Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which would you buy ?
NHC VTec 54 19.08%
Lancer Cedia Select 229 80.92%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:12   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsNsqueals View Post
Hey, c'mon NHC is a good car, ain't it? Cheer me up!!!
NHC:
-Ve:
  • 1. Low GC (160mm with soft suspension): This is an issue only if you seat 5 adults and encounter a short & tall hump. With only driver & co-passenger, on the same hump it goes over the hump without an issue. OT: What happens if the chassis scrapes the hump once in a while?
  • 2. Soft bumper with thin metal sheet construction: In case a collision, you won't feel anything in the car but when see the impact you will be surprised the see the dent.
  • 3. Loses steam after 140Kmph
  • 4. No diesel option
  • 5. No ABS or Airbags, even as an option.
+Ve:
  • 1. Very good interiors (GXi) better than most cars - matters only if you appreciate this.
  • 2. Very easy to drive
  • 3. Stock ICE (Alpine 98xx) is quite good
  • 4. Good amount space for front & rear passengers
  • 5. Maintain safe speed of 80~120Kmph
  • 6. Very silent engine and good NVH reduction in the cabin
  • 7. Comparatively better FE
Now, tell if its a good car or not.

Last edited by msdivy : 22nd August 2007 at 12:23.
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:19   #152
Senior - BHPian

If you are going for the NHC, wait a month or so. The latest What Car issue again mentions that ABS, Airbags will be offered on the NHC soon. Maybe with a price hike of around 30K. This should still be within your budget ?
Old 22nd August 2007, 13:26   #153
BHPian

I never liked the NHC.. the NHC in its current specs and price is pure extortion. As a car Cedia is far superior and VFM..But again Mitsubishi is not doing very well in india partnering with HM. There is even talks of Mitsubishi revamping its business in india. In that case i am not sure how would be the *** ( after sales service) iread it is pretty crappy even now. things can look up if Mitsubishi sets up shop in india
Old 22nd August 2007, 13:29   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
I never liked the NHC.. the NHC in its current specs and price is pure extortion. As a car Cedia is far superior and VFM..But again Mitsubishi is not doing very well in india partnering with HM. There is even talks of Mitsubishi revamping its business in india. In that case i am not sure how would be the *** ( after sales service) iread it is pretty crappy even now. things can look up if Mitsubishi sets up shop in india
A dealer tells me Mitsubishi is entering india on its own in India in 2008.
Old 23rd August 2007, 09:01   #155
BHPian

After negotiation, Cedia Select worked out only 7.6K more than Vtec for me. If you can stretch by 30k more, you get leather upholstry and side skirting which is absolute VFM still. Not to mention added safety of ABS and Airbags.

Also Vtec production is stopped for next 1.5 months and you may not get colour of your choice. If you haven't, do TD Cedia.
Old 23rd August 2007, 11:51   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It sure is as long as you dont plan to go over 80kmph, cause that's its top speed

Just kidding !!!
Though you were kidding, I think I should mention that I have comfortably done 140+ with well built 4 adults on the GQ. I have done it several times. (And my car is NHC Gxi.)
Old 23rd August 2007, 12:31   #157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Though you were kidding, I think I should mention that I have comfortably done 140+ with well built 4 adults on the GQ. I have done it several times. (And my car is NHC Gxi.)
even the alto does 140 kmph on GQ with 4 adults. Its not just about the top speed its also about how quickly you reach there.
Old 23rd August 2007, 12:48   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
One afternoon, I was on Mysore-Bangalore road between Srirangapatna & Mandya. Apart from me, there were 4 adults in the car and all were asleep. I was doing 120. In my rear view I saw a car fast approaching. To my surprise it was a pre-ZX NHC. Visibility was good and the road was empty. I moved to left lane and increased the speed. I touched 140. But the car closed on me. I increased the speed. I touched 150, 155. The other car overtook me. I reduced the speed to 120 and reached my destination. I don't know speed he was doing - could be between 160 & 165.
Old 23rd August 2007, 13:03   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It sure is as long as you dont plan to go over 80kmph, cause that's its top speed

Just kidding !!!

Hey C'mon - NHC aint that slow...
Old 23rd August 2007, 13:18   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
One afternoon, I was on Mysore-Bangalore road between Srirangapatna & Mandya. Apart from me, there were 4 adults in the car and all were asleep. I was doing 120. In my rear view I saw a car fast approaching. To my surprise it was a pre-ZX NHC. Visibility was good and the road was empty. I moved to left lane and increased the speed. I touched 140. But the car closed on me. I increased the speed. I touched 150, 155. The other car overtook me. I reduced the speed to 120 and reached my destination. I don't know speed he was doing - could be between 160 & 165.
NHC might do 205kmph, but it feels highly scary, cross winds easily disturb the composture. If you do a 0 - 150 in a Cedia & NHC non Vtec side by side you will notice how quick the Cedia really is. Its not how fast the NHC can go, its how fast it reaches there, & Cedia's handling and stability is something else. It handles much better then a Civic so what is a NHC infront of it as far as handling. Hmmm, nothing!
Old 23rd August 2007, 13:40   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
even the alto does 140 kmph on GQ with 4 adults. Its not just about the top speed its also about how quickly you reach there.
And also how stable the vehicle feels when you get there & how comfortable you'd be about maintaining that speed over a stretch
Old 23rd August 2007, 13:54   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2_ash View Post
I met a
person there who was owning a Cedia sport. he advised me not to buy cedia as he himself is fed up with the car. His car was just 4-5 months old at that time and already facing the issues with the gear box, rattling noises from the suspension and doors and above all the bonet of his car was not locking with the front grill. Whenever there was any jerk, the bonet used to open up. HM was unable to resolve any of his problems despite his several visits. He was facing that bonet problem for couple of months but HM didn't had the spare parts to resolve that.You can imagine how frustating it could be for the owner of a 11 lakh car to drive with his open bonnet.One of my friend had a lancer in delhi. After couple of year, water started seeping in from the front glass. he got the entire glass along with the rubbers replaced but of no use...HM couldn't rectify the issue. finally he sold out his car.These things don't happen in every car but it shows the real quality of the car and more importantly A.S.S.
If what you say is true with many Cedias, I'll say you broke my heart. I always loved the way that car looks and feels on the road. Really sad to hear such poor quality/A.S.S. stories!
Old 23rd August 2007, 14:47   #163
Senior - BHPian

^^Its a one off for sure... and i'm not very sure of its authenticity as well. My car is now nearing 4 months. Not a single issue so far and there's no rattling whatsoever inspite of it suffering the abuse of bangalore roads.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 23rd August 2007 at 14:48.
Old 23rd August 2007, 16:11   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Gxi doesn't take 30 minutes to reach 140kmph lol.
Old 23rd August 2007, 16:45   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
NHC might do 205kmph, but it feels highly scary, cross winds easily disturb the composture. If you do a 0 - 150 in a Cedia & NHC non Vtec side by side you will notice how quick the Cedia really is. Its not how fast the NHC can go, its how fast it reaches there, & Cedia's handling and stability is something else. It handles much better then a Civic so what is a NHC infront of it as far as handling. Hmmm, nothing!
NHC can do 205kmph?????

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks