Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2023, 13:37   #76
BHPian

Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
A glimpse of the Dashboard. Looks very ordinary. AC vents seems plasticky with no premiumness. Instrument cluster is same as Honda City.
They copied Maruti’s design for ac controls! Baleno, Grand vitara twins, Fronx, etc - they all use almost similar looking Ac controls!

On the Elevate: If I am okay with less features then there is not a single reason why I wouldn’t go for VW twins. They have still more features than Elevate, way more powerful and possibly more fun to drive. They look way better as well.

If I want features plus great economy then the GV hybrid twins. They even look handsome and substantial. Oh so big panoramic roof too as well as 360 camera, ventilated seats and many more over Elevate

I want tons of features, okayish fuel economy, very powerful engine - creta /seltos 155 hp version or NA engines, if I am okay with less power or even diesel for well diesel lovers! Even Astor comes in with great features, more advanced ADAS, great interior quality as well exclusive features like power driver seat (like Creta and Seltos)

Honda elevate stands in no mans land and seems destined to lag behind Korean twins, Hybrid twins and possibly Vw twins as well. Poor attempt by Honda. Too little, too late.

I think Elevate may be the final reason Honda leaves india or in the long run Honda will be like Nissan and Jeep - just maintaining presence in India somehow (or isn’t Honda in that phase already)

I hope Indian carmakers enter this segment in near future and expand this segment further

Last edited by AMG1 : 6th June 2023 at 14:00.
AMG1 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:42   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1811 View Post
so many segment first features for the time (HUD, BOSE sound, 360 degree camera, KIA connect, air purifier and what not.
Honda has never played the features game, even in the mature Western markets. All the features listed above are superficial at best except for 360 degree camera probably. A personal opinion, of course.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 6th June 2023 at 13:53.
Yieldway17 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:43   #78

Finally a proper compact suv from Honda. I personally liked the car. Front looks takes time to get used to. But side profile ( similar to seltos, which is a good thing) and rear looks good. With the proven and reliable engine 1.5ltr with higher state of tune 121bhp ticks my boxes. If they price it well, hopefully this will be the next enty inyo my garage. Interior also looks good, liked those tan color dashboard. I'm not a fan of sunroofs so no problems. Those who are looking for a reliable, well powered, NA engine SUV can seriously consider it.

Now waiting for the Teambhp full detailed review.
Shiali is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:45   #79
BHPian

Sticking my head out and i can say this will sell well even if prived at a slight premium. Honda has got all the basics covered. Butch front, good GC adequate features, Honda tag. Understandable that Honda is on the back foot at the moment and understandably they have not gone too adventurous.
coldice4u is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:47   #80
Senior - BHPian

Here's a look at the rear seat space of the Elevate.

Honda Elevate Preview-20230606_134156.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-20230606_135536.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 6th June 2023 at 13:56.
Venkatesh is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:50   #81
BHPian

Now the rear end looks like a mixture of Seltos boot lid design, the sloping bit looks like its from the Fronx, the tail ight shape looks like a Breeza/Kushaq, the connecting tail laps from the Taigun. Like the Upholstery rich interior when most of the competition is giving plasticky interiors, The Front end is debatable. Feel this will sell well for Honda standards with their core base of City/ Amaze customers looking for an upgrade but with a Honda Badge.
Sierra__foxtrot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:56   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Honda Elevate in pictures.

Attachment 2460349
Based on the picture, it seems that Honda has probably limited the top speed to about 140 km/h or thereabouts, akin to the first-gen Amaze.

Honda had its loyalists waiting for years for a car like this from their stable. Now that they have premiered it, the fans have to wait even longer for its official launch. The car sure Iooks promising, but I believe Honda could have fast-tracked the process a bit.

Last edited by Emvi : 6th June 2023 at 14:03.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:56   #83
BHPian

I think it looks a little ordinary and seems to be lost in the crowd of too many “SUVs” in the market.

But, for those who feel the engine might not be sufficient, the Creta 1.5 NA engine produces about 115 PS with 145 NM torque which is very drivable and never feels underpowered. Coincidentally, I drove our Creta IVT last night with 5 adults and boot full of luggage and never it felt inadequate. Need sudden rush of power to overtake? Two gears down (okay it’s IVT so no actual gears) using paddle shifter and you are in the business. Keeping this in mind, the numbers aren’t necessarily the real indicator of real life performance and thus I will contain my judgement till I test drive it.
Col Mehta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:58   #84
BHPian

ELEVATES The HATE For HONDA's Laziness & Lack Of Effort!

Just feel sad because I had some hope on Honda doing a better job and wanting this to be a car that I could possibly buy. The design is so old and they're just lazy with the engine/interiors/alloys etc. And the disgust isn't just the design which somehow feels Chinese cheap in some ways, but just the lack of thought or efforts when they are launching something big after so long and when they really actually need this to work.

Last edited by TejasV : 6th June 2023 at 13:59.
TejasV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 14:01   #85
BHPian

This market started evolving around 10 years ago. If this design of Elevate was launched by Honda in 2014~2015, than it would have been comparable to first generation Hyundai Creta.
But launching this bland design in the year 2023, which lags excitement may not help Honda much in terms of sales.
Old 6th June 2023, 14:01   #86
BHPian

Mixed views on this one, as many others pointed out. I guess I will wait to see and feel the car once it arrives at the dealers.

The 1.5 Engine is a good performer in the City (compared to the other NA engines at least), but this car might be a bit heavier ( is the weight information known at this point? ) and it will be interesting to see whether they have made any tweak to account for that.
Old 6th June 2023, 14:02   #87

Wow, this is as boring as they get. I'm sorry for anyone who had held off purchases to buy a Creta-specced hybrid Honda.
I'm not sure how Honda's business decisions are driven, but they haven't been able to understand the market needs lately. One perspective would be, that they've understood what the current Honda (City) owners need, but completely lost the plot for everyone who isn't actually fixated or loyal to Honda as a brand.
I don't think Hyundai/Kia would lose sleep over this, management at VW/Skoda would arrange a Bierfest to celebrate this misstep.
Would Honda go the Ford route 5 years down the line?

Last edited by Axe77 : 6th June 2023 at 14:13.
Deamon0508 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 14:02   #88
BHPian

Surprised by the comments! I kind of like what they have done. I believe this is going to do well for Honda. I would take this eyes closed. It is Safe, reliable and has the best NA engine. Koreans are not just unsafe but their turbo's have issues (NA engines are just okay, Diesel is good) , The GV and Hyryder has 103 BHP NA engine (Discussion closed) , Hybrid sales are way behind the NA engine.

Wish there was an option without sunroof! I have my eye on the white one. Now the pricing, hope they play as safe as they did with city.
NJ_9 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 14:06   #89
BHPian

Honda has a good product in their kitty, wish they were aggressive enough to offer more powertrain options with turbo engines and torque converters/DCTs

Some observations based on the pictures and Dimensions

- Should have enough space for 4 at least
- Honda has the SUV feeling covered with the butch looks and good dimensions
- Elevate is a proper C Segment contender that makes it a level playing field for Honda (except on the powertrain front), unlike the Mobilios/BRVs of the world
- Hybrid powertrain needs to be localized and offered readily and not merely an option on the brouchure, Honda was never interested to sell City Hybrids, when I had enquired in Mangalore, the waiting time quoted for Hybrid was 1 year and upon asking how many bookings they hold for the Hybrid, the number was Zero
- Badly need the 1.5 Turbo plonked to compete with the powerful options from the competitors
- One touch up/down for all windows is not provided here unlike the City, it is such a convenient option to have
- What is with the visible screw on the inside door handle? Hope it is missing the cover and is not left that way on the production version, seeing this on all doors, our 2008 i10 has covers for the screws here
- Profile is similar to Nissan Kicks, but with Kicks being a flop may not draw any comparisons
- Infotainment looks like an upgrade from the City's, but still not similar to the ones offered on HR-Vs/ CR-Vs, hopefully the quality is good

All in all Elevate looks like a product that is well conceived and must sell well, Hopefully Honda realizes the powertrain deficit they have vis a vis the competition and fixes it soon.
abaliga is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 14:11   #90
BHPian

What's wrong with looking butch, boxy and similar to the global Honda Pilot? Nothing I say!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Preview-images-40.jpeg  

Honda Elevate Preview-fb_img_1686038377042.jpg  

John316_WRC is offline   (25) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks