Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2024, 19:39   #91
BHPian

re: My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!

While their research and development department has taken strides, their production and quality departments seemed to have regressed.

Every positive review seems to be followed by two negative customer reviews and more service horror stories. Just sad.
ellip5i5 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 21:04   #92

re: My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!

Poor QC and bad ASS were the particular reasons I cancelled my plan to book Tata Nexon FL and went ahead with Kia Sonet despite knowing its shortcomings. They did not have a demo car in the showroom hence SA took us to their stockyard where that particular Nexon was going to be delivered to a customer in coming days. The car was very dirty inside out, there were couple of unusual visible panel gaps around infotainment cluster. The parcel tray string was already broken. I am sure the dealer would have dumped that defective car to some innocent customer.

I was in complete shock after seeing at the way they handle the cars which will be delivered to the customers. Hence took a decision to not go for the Nexon.
_ajk_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 21:04   #93
BHPian

In engineering teams, people usually under appreciate and value the importance of QA, be it software or hardware. Now you know why QA is important
Kochikaran is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 22:49   #94
sln

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thanks for sharing, sln! Moving your post out to a new thread.
[/b]
Hi @CrAzY dRiVeR

Is it possible to edit my main post to add more updates on it instead of putting my updates at different pages.

Thanks.
sln is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 22:55   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln View Post
Hi @CrAzY dRiVeR

Is it possible to edit my main post to add more updates on it instead of putting my updates at different pages.

Thanks.
Please go ahead and post your updates in the thread and use the "Report post" functionality. Someone from the Team-bhp Support Team will action it.
moralfibre is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 22:59   #96
BHPian

Quote:
The Job card is where I became more suspicious as the TR number, Address, Phone number, last visit to service center, KMs run are completely different and not seem to be by accident as well. Before I made a complaint with Tata Motors customer care number. I received the sms confirmation along with TR number. When I checked with that it's same as in the job card, not mine. I had IRA app installed, there also everything is not mine its some one else's. I took all the screen shots as they can be changed later.
So, it is clear that the car was invoiced to someone else and they backed out, probably realizing that this is a lemon? The dealer then put it on the head of an unsuspecting customer thinking to get away with it.

One shouldn't accept the same vehicle if the dealer had deliberately sold a lemon rejected by another customer.

Hope this will be resolved amicably with utmost satisfaction of yours.

Last edited by ASP007 : 15th February 2024 at 23:02.
ASP007 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 01:38   #97
BHPian

This is extremely disheartening to see. Upon reading your later posts, there definitely something nefarious going on with the dealer. The job cards issue indicates that the dealer is trying to pull a fast one by giving you an older faulty car that someone had rejected. Were there the elecrtical/lighting issues at the time of delivery as well?

I was actually seriously considering the new Safari and even canceled my XUV700 booking. Infact, 2 other friends and I were going to book 3 Safari top ends this weekend. I have just shared this thread with them and we have collectively decided consider the Tuscon or XUV700 instead.

Really hope this gets resolved quickly for you, and I'm hoping it is actually a case of the dealer trying to defraud you and you take him to court. Please dont settle for anything but a new replacement car.
psinide is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 02:09   #98
BHPian

This is so sad. I hope you get a good compensation. It’ll require a lot of patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post
Infact, 2 other friends and I were going to book 3 Safari top ends this weekend. I have just shared this thread with them and we have collectively decided consider the Tuscon or XUV700 instead.
This is exactly how people should respond when issues like these come to light. I was at a detailing shop for my Virtus and they said that a lot of cars have their bumpers or sometimes even doors repainted before delivery and guess what’s the most common brand among those new cars. TATA.
mayank4823 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 03:32   #99
BHPian

I am really disturbed to know about this. It is not about the lemon itself, but the attitude of the company towards a customer who has bought its 30 lac product.

We all can help the OP by simply sharing this thread in all our social media with everybody relevant tagged and a request to reshare.
Sumedik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 04:35   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellip5i5 View Post
While their research and development department has taken strides, their production and quality departments seem to have regressed.
I would say the R&D team had an easy task with the Harrier/Safari. They used a watered-down D8 platform, a Hyundai gearbox, and a Fiat engine, while the safety rating, which is their only USP, was unknown. When compared to Mahindra, the efforts taken by Tata for developing this were easier. The commitment shown by Mahindra was commendable for the XUV700, with a 5-star safety rating, refined and well engineered product with segment-first ADAS features.
Even after one year of releasing the product Harrier was plagued with electrical issues, left drifting, grinding noises during braking and badly tuned steering. While we are ready for niggles, the experience was really bad with clueless service centres and an insensitive manufacturer.
greyhound82 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 05:03   #101
BHPian

Reclaim your life

Yeah right! Sounds more like...

We claim your life

With the amount of agony the OP is going through and the sheer number of QC lapses on what seem to be potentially good products, it's better Tata rephrase their Safari ads to something along these lines. Among my circles who were quite skeptical on TaMo products, I used to be the one who strongly backed their efforts and strides in car design and manufacturing to the extent that was labelled as borderline fanboyism. Almost picked up a Nexon.EV but backed out due to a better deal on the Kona. Going by the increasing number of issues being reported in their new gen cars, I can't bring myself up to defend their products anymore
GKR9900 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 09:35   #102

Quote:
I sent formal requests through email asking for a new car to Customer Care Manager and regional Customer Care manager.

I also asked through email about a detailed explanation of all the work that they are doing on the car, what parts are opened and why, how many people worked on it and for how long. And a detailed report on why the issue happened in the first place.

Request everything in writing and have proofs everywhere.
I think you have reached a point where a decision has to be made. Do you need (a) this specific vehicle to be fixed and handed over to you, (b) a new vehicle offered in lieu of this, or (c) refund all money paid so far and essentially cut all ties with Tata Motors in the context of this transaction?

Because this is going to get dragged along with no peace of mind for you and every possible chicanery being deployed by the SC.
uneasyrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 09:47   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post

I’m very curious on one thing. Doesn’t Tata and other OEMs have traceability to figure out the shift, team and the individuals who assembled the wiring harness and tested and passed this car? If so what action does Tata (or other OEMs) take? Does the individual(s) get fired? Their team leaders demoted or penalised in some fashion? How do these companies treat these incidents. Much of it will never come out. But I’m sure that forum like this will have people who are in the know. Hope they can shed some light on this.

Regards,
Lsjey
Disclaimer - I am not associated with the Auto industry. And I indeed like Tata Safari.

All leading auto manufacturers have high end quality systems and processes in place including a system that maintains Batch manufacturing records. Also, they will have a QC unit that tests items received from parts suppliers. Every action ideally willhave an audit trail. Else, it is not possible to put out a product at what even Tata Motors manages.

A lot of Manufacturers (pharma, Auto, Food etc.) control the Method (process and Tech) variable to control the Man and Machine variables. They are well aware of the hazards poor quality output can pose to humans, animals and environment (low priority) in general.

This issue could be due in part to shoddy planning to launch the car without having adequate Method (QC) protocols in place. Not just the design, but even QC protocols must be stress tested, but unfortunately, you cant always get it right, and you never had enough samples to do any stress testing (new car, mind you). Once the car is launched, and it turns out to be successful, as it turns out in case of Tata, it is very difficult to alter the QC method, as thousands of workers (including those from parts suppliers) are already trained on this process (inc. QC). This takes time. Could be an year or more.

So, i don't expect such problems to vanish in a few months. And I don't think there is a need to fire anyone. It is easy to find fault with humans, often missing sight of how important it is to have a robust process followed by extensive training and stress testing, and then the complex Sh&@bang that happens on the manufacturing and QC beds of a company like Tata Motors.

Last edited by bhaskaracs : 16th February 2024 at 09:50.
bhaskaracs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 10:19   #104
BHPian

Tata is becoming India's Skoda. Both brands have same symptoms - excellent products backed by incompetent service and shabby dealers.

Nobody deserves the hassles OP is going through for a brand new car.
headbanger is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 10:44   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I'd fight for a refund, walk away with the money and buy something else entirely.

What use is extra warranty? It's like trying to perform neurosurgery with an axe, and promising extra axes!
This seems to be the best option, get the money (you shall be paid in full with interest actually) and get good vehicle from some other brand.

This thread is an eye opener to all the people who think they are doing great things for India by buying from Indian Manufacturer, although I understand the patriotism, nationalism and all, in the end its your hard-earned money - so be vigilant while spending this much & choose wisely !
Thyag is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks