Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2024, 20:51   #166
BHPian

re: My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
But sadly Pratap Bose moved to Mahindra. That is when TAMO decided to paste a glowing TATA logo screen in the middle of the steering wheel and connected DRLs (tube lights) wrapped around the car.
On the contrary - the post Bose era cars from Tata have all been stunning and far ahead of competitors when it comes to design and aesthetics

Last edited by Sandegov : 21st February 2024 at 20:53.
Sandegov is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 21:38   #167
sln

re: My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
@SLN, any update on the matter post your Monday meeting with the Tata folks? We are eagerly waiting for a favorable outcome.

The talks weren't with Tata folks but the dealer folks. I haven't met a single person from Tata yet.
There is no outcome yet and it isn't a positive experience as I have hoped for. Things are going hard for me and my family as well. Its a roller coaster of emotions for us,

I know many people here want to hear a favorable outcome, because most of us here are Tata fanboys including myself.
Please don't give up on Tata, my case could be a one in a million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityscrambler View Post
If you cannot get help even after these steps please reach out to me
@cityscrambler Thanks for sharing your email, I feel bad that your inbox may be flooded.

I have mailed you today morning around 10 AM. I hope it didn't go to spam or blocked by a firewall.

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd February 2024 at 17:20.
sln is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 21:44   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Tata have all been stunning and far ahead of competitors when it comes to design and aesthetics
That's quite a debatable topic I would say. When it comes to design it becomes a personal choice.

However there is another interesting thread ongoing for "Modern car trends that you find aesthetically unappealing". I felt many of the discussed trends matches with TAMOs current design philosophy.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5722694 (Modern car trends that you find aesthetically unappealing)

I have to admit that I was a fan of Louella Rebello's 'Reclaim your life' ads and the old school Storme or DiCOR design. But they don't make them like that anymore
OpenRoads is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 22:53   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln View Post

@cityscrambler Thanks for sharing your email, I feel bad that your inbox may be flooded.

I have mailed you today morning around 10 AM. I hope it didn't go to spam or blocked by a firewall.
Received. I have sent it across to some executives and will try and follow up
cityscrambler is offline   (69) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 15:20   #170
BHPian

Quote:

I know many people here want to hear a favorable outcome, because most of us here are Tata fanboys including myself.
Please don't give up on Tata, my case could be a one in a million.

Have to admire your positive outlook. Fact is, at this price point, what TATA offers is value for money. The downside is unreliability and inconsistency. They really need to up their game. Hopefully, your issues will be sorted out and you enjoy miles of happiness. Finished almost 80,000 kms in my 2021 Safari and can tell you that once the beast is up and running, these bad times will be a distant memory.
Neil Roy is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 20:13   #171
BHPian

This is horror. Wish you a favorable and speedy outcome.

In my opinion, Tata was much more reliable before 2020. They had all the time in the world to patiently listen to customers and solve them - they had to deal with very less number of cars on a daily basis. And whatever customer base they served had to be protected. Nowadays all the TATA ASS centers are crowded and they have no time to listen to even major complaints. I have a Tata Hexa from 2017 and recently a service assistant informed me that Hexa's boot and hood struts are no more available from Tata and he simply refused to even talk further on it. After hearing all these and seeing the OP's experience on a brand new car, why would I even think about owning another Tata car in future?!

I have helped many of my friends take Tata cars because of my close acquaintance with dealership management. And yet I have no hope/wish of owning a Tata car in future.
vinodvayyat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 23:07   #172
BHPian

While we all want Tata to succeed but there are way too many point of failures to ruin the ownership story of a Tata vehicle. And it starts right from vehicle rolling out of assembly line through QC followed up by PDIs, delivery, and after sales.

How the experience will hold through entire period of ownership of 10-15 years depends on maturity of the process and accountability which is completely missing as seen in this case.

Thanks to cityscrambler that he is taking the initiative to help through his contacts but at the same time folks in TaMo should introspect why help is getting channelised through public forum rather then legitimate means for owner of flagship product worth Rs 3 Million for issues encountered within few days of ownership.

I feel pain and emotions of a normal family who have bought their dream car after spending the fortune which is now being ripped apart by dealer within few days of ownership . And there helplessness in this situation as no one is taking accountability to resolve it. Or probably TaMo’s customers pulse sensor have malfunctioned.

Whenever I hear new initiatives from TaMo, like new showrooms for EVs etc, all these stories make them look farce.

How can be someone “Vocal for local” for them?

Last edited by FiatDiesel : 22nd February 2024 at 23:20.
FiatDiesel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 23:08   #173
BHPian

Found this article which may be relevant to this thread.

https://www.livelaw.in/consumer-case...pection-250036

I think taking the legal route would be your last option if everything else fails. It's high time we enact a pro consumer law for India.
Carpainter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 23:08   #174

Feeling sorry for you man. Hope everything works out for you. Wonder why Tata is not taking action to fix their quality issues. They will find soon enough 5 star rating is not enough to sustain.

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd February 2024 at 23:15.
lastdragon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 23:09   #175
BHPian

Such a disappointing response by Tata. Having dealt with Tata staff in the past(sorry to generalize) it felt government staff are better atleast in my experience. Thought it was my one off experience but seems it's the same especially now in TaMo.

Hope you get things sorted out soon.

Remember a Sikh businessman youtuber who was sent a notice by TaMo to his office address in HongKong instead of solving issues with his car for uploading videos on YouTube. Sorry could not find that video in YouTube it has since been removed.

Last edited by pandabear : 22nd February 2024 at 23:15.
pandabear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 23:18   #176

Feeling sorry to read about the pain the customer is going through and the fate of a newly delivered high-end SUV.

Reliability of a vehicle has greatly improved in the past forty odd years. A car just doesn't stop in the middle of the road anymore. I feel this is the best thing that has happened to automobiles. A car however beautiful it may be, however powerful it's engine maybe, what all features it may boast, however top notch brand it may originate from, but if it comes with niggles or be unreliable on the road, then it negates all the other positive attributes. Be it a buyer of a small hatchback car or an expensive premium segment car the feeling is the same. It is something non-negotiable.

A car goes through a lot, in between a roll out (after QC) from an assembly line and the delivery to a customer at a showroom. Hence a PDI is there to take care and bestow the best confidence to the delivery customer. But of late PDI has become such an important event, so much so that it is also being outsourced from the customer end. Despite all of this, the sad part is that there are escapes. What follows this is the ordeal what the customer endures through for having taken the delivery of the car.

In this case, I feel the customer should be promptly replaced with a new SUV, if the customer obliges, else there should be a total refund. This is the only way Tata can save grace in this incident.

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd February 2024 at 17:25. Reason: Spacing edits.
Vinturbo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 00:59   #177

We bought a Safari accomplished just 1 week back. Car seems solidly built, no electronics issues so far. Did a proper PDI and got minor nick nacks rectified. Car was pretty dirty inside with dirt marks on seats and upholstery when we went for PDI.

So far the car seems to be running smoothly. After going through this post, I am slightly worried. I read somewhere in this thread about a checklist for Safari PDI. Can someone be kind enough to share a link for the same.

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th February 2024 at 09:22. Reason: Poorly written post. Please use caps wherever needed and also proof read for typos. Thank you.
freelancer6202 is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 23rd February 2024, 10:58   #178
BHPian

Quote:

I was contacted by the Tata Motors customer care manager and also by a legal front person after seeing this post. I will explain in detail all the interactions separate comment. But to cut it short, there is no assurance from any one. They are even finding it hard to even consider the issue for a car replacement. They are trying to leave me with the only option of taking the repaired defective car as if there is no option with them to even raise a complaint for a car replacement.
Crude and an Honest opinion.

Bluntly ask TAMO and the Dealer to refund 20-30% of the amount of the Car paid by you and you take the repaired car back. Be specific and take a refund in cash (cheque/bank transfer). They might try to sell some goodies but refuse such temptation outright. The more you can get, the better.

Use the car for some time and sell it for a lower value or sell the car immediately for a lower value. You can try to discount the car for the value you take from TAMO/Dealer and mitigate loss.

Waiting for TAMO or the Dealer to replace the car is worthless and stressful. Buy a good and sound car and forget this as a bad chapter of your life. Waiting for the courts to give justice is genuinely not worth it.

Last edited by Gamemaztr : 23rd February 2024 at 11:00. Reason: Added something relevant.
Gamemaztr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 18:50   #179
BHPian

Dear SLN,

My heart goes out about the car trouble you're dealing with, and I'm really sorry to hear that. It's frustrating when things don't go as planned, especially with something as important as a car. Hopefully, TAMO will sort it out quickly and get you back on the road hassle-free.

Hang in there, and keep us posted.
amit_shimla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 21:12   #180
BHPian

This is outright cheating. I would not waste a single day now and send legal notice. Do not allow this to fade . it’s best when it’s fresh.

Send notice to Tata as well as dealer for replacement in 10 days or face legal action.

You certainly do not deserve this treatment for choosing TATA.
Satkaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks