Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2007, 02:08   #46
BHPian

They are saying after the Jan Auto Expo where they are unveiling the car.
Old 24th November 2007, 08:54   #47
BHPian

Dont want to spoil the fun - I saw a white new C class in Seoul, South Korea on my way to my office. May be it was not well maintained / dirty. The headlamps were not at all impressive and looked like an after thought. The rear reminded me of first version of NHC. The car does not ooze presence like it senior sibling - S class.
Old 25th November 2007, 22:13   #48
Senior - BHPian

What's the point with these new car releases?.Who are Indians trying to impress anyways?.That Indians are made to pay twice as much for the same new car that their conterparts in the civilized world pay is downright shameful.That Indians seems to put up with this condition is even more shocking.You are being had.
Old 26th November 2007, 10:44   #49
BHPian

Hey guys,

any final confirmation on what date the new C would be launched?

Thanks
Old 26th November 2007, 12:30   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
What's the point with these new car releases?.Who are Indians trying to impress anyways?.That Indians are made to pay twice as much for the same new car that their conterparts in the civilized world pay is downright shameful.That Indians seems to put up with this condition is even more shocking.You are being had.
Atleast we're paying 2ce for the latest models.
Old 28th November 2007, 18:33   #51
BHPian

I found out about the new C from Sundaram Motors, Bangalore. They are expecting it in January and brochures will be ready by December end. Moreover, they currently even have the service manual of the new C

Looking at the Internation reviews, the new model is beautiful. Everyone from the NY-Times to the Wash-Post are writing rave reviews about it.

Looking forward to it!. Might be booking it in December end.
Old 28th November 2007, 20:44   #52
Senior - BHPian

Dude...I'd say drive it, or, at VERY LEAST, see it in the metal before you order one!
Old 28th November 2007, 20:57   #53
BHPian

Ya will surely see it. They are expecting test cars earlier than the launch.

Check out this video

Old 28th November 2007, 21:04   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Dude...I'd say drive it, or, at VERY LEAST, see it in the metal before you order one!
yeah, do that.
I can see a new C-class every other day here and the sad part about this car is that it can be mistaken as something else.
You would never want to spend your hard earned 30L to buy a merc and people telling, hey look that is a Honda or Mitsubishi, would you?

There is no other merc or bmw or audi which will be mistaken as something else like this new C. :(
Old 28th November 2007, 21:51   #55
BHPian

These are the Facts!!!

There seem's to be a lot of confusion here about the new C class.Well first of all the launch date is the 23rd of January at Grand Hyatt.Regarding the engines variants,initially there would be the same two engines as the existing C class,that is the C 200k and the C 220 CDI but both would be more powerful.Regarding the prices,the new car would be priced 1.50 lacs more than the existing cost.Regarding the existing C classes,there are just a couple of C 200k's left with some of the dealers.Discounts are 1.50L if you take finance it would be more.
Later on in the month of October the C 230 would be launched.It would come in the Avantgarde trim.The first of its kind,complete with AMG fittings and a engine to die for.This would be the model that would sport the Mercedes Benz logo on the front grill and not on the bonnet.Dealerships have taken close to 60 bookings each already.
Also GTO one of the engines is the same in the existing C class and the E class thats the C 200K and the E 200 K.They both are similar powered.
Old 28th November 2007, 22:37   #56
BHPian

@diesel_headrock: Thanks for the info!! I also found out that the benz logo grill can be put on the normal C for about 15k

@RakishRam: ya the looks can be confusing. Gotta see it in person and then decide. But I have read about 10-15 reviews by top international auto mags, and they all seem to love it.
Old 8th December 2007, 12:36   #57
BHPian

bumping. Any news on the new C yet?
Old 8th December 2007, 14:44   #58
BHPian

I'd been told by a dealer that delivery of the new C class will commence by mid Feb or early March.But on the contrary when i asked him about the bookings he said that they havent started taking it yet.So i suspect the arrival of the car on the roads might get delayed beyond March.Also new engine choices are being speculated.Although he mentioned the 320 cdi,i think it'll get too expensive for a C.It could be the 280 cdi instead n it'll be a great one.
Old 8th December 2007, 17:02   #59
Senior - BHPian

The new C-class is already here.Expect the launch anytime soon.Just 10 mins back i saw a white C200K in elegance trim,looks very good and contrary to views the rear looks very nice indeed.It had red temp registration plates and the people sitting inside looked like the sales guys.I think it went for a demo,but i'm not sure.No Pics i was on my bike and i dont carry a cam.

I live in Vasai just outside of Mumbai.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 8th December 2007 at 17:07.
Old 8th December 2007, 19:16   #60
Senior - BHPian

The reviews I've read and seen are raving about this model.
Mercedes seems to have taken special interest and focused real hard on making this successful.
Id definitely recommend this to anyone with a similar budget.
PS: I'll still always be a BMW fan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks