Old 13th February 2024, 14:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=vhdZRURYMiE
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=6wVer3_fXFQ

Hello Everyone,

My experience with buying Tata Safari car has been unbearably painful and of loss.
This is ridiculous and a new low for even Tata motors! How can they even think of attempting such things.

Few queries-
1) Were you not aware of Tata Motors QC before plonking in 33 big ones?
2) Did you do a PDI and were such issues present during it?

Whatever your answer is to 1 and 2, this is completely unacceptable from Tata motors side.
Suggestions-
1) Tag all the bigwigs from Tata motors on the Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and even Linkedin.
2) Keep pestering about the issues until they hand over a brand new car to you.
3) Don't accept this car at any costs now. It's completely disassembled and pretty sure they won't be able to put it back without any issues.
07CR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 15:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:

Hello Everyone,

My experience with buying Tata Safari car has been unbearably painful and of loss.
This is as bad as it can get for any owner of a new car. I am so sorry for the trouble you are going through and I hope you get a satisfactory resolution. I know most of us (including me) would demand a new car but knowing how these companies work and the formalities involved I would set more realistic expectations. Nonetheless you should push for a replacement. One recommendation, try and solve this out without involving legal as much as you can. If things don't progress then get legal help. Let me know if you require assistance with references in your area.

Please do keep us posted on how this issue was resolved.

Being a owner of the new Safari myself, I am now scared to send my car to the ASS to get minor issues sorted. I would rather live with the minor issues than torment my car to torture by these ASS folks.

Best,
Enigmatic
Enigmatic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 17:16   #18
BHPian

There was a similar such case of a Harrier in the forum, owner drove down to Goa, and the car got stuck. Multiple iterations and a complete disassembly (much like yours), a bent/ damaged pin in the main cable harness was found top be the culprit. One look at the pic posted by that owner and I cancelled my Harrier booking and went in for the only other car that was readily available at that time, the XL6.
Your plight is very similar to that of the other poster's. I would have felt distraught and bombarded social media with this, tagging everyone from competitors to TaMo to regulatory bodies to even the Consumer Protection bodies.
handsofsteel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 17:37   #19
BHPian

I hope somebody at the top looks into the root cause and get the issue resolved. Just be patient.

The photos look frightening and I think that is the reason why they donot allow people to enter automobile workshops or operation theatres.

We are seeing too many of such incidents across all types of cars and in each case, the owners are showing the frustration in different ways on social media and it slowly dies out.

The need of the hour is lemon laws in India. There are thousands of the same batch and model on the road and only some unfortunate customers have to go through this because of lemon cars.

OEM have a huge budget and fleet of lawyers to fight customers to manage multi billion dollar companies and a single customer cannot fight them in any way.

I just googled and found the following link and hope some lawyer in this forum can throw more light on the same.

https://www.jlsrjournal.in/need-for-...y-niranjana-n/

Last edited by Mystic : 13th February 2024 at 17:43.
Mystic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 18:47   #20

Quote:
=====
[ATTACH=IMG_2346.jpg]2572105
This is very sad and shocking, to say the very least.
If I am not wrong, I think the dealer conduct a PDI of their own before taking delivery of the car from factory, and then you also have your own PDI as an owner at the dealer's yard. I am wondering how can these basic defects go unnoticed?
Kanglasha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 18:50   #21

My God! Tata is completely losing it. I am fighting my own battle with my Nexon EV facelift that I took delivery about 6 weeks ago! The vehicle has safety issues such as motor starting without any prompt, not turning off when the stop button is pushed, charging gun not releasing, etc. Tata technicians have no clue how to fix these issues and TAMO doesn't care to examine the root cause and find proper solutions. The vehicle was at the service center for 12 days and none of the issues are satisfactorily addressed. Their solutions range all the way from disconnecting and reconnecting the 12V battery to just telling you not to worry because these random issues are common with a smirk.

I ask TAMO executives, who is responsible if the vehicle that automatically starts without trigger hits a pedestrian on the road? Do you guys even care for the safety aspects of the car? Despite sending video proofs of dangerous behavior by the car, all you get are a bunch of automated messages from Tata.

Wake up Tata, I purchased an Indian car with pride, but repenting my decision everyday.
ravi_cnr is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 19:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:

Hello Everyone,

My experience with buying Tata Safari car has been unbearably painful and of loss.....
We were planning to book a new TATA car, and after reading this post, we have stopped and now have started re-evaluating other options. I really don't understand, when TML is going to work and fix the quality aspects of their cars.
DivyanshuDiv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 20:07   #23
BHPian

Quote:
We are prepared to file a case in the consumer court and to go to any length to get justice.

Please support us by any means possible. Your feedback and advices are the most welcome. Thank you.

I will update more soon.

Complete car assembly is removed.
I sincerely empathise with you. When there are enough stories of bad Tata and its cars and dealers, I still wonder why did you buy the Safari and that too a freshly baked product which is definitely prone to failure every day.

Please go the legal route and sue the dealer/Tata. Please note to collect as many records as possible for evidence and reference. Also please do it ASAP so that your time and energy is saved - the earlier the case is filed when the car is new, the easier and quicker are the legal proceedings and verdict.
Livnletcarsliv is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 20:42   #24

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

I own a car detailing shop in Chennai. For the kind of issues, I keep hearing through the forums and customers, I am really sceptical to even accept any TATA car for a wash just for the reason that what if it fails to start after a wash? Sorry, but this is my residual impression.

Even if receive a car at my shop, I sit personally throughout the wash to ensure that I do not get into a scenario where I am answerable to my customers and also keep praying to sail through such scenarios. Every feedback from members keeps suggesting on QA. However, I feel that the whole system/assembly line at TATA should be robust such that it is system dependant than people dependant. If this happens probably these issues might rest.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th February 2024 at 20:50. Reason: Post edited and para space added for better reading
deepaksekar is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 20:49   #25
Team-BHP Support

re: My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!

Thanks for sharing, sln! Moving your post out to a new thread. A new thread means 100X the views & 100X the visibility in search engines, including Google. Your post is also on homepage today. .

Hope your issues are resolved to your satisfaction soon.

@ BHPians, if you should spot any post in an existing thread that deserves its own new thread, please report the post and we'll move it out for greater visibility.

Thank you!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 20:55   #26
BHPian

re: My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!

Heartbreaking and not acceptable at all! Hope Tata Motors are listening and reading. Look at Kia who replaced the car for windshield distortion issue. Kudos to them. Tata must follow the example.

All the best!
Rodie09 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 21:14   #27
BHPian

It really puts a big question on head. What is so difficult for an Indian giant to get things right at the base? It really makes difficult for prospective buyers to even consider putting their hard money on them.

On a serious note, i am questioning what could be the problem on the assembly line that when a car rolls out it is filled with weird QC issues? I would appreciate forum members to help to know what could be the thing. So many cars rolling out of TATA’s assembly line developing issues?
Is it the inferior quality supplier, inferior QC check , mismanaged assembly line due to overcomplicated model list? what could it be?

They develop great cars , that drive great and are solid built but they have got too many niggles . That’s not what is expected. I see issues majorly with the harrier, safari and now new tech on nexon.
Punch somehow, is still better off and good.

TATA should hault their assembly lines , do a complete overhaul and start. Bear the short term cost of assembly rejig and reap the benefit with reliable and niggle free products in long.

Also, TATA should either get stringent with their Dealer network or step in with COCO model and remove the lagging ASS. Certain TATA dealers are lethargic and like a broken cog in fast machine . They dupe customers who put their hard earned money with bad apples in their stockyard.
TheStoryweaver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 21:26   #28
Team-BHP Support

I'd fight for a refund, walk away with the money and buy something else entirely. A replacement car will come off the same QC-deficient line, handled by the same absolutely inept ASC staff, and the whole ownership experience managed by the same woeful Tata bureaucracy.

What use is extra warranty? It's like trying to perform neurosurgery with an axe, and promising extra axes!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 21:30   #29
BHPian

Absolutely shocking QC failures at Tata Motors. I cannot understand why these issues keep cropping up? Hasn't enough time passed for their production lines to mature and processes to stabilize?
ryzen7@5800u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 21:42   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I empathize with you. Buying a Tata car nowadays is like taking a slice out of spoiled pizza, Knowing well before that the Pizza is spoiled at multiple spots(Probability of getting a clean slice is next to impossible). But we still go ahead and buy it due to following reasons.
a) Great looking cars which drives well as well
b) Getting absorbed by vocal for local tagline. ("I am guilty of being one among the victims"

This is a short summary of experience with Tata Safari 2022

1) Right out of showroom. Minor scratches on paint all over:

My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-whatsapp-image-20240213-8.24.19-pm-1.jpeg
My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-whatsapp-image-20240213-8.24.19-pm.jpeg
My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-whatsapp-image-20240213-8.24.20-pm-1.jpeg
My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-whatsapp-image-20240213-8.24.21-pm-1.jpeg

Decided to let it go and get the vehicle as post polishing these minor scratches disappeared almost.

2) Fixing number plate saga

My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-whatsapp-image-20240213-8.24.22-pm.jpeg

Zoom in and you will find additional two holes on the number plate. The guy installing these plates got it wrong. Again I let it go because was already frustrated and tired.

3) Service centers Fiasco

Have you ever observed differences when looking at Tata service centers entrance compared to other brands. Hyundai, Kia, Ford even Mahindra at many places have vast entrances with enough spacing for vehicles to enter/park/exit with good ambiance.
Meanwhile Tata service centers looks like this as attached below.
My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-whatsapp-image-20240213-8.24.18-pm-1.jpeg

This one is from PPS motors Guindy, which has one of the best google ratings
for Tata cars service at Chennai.

4) Poor Service experiences. Get new scratches after every service visit/ Non responsive Service reps

a) Sree Gokulam:
Went for door alignment issue. Little finger sized scratch at the door. Service guy brushed it off saying it was already there with a smirk.
b) PPS Chrompet:
Created new scratches buy washing with clothes used for cleaning oil stains
c) PPS Guindy:
This one is latest as seen in below image. After giving the vehicle for suspension failure. (Front right - replaced under warranty)
My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-whatsapp-image-20240213-8.23.59-pm.jpeg

Still Persistent issues:
1. Droning sound every time RPM is at 2500-3000, from left side above window.
2. TPMS never works as intended.
3. AC is throwing mild dust inside cabin, which is not fixed. Simple matter of replacing the AC filter.

Taking oath today to get rid of the car within 5 years and replace it with a more trustable brand. Never getting back on TATA again & wouldn't recommend it to anyone, not even for my enemy.

Will cover all these & more in a detailed ownership review soon.

PS: BTW the car is a dream to drive. But the tradeoff is not worth it. Such a pity.

Last edited by vegitakarthik : 13th February 2024 at 21:53. Reason: Adding one more line at last.
vegitakarthik is offline   (57) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks