Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2024, 09:06   #256
BHPian

re: My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!

While this is a good news, it does leave a bad taste in the mouth. A few days back, the OP was asked to take back the repaired car as a resolution. At the same time this might have highlighted in the dealer's board meeting and citing one of the reasons for a spike in booking cancellations. There comes the sudden decison of full refund to mitigate further loss!

For those who are considering Tata, just note down the dealer's name and ensure that a proper PDI is done before you commit your hard earned money.

Last edited by ASP007 : 2nd March 2024 at 09:08.
ASP007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 09:29   #257
Senior - BHPian

re: My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln View Post

Resolved

I feel like I am just unlucky and I still believe this is a rare case and we shouldn't generalise it. This is also a proof that they are listening to the issues and ironing them out.
Before thinking that you are unlucky and that this is a rare case, please just search for thread titles with “Safari”, “Harrier”, “Nexon”, “Altroz” on our forum itself go through about 5 pages of results and see how many issues are reported (in the titles itself), then search for thread titles “Fortuner”, “Brezza”, etc. and again go through about 5 pages of results and tell me whether you still stand by your beliefs.

At the end of the day, you have got this resolution only due to this thread and nothing else nobody is listening nor are they ironing out any issues since I have not heard any qualified technician give you a valid reason for the issues you have faced and what they are doing to iron them out. All they are doing is reading posts like this and calculating when to give in that’s not very commendable as such.

All I can say is that you are lucky you took the time to start this thread, please consider a vehicle from a Japanese marque in future to make up for this troubled experience you have gone through.
IshaanIan is online now   (48) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 10:00   #258
BHPian

I am glad that finally it is resolved. This thread will remind all on the root cause of all such incidents that can happen in future for any brand and to any other BHPian.

I think this thread should discuss on the lemon laws in India going forward and what we can do to make it happen. OP was unfortunate to get a one in a million lemon car and all the other cars in the same batch are OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
I hope somebody at the top looks into the root cause and get the issue resolved. Just be patient.

The photos look frightening and I think that is the reason why they donot allow people to enter automobile workshops or operation theatres.

We are seeing too many of such incidents across all types of cars and in each case, the owners are showing the frustration in different ways on social media and it slowly dies out.

The need of the hour is lemon laws in India. There are thousands of the same batch and model on the road and only some unfortunate customers have to go through this because of lemon cars.

OEM have a huge budget and fleet of lawyers to fight customers to manage multi billion dollar companies and a single customer cannot fight them in any way.

I just googled and found the following link and hope some lawyer in this forum can throw more light on the same.

https://www.jlsrjournal.in/need-for-...y-niranjana-n/

Last edited by Mystic : 2nd March 2024 at 10:01.
Old 2nd March 2024, 10:02   #259
BHPian

I really want Tata to succeed and be the most valuable car maker in the country, Infact I want them to start expanding their foot print across the globe, however, all this is just wishful thinking until Tata focusses on

- Reliable and durable powerful Turbo Petrol cars
- Reliable and durable EVs
- Reliable and durable hybrids

See where I am going with this? The key word being 'reliable' and 'durable', Tata is currently riding high on excellent safety ratings of their cars and decent designs, but this can only take them so far, cars need to provide a trouble free ownership to the buyers (this is the only way a company can sustain volumes), hope they remember the days when they barely sold 10k cars (Vista/Manza Era)!

Tata can improve only if there is a change in the mind set starting from design to production to after sales, quality needs to be inculcated across all the departments, this may put some margin pressure in the near term, but will yield dividends eventually, I feel Tata simply needs to recruit folks across levels from Japanese manufacturers, a JV with Ford may help them and teach a thing or two about making decent cars!

Finally, it is heartening to see the money being refunded, but the case should have been handled better, it is not as if all Tata customers can post their issues on social media to get them resolved! Car dealerships in general (not specific to Tata) need to start handling customer cars better, these are high value items that are abused by ASS without any regard to the emotions many of us associate to their priced possessions! I have seen cars being mishandled by ASS more times I can count
abaliga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 10:38   #260
Senior - BHPian

I'm so happy for you, sir! There are 2 possibilities leading to this amicable solution you've been offered with:

1) Your relentless effort to ensure this reaches maximum coverage amongst the crowd. You showed immense patience despite claiming to be impatient, which I don't think so is the case. You held on to it. Trust me, I would've reacted quite indifferently! You deserve maximum credit here

2) Our community, mods & I believe Cityscrambler who mightve pushed this upwards to get to this point. Else, I don't think the personnel involved would've been available to discuss this early in the stage

I'm glad you've obtained this solution sir. It's nice of you to also state it shouldn't be generalized. But, it's quite evident none of the OEMs have any sort of strong influence over dealers. So as consumers; we should tread quite carefully. All the best for your next purchase.

I'm assuming Tata will buy back this lemon now and will do a fix ultimately pushing it into a used car market. People have to be cautious eitherways
gururajrv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 10:41   #261
BHPian

Quote:

Resolved

Hi all,

I am elated to give a Good news!!

…..

I would also like to thank Team BHP, fellow BHPians, my family and everyone, who supported me during this ordeal. Can't describe it in words.
Happy for you!! 3M rupees is lot of money and glad that you will get that back, I hope without any further troubles. I suggest you to trust this money with a reliable brand which has solid after sales support.

Credit goes to your patience and Team BHP like forum, without its support you won’t have received this outcome.

Big thumbs up to GTO and our moderators for this fantastic and unbiased well moderated community.

Last edited by FiatDiesel : 2nd March 2024 at 10:44.
FiatDiesel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 10:50   #262
BHPian

I am very happy that one of the BHP Family members is finally getting the huge problem solved. Yes, it could be some threat/cajoling by the dealer. But it does not matter. He is getting his money back. It should be acknowledged that TeamBHP is one of the (or the main) reason for this resolution. I wish there are similar unbiased powerful social media networks for Banking and electronic products reviews.
NagaBond is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 11:01   #263
BHPian

I'm glad you received a refund, but please don't blindly assume that your refund resulted solely from what you wrote; it appears to be more about the negative impact this thread had on their image.

I understand that if a dealer asks you to post something in exchange for a refund, many people would comply. Anyway, best of luck with your new purchase. Considering all your praise and your mention of it being a rare case, if those words are entirely your own, I think you should consider another safari from the same dealer and post about it. If not, please avoid misleading other buyers with overly polished language.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th March 2024 at 20:16. Reason: Toned down
raptor_diwan is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 11:12   #264
BHPian

Quote:

Resolved

After meeting with Mr. Vijay Bhasker Raju, the CEO of Select Cars, as a rare case they have agreed to refund the full amount of the car.

I feel like I am just unlucky and I still believe this is a rare case and we shouldn't generalise it.
Congratulations and it's very good to know that you got the resolution finally.

But I get the feeling that if both Tata and you truly believe that it's a rare case of bad quality car in your case, they should be offering you a new perfect replacement car and you should be glad to accept that; not just a refund of Your Own Money after this much trouble and making you publish statements about your own bad luck in return.
nreddy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 11:33   #265
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
I'm glad you received a refund, but please don't blindly assume that your refund resulted solely from what you wrote; it appears to be more about the negative impact this thread had on their image.
Guys let us be empathetic to the OP. Any deal will have some give and takes. We should commend the openness of sln for providing the full details rather than posting something and running away with out details of final deal like happened in many such threads.

If you 30L is stuck you will have to make some compromises. Let us be happy for the OP and appreciate his fight.
Given the circumstances, even refund is a good compromise by the dealer.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th March 2024 at 20:18. Reason: Quoted post edited
poloman is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 11:35   #266
BHPian

Glad to know that resolution has been offered.

However, keen to understand whether the dealership is bearing the full replacement/refund burden or is it backed by Tata as well. Generally such refunds/replacement process from OEM is extremely rare and hard to come by.

The vehicle in question will however be repaired and sold off eventually by the dealer as a pre-owned vehicle to extract some of the loss.
Motormania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 11:44   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Resolved

----
So happy to hear your ordeal has come to an end. But it has made me to take 2 decisions.
- Will never own a Tata or any car from its associate
- Will never ever recommended this brand to anyone who asks for brand suggestions.
volkman10 is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 11:48   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Let us appreciate that the OP gave a full closure of the case to us. I think many times such resolutions provided by the manufacturer or dealer have clauses for confidentiality for which the OP could have just posted that a resolution have been reached and nothing more.
saket77 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 11:54   #269

Very happy for you. Glad you got a resolution in your favour.

Can only imagine what you went through over the past month. Looking the car like that, I would have cried and gone on exile.

I am also glad that the post in the forum made enough noise and I am super proud of its supportive members trying to give inputs, and contacts.

If I had endured this, I wouldn't touch a vehicle from that manufacturer with a ten foot pole. But your resolution post somehow sounds otherwise. Like other members, I too have my skepticism around its genuinity.

Agree that there are folks at the dealers-end or OEM-end that genuinely want to help you, but are tied because of corporate hierarchy. But the post seems to be giving them more credit than they deserve.

All said, I really hope you aren't scarred for life, and you get to truly embrace the joy of getting a new toy without worry - soon. Cheers!
vj196 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 12:01   #270
BHPian

Sir, It is good that you have been able to receive the news of a refund. The combined voice of Team-BHP and the prayers of many have resulted in this. Hope you have a better buying experience in your in next purchase. Good luck.
Regards, Balaji
Bsimhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks