Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2024, 14:59   #121
BHPian

re: My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!

A good product is one that is in the market for at least 01 year so that all QC rough edges are fixed.

With due respect, concern and empathy to the forum member who went through the above harrowing experience - such early adopters (buying after a launch) carry a burden on behalf of an entire ecosystem comprising of buyers, sellers and suppliers. Due to their suffering, buyers make more objective choices, and sellers (and suppliers) will know what to fix in the product (or part).
bhaskaracs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 17:49   #122
BHPian

re: My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!

The quality of TATA cars is atrocious to say the least. Yes they make some beautiful cars, especially true for their latest design language, which is absolutely gorgeous. But at what costs!! I was considering Safari a month back, but the constant reports of software glitches kept me away. But at the end of the day, software glitches are only mildly infuriating. This incident, however, is when you turn into John Wick. This is insane. I have lost major respect for Tata as a brand. I hope incidents like these reflected in their share prices (which has been a rocket lately), thats the only thing they care about at the end of the day.

Cases like these highlight the importance of a watchdog for the industry. There is none. We know for a fact that Tata cars are not built for those seeking reliability. But this fact needs to be reported so the average Joe knows what he/she's getting into.

Come to think of it, we are a major community in the Indian auto space. We should do something about it. Some form of petition?
amitverma is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 17:59   #123
BHPian

The company employs temporary workers and keeps them engaged in a temporary position for years. There were two recent cases in two different high courts and they were forced to make these employees permanent. On top of that, most of the work is actually done by contract laborers. What quality and dedication would you expect from contract laborers or employees who themselves have a sword hanging over their heads all the time?

The vendors steal from the company, the senior management has side deals going on with vendors and get kickbacks in lieu of supplying inferior products and parts etc.

The name Tata seems to be just a marketing stunt to pass off shody products and customer care. It looks like a lot of the good reputation comes because of the charity work done by tata son's, but as a company, they are worse then government agencies.
Zippy_wheels is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 18:21   #124
BHPian

Mr. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is a member here. Hope he can help take up your case with Tata Motors.
May you get the strength and patience to handle this till the end.

Note from Mod:
If someone who has signed up to be a member of this forum in their personal capacity wishes to help for company issues like this, they can offer so themselves. However, as BHPians let's avoid pointing all other users to that person for help.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd February 2024 at 12:37. Reason: Please see note in post.
115 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 19:08   #125
BHPian

If there is one thing I wish people stop doing in team-bhp threads, it is to come to a thread where OP is facing a huge challenge and type "My car is perfectly fine, there is no problem". This thread is not about your car. What good will OP get by hearing your happy stories? When you have nothing good to say, it is better to keep quiet, please.

Hope OP gets this to resolution quickly.
RaghuVis is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 19:48   #126
BHPian

Really disconcerting. I can understand that firebrand-in-stomach kind of situation you are in. My friend, who has a Tata Harrier, has to often wake up the Head Unit by banging it at a particular angle, with a given amount of force, using the ball of his thumb. He is the only person in his family who can do this. AI at its best?
TopLiveCentre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 20:22   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln View Post

Request everything in writing and have proofs everywhere.

Later I got a call to attend a face to face meeting. Hoping for a positive review.

Letter I wrote
I hope when you write an email to the GM, you are adding cac@tatamotors in Cc. If not please do so immediately. Also ensure that GM is aware that you are forwarding this to cac. Tata does not have a lot of control over their dealers, but whatever little they have, is only via this mail.
puneetakhouri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 20:27   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post
I was actually seriously considering the new Safari and even canceled my XUV700 booking. Infact, 2 other friends and I were going to book 3 Safari top ends this weekend. I have just shared this thread with them and we have collectively decided consider the Tuscon or XUV700 instead.
I think this is the real impact. They are losing customers everyday they delay to resolve existing issue. 2 day old car going through all this will definitely turn away customers who come across this story. I was inclined towards Altroz, didn't buy it when I came across several issues with the brand in 2022
s.sriram1989@gm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 22:38   #129
Senior - BHPian

I sincerely feel for this gentleman. Bereavement is what comes to mind, seeing the sorry state a brand new car (lemon) has been stripped down to is sheer mental agony beyond anyone's rhetoric consolation. As much as TATA is focused on bringing in a variant every other week, it's high-time their QA, quality stacks it up to nick.

All that engineering prowess from JLR, all that great minds designing a solid vehicle doesn't actually transpire if the entire chain is driven by one weak link. A chain is as strong as its weak link is an analogy that comes to my mind as with TATA it starts with its abysmal overloaded, understaffed and under-trained service staffs. TATA has been in the media for all the wrong reasons, first being a rust bucket, extremely abysmal assembly line QA and poor quality parts. Emotions ran high when TATA purchased Ford's state of the art plant for peanuts. TATA and Mahindra should learn from FORD on how exceptional their service is post their dissolution from the Indian market. Off-late, I've been observing, used FORD cars are starting to garner quite a stir in the used car market and the pace at which the demand is garnering is simply surprising, all this after FORD quit. Talks more about their service and spare back-up.

After all, FORD was right, TATA still doesn't know how to make reliable cars, even with SoA FORD's plant at their disposal. Simply sad!

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 00:34   #130
BHPian

I hope Tata reads this post. Just today we were comtemplating replacing our VW Jetta (listed in the T-BHP classified as well) with a SUV and were shortlisting the Tata Safari. I was putting a strong case against it considering the horror stories and Tata dealers taking customers for a ride and the company looking the other way. I always believed TATA cars were half baked products. Some in my family were in love with the looks and actually debated that they will figure if any niggles do arise. I will now show this thread and rest my case.

Tata you just made me win an arguement. Keep your cars to yourself until you mature.
SN88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 05:38   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN88 View Post
I hope Tata reads this post. Just today we were comtemplating replacing our VW Jetta (listed in the T-BHP classified as well) with a SUV and were shortlisting the Tata Safari.

Tata you just made me win an arguement. Keep your cars to yourself until you mature.
Same here as well. My uncle is a huge fan of Harrier but now we are booking a Seltos. Getting a Nov 2023 model at a good discount.

I do not understand what is their loss, to get it fixed fully and allocate as a Demo car. Anyway they must already be having specific budget for demo car. Also will give them a Trusted brand image.

Remember from one of the threads that Tbhpian working for Ratan sir. Maybe he can take this to his notice.
Ananthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 08:21   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I I told him to raise my complaint to the higher ups in Tata Motors and his dealer showroom. But they don't seem to be budging.
Dear SLN,

Having been through this post, it clearly seems to be a case dealer mischief. Either, they sold you a vehicle that was used as a test car or invoiced to someone else and returned before registration.

Either ways, have you contacted any higher officials at Tata directly, and not through the dealer? Dealers will claim lots of things but chances are the company officials are unaware of this matter. Don't take the dealer's word on this.

Can the moderators or senior members point SLN to a senior person at Tata and escalate the matter? Email or phone number, any direct methods.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 08:43   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please support us by any means possible. Your feedback and advices are the most welcome. Thank you.
Just as Tata Motors convinces a significant portion of the automobile market that their quality & safety has improved and their cars are really worth buying, this news emerges. Many bhp-ians have voiced their reluctance to buy this brand anytime soon, and I totally echo their sentiments, with the hope that Tata Motors takes note of this discussion.

I won't buy any Tata vehicle at least in the near future. I still need convincing that their cars can operate without issues. I've heard several horror stories about the initial batch of Nexon EV units, and news like this only strengthens my skepticism.

However, I look forward to seeing a post by the OP stating that Tata Motors has agreed to replace his Safari with a brand new one.
clevermax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 09:16   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma View Post
Come to think of it, we are a major community in the Indian auto space. We should do something about it. Some form of petition?
I agree that such poor reliability ought to be brought to light especially in a country like ours where consumer protection laws simply aren’t strong enough.

Perhaps one easy method would be to update every official review thread on our forum with two sets of numbers; one being the number of members on our forum who own the vehicle and the other being the number of threads reporting issues with the vehicle. Ofcourse these numbers would not be the best representation as many members might not make their ownership of any particular vehicle public knowledge, and many may not have the time to jot down their issues with a vehicle on this forum but I feel just posting a constantly updated set of those two numbers without attaching any opinions or judgement, would benefit not just the average Joe but even members of our community possibly saving them from a sour experience.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 17th February 2024 at 09:18.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 09:18   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
A good product is one that is in the market for at least 01 year so that all QC rough edges are fixed.

This is not a new product. It is a facelift of a model that has been in the markets since 2021. There are no pioneer buyers. Pioneers were those who brought Indica, original Safari etc. so the brand has no excuse. The platform itself has been there since Harrier.

As a PV manufacturer Tata is no longer a newbie. All these quality processes are well documented. They don't need to reinvent the wheel. Just use the damn wheel. Anyway all the tech and knowhow is lifted from JLR. Looks like they lifted JLRs dodgy quality processes too.

Anyway with the kind of sales run they are on fixing quality is next to impossible. They may be prepared for this acceptable risk in the quest for marketshare and profit.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks