Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2007, 22:14   #121
BANNED

guys,,ther can be a loong list of the most comfortable cars to drive. it should be segment wise, the most comfortable cars to drive would have to be the mercs,beemers,audis,bentleys...all of these are in india and have to be the most comfortable to drive among all.
therefore lets rate them segment wise.
Old 10th August 2007, 23:45   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

diesels are the best cruisers on highways thats what i think.
my list
1.e280 cdi
2.laura
3.sonata crdi(lag is too much)
4.elantra
5.verna(imagine 2000Rpm @100kmph with awesome reserve of power)
Old 11th August 2007, 00:16   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
John, believe it or not I found the M800 comfortable for me in comparo to the Alto.
And this coming from a baleno owner !
Guess it is different for different people. There is no absolute end to saying this car is better than this in terms of comfort. It is a personal thing. I have never ever felt comfortable in my dad's amby (as a driver), but it is still the most preferred car.
Old 11th August 2007, 01:07   #124
BHPian

the alto is the worst car even the 800 i came back from a 3 hour drive from Cochin and my back oh my neck, i need to see a doctor shattering pain in my joints!
then again i have a torn front cushion in the drivers seat

OT: how much will this cost me! comfort for driving is zero now help

i would say TATA Safari Amazing!
Old 11th August 2007, 02:28   #125
BHPian

welll lesseee now ...

Personal experience wise
1. FIAT Sienna - Brilliant ride, comfortable seats and most of all amazing,
confidence inspiring roadholding / handling.
2. FIAT Uno - Again .... like i said ... (the one i drove had a free flow to
boot,one of my nicer drives. It was SSWWWEEEET !! Aaahh lovely
memories. Sigh !)
3. Optra 1.8 - Excellent comfort, very quiet inside, stable at speed and the
1.8 engine's got good grunt for the highway. In fact, that's my top
speed car.
4. My Esteem - I just love the driving position of the Esteem. Low and
stretched out, everything falls perfectly to hand, and, she's quite peppy
and a whole lotta fun to drive.

In fact, the only reason the Esteem's last is because it does'nt have a dead pedal. You've just gotta' have a dead pedal.

Cheers
Old 11th August 2007, 03:01   #126
Team-BHP Support

Tata Safari and Hyundai Getz.... Two most comfortable.
I used to have major lower back problems, but the Getz seat support is so good that I could do 8-9 hours with ease.
Indica seats are good, but the gearshift is(or maybe its on older models like mine) bad for your cervical and shoulder muscles. Also the low power ensures a higher stress level.
Old 11th August 2007, 11:27   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
You have neatly compiled the worst five for a long distance drive.

Maruti 800
Santro
Scorpio
Verna
Matiz
Well, I can't comment on all the cars above, but I can tell you Matiz is very comfortable driving on long drives. Last year, I did Delhi-Manali in under 12hours with drive time of 10.5hours and didn't feel any tiredness. For the driver, the car is very spacious though its a small car. I drive a Lancer in BLR, but whenever i get into my dad's Matiz in Delhi, I never feel its a small car - let me tell you that I definitely feel otherwise if I tried an 800, santro or zen!
The Matiz is also very stable and reassuring at high speeds of 120-130kmph.

Regards,
Ritesh
Old 12th August 2007, 15:24   #128
BHPian

I feel the M-800, Esteem & Baleno all have very good driver's seat(supportive and Lowslung), Steering, Gear Lever and pedals placement ergonomically for a good comfortable and supprtive(Back, Thigh , lumbar) long distance ride. The Swift and SX4 with their high seating dont have that. In fact in trying to indianise the vehicles (read raised bench like seating) the drivers seating comfort has gone for a toss. Another point in favour of these Marutis is effortless gear shift combined with flat power curve where in it can pull from very low speeds and good steering control. What spoils the party however is tinny build, not so comfortable /solid suspension and not very inspiring brakes.

I am waiting for another car with a wedge like shape of Baleno and the drivers seating position like these cars .
Old 13th August 2007, 03:13   #129
BHPian

Just back from 750 kms (two day trip) in Matiz from Chandigarh-Dehradun-Mussoorie-Dehradun-Rishikesh-Byasi-Devprayag-Rudraprayag-Rishikesh-Dehradun-Chandigarh. Rains all the way, lush green avenue like roads/hills with overflowing ganges by my side. Loved every bit of it.

I am planning to do Chandigarh-Bhopal (950 km) at a stretch next month. Again, in my beloved Matiz.

Last edited by zzzehar : 13th August 2007 at 03:16.
Old 13th August 2007, 03:55   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
Just back from 750 kms (two day trip) in Matiz from Chandigarh-Dehradun-Mussoorie-Dehradun-Rishikesh-Byasi-Devprayag-Rudraprayag-Rishikesh-Dehradun-Chandigarh. Rains all the way, lush green avenue like roads/hills with overflowing ganges by my side. Loved every bit of it.

I am planning to do Chandigarh-Bhopal (950 km) at a stretch next month. Again, in my beloved Matiz.
the matiz is a wonderful little hatch to drive.
i have driven it to completely crazy places.
i agree with you.amazing comfort and ride.
Old 13th August 2007, 08:59   #131
BHPian

Mitsubishi Lancer (Old love, loved the car totally and its handling)
Maruthi Esteem (The seating position and the low seating style)
FIAT PALIO 1.6 (Did a 500 KMS run and did nt feel any strain)
Old 13th August 2007, 09:22   #132
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Among my current three cars, the Baleno is the most comfortable, the Premier Padmini next and the Maruti 800 after that. I have also driven some borrowed cars like a Hyundai Accent, Opel Corsa and Hyundai Santro.
For the 93 km stretch of expressway.
I would rate comfort wise, the cars in this order.

1) Maruti Baleno Vxi. Leagues ahead of the Accent in driver comfort. center arm rest and dead pedal well positioned.
2) Hyundai Accent. Too much road noise. The front seats barely a shade better than my Padmini.
3) Premier Padmini Deluxe BU. The Corsa is quicker and faster but the Padmini is roomy and comfortable. Padmini BU's factory bucket seats with headrests are more comfortable than the Corsa.
4) Opel Corsa. Legroom for driver is awesome, but steering wheel painful. Almost Qualis-like Gear throws terrible and trucky. Moulded polyurethane seats save the day.
5) Maruti 800 5-sp. 12v MPFI. 4-valves per cylinder give awesome pickup, which improves further when a/c is switched off. Highly manoeuvrable jet fighter. Steering wheel is hard and unyielding. 130 km/h on expressway in 5th gear. 80% aspect ratio tires soften and quieten the ride that baby bit more.
6) Hyundai Santro. Cheap Korean backache machine. Exhausts you at the end of the expressway. You sit too stiff and upright, van-like.
Old 13th August 2007, 12:39   #133
BHPian

Tata Indigo TDI (with K&N filter) - Highly manoeuvrable and responsive, 140+ kmph, and stability rock solid, ride quite smooth and baby like ride. 580 kms nonstop to Hyderabad from Bangalore. I love this car.
Old 18th August 2007, 14:23   #134
BHPian

Tata Safari and Toyota Innova...Superb mile munchers.We have both these cars in our family and we do 500kms a day once a month in either of this vehicles..

In overall comfort Innova wins but Safari wins hands down when comes to middle seat comfort...
Old 18th August 2007, 22:49   #135
BHPian

M800.
Just pull the 'choke' after putting it in 4th gear.
Cruises at 50 to 70 kmph depending on the incilnation of the road.
Thats a huge - and I mean HUGE - relief.

Also I found its thigh support of seat better than that crappy and utter nonsense OHC. Man! How much I hate that stupid driver seat! Its as if you are half floating...

My vote for M800.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks