Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2021, 10:38   #241
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP real world guide to service costs. How much do you actually spend?

Just got my Jazz CVT serviced for its 40k interval, from Ace Honda in Noida. It cost me 14k in total, which included extras like AC servicing (~3k), Wheel alignment and balancing (~1.5k) and all 3 Wiper blade rubber replacements (1k).

Honda’s site mentions just under 8k for this service interval but the service centre also added around 1.5k in total for Scanning, Motorcare treatment and sanitisation. I asked the SA and he said that these were an essential part of the servicing.

Browsing through the forum, it seems that the Motorcare treatment has been added by Honda everywhere but I’m definitely feeling fleeced after paying 14k for the service, especially since the interval for the car is 6 months.

Last edited by Marauder : 15th July 2021 at 10:51.
Old 15th July 2021, 10:55   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Just got my Jazz CVT serviced for its 40k interval, from Ace Honda in Noida. It cost me 14k in total, which included extras like AC servicing (~3k), Wheel alignment and balancing (~1.5k) and all 3 Wiper blade rubber replacements (1k). Honda’s site mentions just under 8k for this service interval but the service centre also added around 1.5k in total for Scanning, Motorcare treatment and sanitisation. I asked the SA and he said it these were an essential part of the servicing. Browsing through the forum, it seems that the Motorcare treatment has been added by Honda everywhere but I’m definitely feeling fleeced after paying 14k for the service, especially since the interval for the car is 6 months.
This is why I like Maruti.

They have a large number of Maruti Authorised Service Stations, manned by factory trained personnel. For the past 20 years I have been patronising one such centre and not only can I watch what is being done, but can interact with the service personnel and take photos of what they do.

Team-BHP real world guide to service costs. How much do you actually spend?-osc_2377.jpg

Team-BHP real world guide to service costs. How much do you actually spend?-osc_2382.jpg

Team-BHP real world guide to service costs. How much do you actually spend?-osc_2406.jpg

Team-BHP real world guide to service costs. How much do you actually spend?-osc_2429.jpg

Team-BHP real world guide to service costs. How much do you actually spend?-osc_2441.jpg
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 22:03   #243
BHPian

Got my Toyota Glanza G M/T serviced a few days back. It was 2 Years/ 10,000 KMs paid(first) service from Topsel Toyota, Kolkata. While purchasing this car I skipped Baleno just to get the premium service from Toyota folks and they stood with the commitment.
My total service cost came to INR 8374.00 including GST.

The extra optional items I chose:
1. Wheel outer hub grease. ( I did not pay attention when S.A was explaining and thought it as wheel balancing. My bad.)
2. Mech Care: They lubricated and fastened all the joints, bolts, hinges, and dashboard joints. My car was having a few rattling noises which got resolved post this.
3. AC Duct cleaning: Over one year the ac ducts got too much dust in them as I love driving with windows half-open during the afternoon/evenings. This dust might be the reason for redness in my eyes whenever I drive longer distances with AC on.
4. Took spare windshield fluid pouches.

Service scheduling and Express Maintenance:

I did book the appointment through the Toyota Connect app but there was a catch. Topsel Toyota opens at 9:30 AM but the Toyota Connect app takes service booking from 9:00 AM. I had to wait 30 minutes but they received my car at 9:35 AM sharp. I had opted for Express Maintenance 60 but S.A denied that as coolant change takes more time according to him. He promised me to deliver the car at 1:00 PM and he sharply did it. Overall I am happy with the kind of service Toyota folks are providing here but could be happier if additional options were not pushed (S.A insisted on interior polish and more stuff).

Cropped Bill :
Team-BHP real world guide to service costs. How much do you actually spend?-screenshot-20220108-9.21.32-pm.png
Team-BHP real world guide to service costs. How much do you actually spend?-screenshot-20220108-9.21.58-pm.png
Team-BHP real world guide to service costs. How much do you actually spend?-screenshot-20220108-9.22.09-pm.png

My Posession:
Team-BHP real world guide to service costs. How much do you actually spend?-img_6416.jpg
rajarshi94 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 12:35   #244
BHPian

This might be slightly off topic, but I wanted to ask you guys how you deal with pressure tactics of service advisors(SA) at company authorised service centres (ASC)

I assume that the SAs are given a commission based on the total bill, so they try to pile on unnecessary repairs to inflate the bill.

I’ve had SAs try pressure tactics on me. They’ll call me and quickly rattle off a list of faults and price estimate and they want an answer ASAP. I feel pressured. When I disapprove a majority of repairs, they sound disappointed.

I think SAs should have a fixed remuneration to curb pressure tactics. How do you guys handle such situations, I’m interested to know. How do you decide essential repairs from non-essential repairs?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks