Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2024, 10:59   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyag View Post
This thread is an eye opener to all the people who think they are doing great things for India by buying from Indian Manufacturer...
Humbly disagree. I bought a Mahindra XUV500 in 2013 after closely following the 500 niggles thread for more than a year. (I'm a veteran member, as you can see ). Drove the car for 10 years and replaced it with a 700 AWD last year. Covered almost the entire south India and Goa during these period.

Till this morning, I have never faced with a single niggle.

I also owned 2 Fiat Puntos and a Renault Duster 2013-2023 and three times I was forced to call the flatbed (RSA) though all of those were under warranty.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 16th February 2024 at 11:00.
sandeepmdas is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 11:45   #107
BHPian

re: My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
This issue could be due in part to shoddy planning to launch the car without having adequate Method (QC) protocols in place. Not just the design, but even QC protocols must be stress tested, but unfortunately, you cant always get it right, and you never had enough samples to do any stress testing (new car, mind you). Once the car is launched, and it turns out to be successful, as it turns out in case of Tata, it is very difficult to alter the QC method, as thousands of workers (including those from parts suppliers) are already trained on this process (inc. QC). This takes time. Could be an year or more.
Talking of QC and Safari, I had posted some observations in another thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ta-safari.html (Curious about a "Quality Control" checklist I found in my new Tata Safari)

What is happening with the OP's Safari is wrong at so many levels. Nothing good comes out of these kinds of experiences. This is exactly what we call as systemic failure, top to bottom, not a single cause to pin-point to and no traceability.

Recently saw a post on prominent share market personality purchasing a Safari and lauding Make In India. Wondering how TaMo would react if this was to happen to the famous personality. An ordinary middle-class citizen in our country has no protection of any sorts when something goes wrong.
IAmGroot is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 12:00   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmGroot View Post
This is losing woods for the trees. This seems more like the final inspection before it goes on sale from the factory or at the dealership. There is so much QC Auto companies probably do than just this.
bhaskaracs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 12:11   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
I have a TATA Safari Storme which has clocked above 3Lac kms as on date.
My service bills has crossed 28Lac rs till date with issues like a can of worms still in hand.
28 Lakhs!
I hope this is a typo, this is 10 rs/ km just for the maintenance. INSANE

Request you to share some more details. It would be an eye opener for prospective buyers who are considering TATA as their next purchase. While everyone appreciates TATA for being an Indian company and making one of the safest car in the market today, but a car has to deliver its primary purpose i.e. run reliably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Will never buy a Tata , unless they outsource their service to Toyota or Maruti
I am in the same camp. Made the mistake of putting my money on a TATA once (Indigo). Never again am I buying a TATA product.

Cheers
Vishwaa
vishwaschettri is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 12:17   #110
BHPian

The issue is more about the companies attitude than QC.

QC is a mixed ball game. Many people have had great experiences with their Tatas. Some may have had issues. In my humble opinion I am still ok with a mixed QC provided the company is super proactive in fixing things and making feel like a priority customer.

For a company like Tata which is just coming out from a perception that they don't have good service I would have expected them to have a lot of control on their dealerships and service arrangements.

I have heard about how Maruti maintains their control over dealerships.

That is Tata's achilees heel. They need to earn their customer's respect. And these are opportunities to do so. Hope they realise it and up their game.
deep_bang is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 12:21   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
This is losing woods for the trees. This seems more like the final inspection before it goes on sale from the factory or at the dealership. There is so much QC Auto companies probably do than just this.
Not claiming that QC is done on a piece of paper, and I am well aware there are many more systems in place for QA and QC. The piece of paper indicates, a fault was found and passed on to customer, be it by manufacturer or dealer. As an end customer I don't care where that fault came from. Customers should not be beta testers of a costly product like car.
IAmGroot is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 12:26   #112
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln View Post
I was supposed to meet them at 11 AM today, but the called right about I start and delayed the meeting to 12:30 PM. I am using this free time to write this post.
I Will Suggest not wasting time but immediately filing a suit in the District Consumer court. In case you have a district consumer forum you can opt for that, or even filing of the suit on the consumer court portal will suffice the issue - Tata's & Mahindra's are very low on Service centre backup.

Last edited by Turbanator : 16th February 2024 at 12:39. Reason: Quoted post trimmed. Spell - Please proofread before posting.
chetan5946 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 12:35   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
QC is a mixed ball game. Many people have had great experiences with their Tatas. Some may have had issues. In my humble opinion I am still ok with a mixed QC provided the company is super proactive in fixing things and making feel like a priority customer.
What you are describing sounds super expensive for a company to ignore QC issues and then go out of their way to fix things. I mean it would save the company money to just sort out their quality control in the first place so that they need not run behind as many customers trying fix things out of pocket later. It is so common to see new Tata vehicles with tail light issues and electronic gremlins sometimes I feel that the owners of these vehicles would be better off going for a flood damaged vehicle at auction since atleast that way they won't be paying as much to deal with all these issues

Last edited by IshaanIan : 16th February 2024 at 12:37.
IshaanIan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 12:48   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
What you are describing sounds super expensive for a company to ignore QC issues and then go out of their way to fix things.
I mean it would save the company money to just sort out their quality control in the first place
Of course, there is no doubt about it. But it's going to take time isn't it? QC issues can come from many places and it will take time to understand them and fix them and proactively recall other units out in the field that are affected.

What I described was about where Tata is now and how it can handle things. They can always shut down their factories, fix all QC issues right from design issues to manuf issues, and then restart. That's not going to be cheap either.

It looks like you misunderstood my point to suggest that servicing these issues later after sale is a solution. NO. This should be a stop gap arrangement to keep customer, else, even if they fix all the QC issues they will not have a customer. Call it damage control if you will - and it's expensive. BUT it will keep customers, it will also give them data on their major issues (which today is probably either never fixed or shoddily done).
deep_bang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 13:21   #115
BHPian

Dear SLN,
First file a complaint with the consumer forum for selling a defective product. You said your sister is a lawyer, so it will be easier for you. Secondly, don't settle for anything except a complete refund. The replacement car which they might give you can also be full of issues . Also, ask mods to help you to get in touch with Bhpian cityscramber. He knows the top people at Tata, so he might be able to help you out. And keep posting each and every ordeal on Twitter, Facebook and all other social media sites possible. Tag all the relevant authorities of Tata motors, along with auto magazines like Autocar, Overdrive. All these along with your post on Team BHP is bound to make Tata Motors sit up and take notice. It's just unacceptable for a car costing 30 lakhs to just be stripped down completely 2 days after delivery Hope you get a resolution soon.
On an unrelated note, I am thankful that my father did not pick up the Nexon when he was looking for a new car, though we liked it a lot. Use this opportunity to dissuade anyone from buying a Tata car in the future.
Mitadru is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 13:37   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln View Post
...My sister is a criminal lawyer and upon her suggestion and her consumer court contact's advice,....

The Job card is where I became more suspicious as the TR number, Address, Phone number, last visit to service center, KMs run are completely different and not seem to be by accident as well.
If you can dig deeper into this point you may well be onto something here. I feel you have been given a TD car since it is not a big seller. This is fraud by the dealer and cannot tie back to the OEM. If you can tie this back to OEM it can be a 1st of its kind where dealers malpractice is fully tied back to OEM and make them pay a bigger price for not having control over their dealers. Many people take the easier found way out when dealers come forward to settle the matter outside court thus taking away a bigger bill to the OEMs.

You do seem to have a ace card - your Sister/Lawyer/ by your side, just need to decide if you can wait out the judgement and the time and the loss arising out of all this.
svsantosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 14:06   #117
BHPian

Tata Motors will always keep their negative legacy alive. I used to vouch for them on this forum earlier, but having used their products and worked for their strategic teams as a vendor, I have realized the error of my ways.

The company is not interested in quality to be honest. The stock market rewards their management on volumes, and their recent successes are a sign that people trust them again, perhaps prematurely.

My suggestion is to get the vehicle back with all features working, and look at selling it for something more reliable down the line. The depreciation but will be significant but peace of mind is more important.

It is not that other products or brands don’t have niggles. The fact is that there are other companies that would be a lot more process oriented and ensure that failure modes are identified and mitigated before release, instead of waiting for customers to highlight issues.
Nissan1180 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 14:10   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Humbly disagree. I bought a Mahindra XUV500 in 2013
I think this is an important point.

Tata and Mahindra get lumped together in the same bracket but as far as I can tell from "anecdata" on the forum, Mahindra are miles ahead when it comes to QC. Even with the official reviews of new cars, Tatas consistently show more niggles and obvious signs of poor manufacturing.
McLaren Rulez is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 14:16   #119
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to see what he is facing but I have the 1st gen 2017 Tata Nexon. Havent changed even a screw on it. It has been a good experience
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyag View Post
This thread is an eye opener to all the people who think they are doing great things for India by buying from Indian Manufacturer, although I understand the patriotism, nationalism and all, in the end its your hard-earned money - so be vigilant while spending this much & choose wisely !
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 14:55   #120
BHPian

As far as I know that Tata’s top management continues to struggle with the engine and QC teams. Also focus is more to flood the market with multiple variants and vehicles rather then stringent quality and good after sales. We can all see frequent launches of products under beta testing for unsuspecting customers.

While company has transformed at broad level, old ways of working will take time to go in these areas as jobs are considered secured like “sarkari” here.

It’s shame, what else one can say.
FiatDiesel is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks