Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which would you buy ?
NHC VTec 54 19.08%
Lancer Cedia Select 229 80.92%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2007, 00:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

What struck me that day was - how many prospective buyers, who consider the VTec, are even aware of the fact that the same money can buy them the Cedia - arguably one half-segment above the VTec. If HM is pricing at C segment levels, why don't they advertise it accordingly ? People still think of the Cedia is an option when in the market for a Civic/Corolla, when comparable models of both cars are priced 3-4 L more.

Regarding resale value - I wouldn't think that the Cedia will have atrocious resale values. Look at the current Lancer. It doesn't fare that badly compared to the OHC 1.5. Inspite of perceived reputations of the Lancer being high maintenance, lower FE, inferior A.S.S.

But yes, the resale value differential between the NHC VTec and the Cedia, may vary in the first 2/3 years. However, I guess there are no figures to this effect yet. It's all speculation.

@1100, maybe you could seriously consider one. By the time you return, prices could drop down to the 7.xx L range
Old 30th July 2007, 00:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

Oh no,I am done with cars, every tom dick and harry seems to have one. For me its a 1613SE and guess what , overtaking will actually be taking it over!! Much more fun (oh btw they are RWD too!!).

Last edited by 1100D : 30th July 2007 at 00:33.
Old 30th July 2007, 12:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_2006 View Post
It is NHC VTEC for me, Cedia gets ruled out due to poor resale.
Can I have a proof please? There's nowhere a single cedia for sale and its sellin 1200+ units a month. why would its resale be low?
Old 30th July 2007, 12:16   #34
BHPian

I wouldn't buy either. But since there are only 2 options voted for the Cedia as it is more VFM in terms of the feature set.
Old 30th July 2007, 12:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
What struck me that day was - how many prospective buyers, who consider the VTec, are even aware of the fact that the same money can buy them the Cedia - arguably one half-segment above the VTec. If HM is pricing at C segment levels, why don't they advertise it accordingly ? People still think of the Cedia is an option when in the market for a Civic/Corolla, when comparable models of both cars are priced 3-4 L more.

the cedia since it was positioned in the corrolla/civic segment, was launched at similar prices. but based on bad sales, the prices were brought down. not many car makers would advertise discounts bcos that puts a dent on their original positioning...

for that matter, when lancer prices were heavily slashed over the last 2 years, it was never advertised...a lot of auto mags were and are still showing the old prices in their last pages....
Old 30th July 2007, 12:22   #36
BHPian

Voted for cedia, thts obvious choice for me..
Old 30th July 2007, 13:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
But I guess it's futile, since the winner will surely be the VTec.

Sad.
heh-heh, so do the results surprise you? Voted for the Cedia by the way, because of the lineage & performance
Old 30th July 2007, 14:25   #38
BHPian

Cedia anytime.....its far ahead than vtec
Old 30th July 2007, 14:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

I drove my friend's Cedia Select and NHC Vtec extensively and I would say, nothing beats the drive and feel of Cedia.. On Cedia, I feel comfortably in control when I hit 140-160 kmph, whereas, in NHC Vtec, I don't feel like crossing 120 kmph and its aerodynamics and body roll don't give that much confidence. Coupled with that, lack of airbags, ABS etc. reminds me not to speed high.. So, its Cedia for me ANYTIME.. NHC VTec scores in Honda snob value...
Old 30th July 2007, 14:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
heh-heh, so do the results surprise you?
It does actually. I thought the Honda would at least get a higher percentage of votes.

But then, @Devarshi mentioned in another thread, that the Cedia is clocking 1200+ in monthly sales. That's surely more than the VTec numbers.
Old 30th July 2007, 15:31   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Next to the Cedia Sports, the VTEC looks pathetic. Only the OHC VTEC can be compared and that too with a lot of adds/mods like fatter tyres, full bodykit and only in black!

Was angling for it but just can't find the moolah!

Maybe in about 6 months time.......:-)
Old 30th July 2007, 15:39   #42
BHPian

Like Devarshi mentioned in his post before.. I was hunting for a used Cedia just to know the resale value.. None of the used car dealers seem to have one. Atleast the ones that I tried in Chennai. They dont even seem to have sold a cedia before.
So the same question again.. when there are too less cedia's for sale, how can anyone talk abt their resale value ?
Old 30th July 2007, 18:09   #43
BHPian

folks
i dont know much but i believe some of these points might be true
1. People expected an EVO when cedia was launched. then dint get it. So cedia was bashed all over the place.
2. HM is a "Sarkari" company types. so they dint haev an idea how to market it.
3. Cedia gives many things good. nothing exceptional (from common man's perspective).

my choice is stil a Cedia. Not heart over brains. Have put my money where my mouth (heart??) is n booked a cedia manchester red.

Reasons?
1. City (both old and new) is WAYY too common! when u spend lakhs do u want to stand out?? feel good factor.
2. only old one has that juicy engine but too old now.
3. looks is brilliant compared to ANY car.
4. Telescopic colapsible stering column is provided (mitsu is way ahead for safety) only mentioned this cause havent see it anywhere.

cheersss
Ranjith
Old 30th July 2007, 18:11   #44
BHPian

one point i dont understand,
how come no cedia's second hand for sale?
cant be thaaatt attached to it
also its been 2+ years when its launched so old cars exist.

i think ppl will suddenly wake up demand will rocket???
Old 30th July 2007, 18:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

If there are hardly any Cedia's then wont the resale be high as demand is more then supply. LOL

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks