Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2024, 22:17   #181
BHPian

re: My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!

I am really surprised how tata management intends to continue with such bad press coming their way, all for the cost of 1 car. This is a very genuine case which they should honour. I said this in an earlier post too that Kia did a fab job in replacing the whole car for a windshield issue.
Rodie09 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 00:01   #182
BHPian

re: My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!

We were planning to replace one of our cars with a Tata product. Car was decided, the old car price was evaluated, test rides were taken, deal was finalized and were about to book/take the car. However, as started in my last post, after reading this post, we shifted to look at other option. I could see such gruesome experiences will leave a dent on Tata motors in future forsure. And since then, in last couple of weeks, I'm also observing the sheer frustration from the owners on social media forums about such issues which comes intrinsic with these cars. If they cannot set a right example, especially such cases, where a new buyer is a victim of poor QC/QA/dealership etc, they won't be able to sustain in this competitive market. Also, other manufacturers are now taking safety as a priority, so TML, you better listen or else, be ready to experience a slowdown ride.

Last edited by DivyanshuDiv : 24th February 2024 at 00:04.
DivyanshuDiv is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 15:27   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln View Post

The talks weren't with Tata folks but the dealer folks. I haven't met a single person from Tata yet.
There is no outcome yet and it isn't a positive experience as I have hoped for. Things are going hard for me and my family as well. Its a roller coaster of emotions for us,

I know many people here want to hear a favorable outcome, because most of us here are Tata fanboys including myself.
Please don't give up on Tata, my case could be a one in a million.
Any update on the situation? Did you manage to get to meet/speak with Tata officials? Any signs of this settling?
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 21:19   #184
BHPian

Quote:
:
1. So much of goodwill even after such a harrowing experience. If Tata Motors has an ounce of common sense, it would settle your case on priority and compensate you for the trouble caused.
2. The irony is that most of us (including non customers) would sincerely like Tata Motors to flourish. Maybe it's the Ratan Tata factor. However, such treatment of customers doesn't help the cause. Had the Company acted positively, it would have gained many times more in quantifiable AND non quantifiable ways due to the accolades that would have come their way.
3. I sincerely hope and pray that this goes in your favour. I think it's a huge plus that we have @cityscrambler onboard and alive to the developments. Maybe the dealer and others who are hand in glove are trying their best to cover up the misdeeds. The case just needs to reach the right people
Rakkum13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 13:10   #185
BHPian

There are a couple of things that don't make sense in this story. Why and how on earth did the dealership decide to strip down the entire car for the electronics issue is the first and most important question in my view.

Leaving aside the fact that a brand new car will never be able to get back to its original state in this case, stripping down and re-assembling the car is a lot of work, and someone has to foot the bill for the work. In this case, since the car is under warranty, it is the factory that will likely foot the bill for the job. There must be a workflow internally which should stipulate that the dealership should reach out to the factory and agree on a way forward before they can actually even do this. It should be the folks in the factory/product management that should indicate the steps needed to diagnose and rectify this problem.

This episode shows to me that Tata Motors either has no control over how its dealerships operate, or that they don't a have good product management function within the organization. Deeply troubling in either case, to go along with the obvious QC problems that led to this situation in the first place.
schumi_pete is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 08:38   #186
BHPian

Quote:
The Job card is where I became more suspicious as the TR number, Address, Phone number, last visit to service center, KMs run are completely different and not seem to be by accident as well. Before I made a complaint with Tata Motors customer care number. I received the sms confirmation along with TR number. When I checked with that it's same as in the job card, not mine. I had IRA app installed, there also everything is not mine its some one else's. I took all the screen shots as they can be changed later.
Select Cars, Chandanagar seems to be a regular in billing malpractices. A BHPian faced difficulties in getting his Punch's first service done due to that - Link (Tata Punch Review)

Quoting from that post -
Quote:
We bought Punch AMT in October 1st week and it was billed with all required documentation, insurance n temporary RTA documents shared.

To my surprise, when I visited for the 1st service in December at another service center (Venkataramana), they refused initially mentioning that I am late for 1st service by 45 days. When confronted, they mentioned that sale date on Tata shows as Aug 31st and they count it from that day.
gischethans is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 13:44   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumi_pete View Post
There are a couple of things that don't make sense in this story. Why and how on earth did the dealership decide to strip down the entire car for the electronics issue is the first and most important question in my view..
Not sure if i may be accurate here, but after following this thread closely, i suspect that the dealership has understood that there is an unintended shorting of an electrical wire. They opened up one part to understand it (probably the diagnostic computer did not help in pinpointing the same), then opened another and so on and so forth.

After opening up all the trims, looks like they haven't yet concluded where the wiring harness is compromised or shorted which is what is happening now.
SAE40 in veins is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 09:25   #188
BHPian

Hi @sln,

Any further developments in the ordeal? Did Tata officials try making contact with you for a plausible solution with timeline? Many of us are eager to know because we consider the updated Harrier/Safari to be one of the aesthetically pleasing and value for money vehicles in their respective class.

If manufacturers are also flipping their hands, supporting rogue dealers like this then sooner or later they'll pay the price.
Old 28th February 2024, 10:51   #189

Quote:
:
I know many people here want to hear a favorable outcome, because most of us here are Tata fanboys including myself.
Hats off to your positive view, I really hope that you get the feedback you really deserve. I'm checking this forum everyday hoping for a positive news.

I can fully understand the situation you and family going through right now. My Harrier broke down during trip back home at just 3500Kms on a highways (just one month after delivery) due to a part failure. Inputs from T-Bhp helped me contact the CRM (Bangalore region) and I got my car fixed and delivered within a weeks time. Though I have crossed 8k mark and second service done without any issues so far, somewhere deep inside I'm still haunted by that break down.
asr_b500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 15:14   #190
sln

Another break down of Tata Safari.. similar wiring issue.

https://twitter.com/MUpwanshi/status...13538461585510

Update:
I am being forced to take the car without any option of replacement and refund. I will be taking the car soon. I will put more updates. Thank you.

Last edited by sln : 28th February 2024 at 15:33. Reason: Status of update.
sln is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 15:20   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Update:
I am being forced to take the car without any option of replacement and refund.
Has the car been rectified? What's the status on that? Why are you not dragging them to consumer court yet?
handsofsteel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 16:45   #192
BHPian

Quote:

Update:
I am being forced to take the car without any option of replacement and refund. I will be taking the car soon. I will put more updates. Thank you.
Over the next few years, this decision is going to cost Tata Motors a few thousand cars of lost sales (across their entire passenger car portfolio).
(Two from my side, in the next 2 year horizon)

I'll stick my neck out and even call this probably the most expensive bad decision in recent automotive history.
Unbelievable.

cheers
lazy
lazy is offline   (63) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 17:28   #193

sln, Sorry to hear about the ordeal that you are going through. Tata should have just replaced the car as a good gesture.

I was looking at Tata Safari Pure Plus AT or XUV 700 AX5 D AT as next upgrade but after reading through this thread, dropping my plan.
sanket456 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 17:47   #194

Quote:
Update:
That is atrocious!! Not owning the problem but putting the blame and further headache on the customer.
Do get some legal opinions on this; get whatever you can as additional freebies / warranties. Also, do put your points forth and get them officially signed so that you have valid proof for any further issues.
Sincerely hope this would be the last problem on your car. Hoping for million happy kms.

Last edited by KarthikK : 28th February 2024 at 17:49. Reason: Fixed the broken quote tags
Prash1407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 17:57   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Over the next few years, this decision is going to cost Tata Motors a few thousand cars of lost sales (across their entire passenger car portfolio).
(Two from my side, in the next 2 year horizon)

I'll stick my neck out and even call this probably the most expensive bad decision in recent automotive history.
Unbelievable.

cheers
lazy
Count me in!

I was anyway very skeptical about TATA cars and 'this' incident with fellow BHPian sln was final nail in the coffin.

As a matter of fact , the moment I hear anyone telling me that he / she is interested in a TATA car I simply forward the link to this post.

Aside @sln - Really sorry mate to hear about your ordeal. No one , absolutely no one should go through this , no matter the price of the car. Period.

I hope you get the best solution to your problem and also hope that TATA Motors learns this the hard way.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 28th February 2024 at 18:02.
ashvek3141 is offline   (24) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks