Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2007, 15:20   #166
Senior - BHPian

I thought Rtech`s post would stop all this but dayyyyum!

Ok let me try to put it to rest....

NHC - for those who want the `H` logo ,fuel efficiency,class and peace of mind. (read the next few lines before debating this)

Its not for enthusiasts ,you canget better VFM from other cars in this segment and its not easy on the eyes.
There i`v said it. Can we please stop this debate/bashing now ?

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 15th September 2007 at 15:23.
Old 15th September 2007, 21:47   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
NHC - for those who want the `H` logo ,fuel efficiency,class and peace of mind. (read the next few lines before debating this
Whats with the class?

Quote:
We all know how the Swift VDi has almost killed Zxi sales
I beg to differ. Its not VDi which killed the Zxi's sales, it MUL which killed it, i wanted to buy a diesel car for high running, no matter what i wanted a diesel. However the Airbags tempted me to go for the Zxi and i drove the petrol Swift, it was very sluggish, lacked torque and was not FTD at all, so i settled for VDi with ABS. Had there been a ZDi, i would have surely gone for that.

Quote:
guys i hv just bought one gxi last week... so did i loose much of it...
Not much, the new GXi just has fogs more.
Old 15th September 2007, 21:51   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Btw, just happened to see the NHC "Plus" TV ad. They're advertizing it as an ecological masterpiece, with the 'H" logo. I wouldnt be surprised if the masses come and sign up in a 6 month waiting list.
Old 15th September 2007, 23:55   #169
Senior - BHPian

The add is weird... do they mean to say buy the NHC and get a car full of bugs .
Old 16th September 2007, 00:31   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whats with the class?
Sigh...please read the lines iv written carefully ,specially the one in bold ,its not a biased post towards the NHC....i have also mentioned the cons but you just HAD to point out something na.
Cant i write some positive things about this car without your approval ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post

NHC - for those who want the `H` logo ,fuel efficiency,class and peace of mind. (read the next few lines before debating this)

Its not for enthusiasts ,you can get better VFM from other cars in this segment and its not easy on the eyes.
There i`v said it. Can we please stop this debate/bashing now ?

Continue the bashing...Iv had enough ,am outta here.
Old 16th September 2007, 00:36   #171
Senior - BHPian

faithless, there is no bashing what so ever, the truth is the truth and the truth is bitter, while i agree the car has good FE under restrained speeds and the H logo has alot of value, the resale is fantastic and the plastics are of good quality and there is emence peace of mind but i didnot understand what you meant by class, hence i asked it, not pint pointing here, no offense buddy, BTW your Santro looks smashing
Old 16th September 2007, 01:29   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I won't be surprised if the so called Ikon you happily thought couldn't get pass your car was in fact the Flair edition 1.3 L engine...
Very likely. Unless that Honda was on a jet fuel diet.

The NHC is a good car for some, not-so-good for others. Hence, I vote for the OHC!
Old 17th September 2007, 09:54   #173
BHPian

Honda CEO in an inerview to CNBC tv 18 vocied that 2.2 liter diesel 140 bhp is ht ewonly diesel engine they ..whch come son jazz i guess in europe and theyr considering it for bigger cars... he also said that diesel engines r not comapct, they r heavy ,require stringnert pollution norms hence our focus is on petrol....Honda is keen on not 1 but 2 small cars for india...thats wat he said
Old 23rd September 2007, 19:29   #174
BHPian

Did you see the new NHC ?

Friends - did you see the new ads & brushed up model of NHC ? I am sure they are feeling the pressure from cars like SX4. Happenned to see the price of VTEC model with Airbags, etc.. - 8.76 Lacs !! looked ridiculous to me. they've increase prices by 50-60K just to provide these features ! Still I feel SX4 is great first choice when you look at an overall cost-benefit comparison. What do you guys think ?

Mod's Note: Please take care to post in the correct sections and a proper thread only.

Post migrated to an appropriate thread.
Old 18th October 2007, 22:49   #175
BANNED

Torture testing the upgraded Honda City ZX VTEC Plus

Torture testing the upgraded Honda City ZX VTEC Plus
Top Story - Recce and roll - Business Standard Motoring

Last edited by diabloo : 18th October 2007 at 22:51.
Old 18th October 2007, 23:10   #176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Torture testing the upgraded Honda City ZX VTEC Plus Top Story - Recce and roll - Business Standard Motoring
Read the story two days back. Its more of an advertisement rather than a test!

And dont forget to go through the comments section also.
Old 18th October 2007, 23:55   #177
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by diabloo
"Torture testing the upgraded Honda City ZX VTEC Plus
Top Story - Recce and roll - Business Standard Motoring"

First of all no offence meant to Honda fans and owners.. but to mention a few of ethics relating to auto-journalism in India! Just plogging in ABS and airbags and few stickers does not make a 4-5 years old car, a new car that warrants a tortue test.. that way of journalism is just to put Honda's cars on the limelight and influence confused mid-segments buyers. It is a fact that Honda Siel is one of the largest donors of cars to auto-magazines so much that all magazine journalists just swear by its cars (and why not, for they are getting to drive/ride/keep their cars for months for personal use - and not to forget all the soaps, promos and complimentary gifts and carnival passes that Honda Siel generously offers to auto-journalists etc...).. Hmm.. so it is not a surprise when auto-journalists pampers Honda's products and rudicule/tone down products from other competitors.. all the dirty, murky influences journalists and auto-shows exert on consumer's mindset and conciousness.. just a thought..again, no offence to any fans.. btw, I love Civic and may probably end up owning a used one in few months..

Last edited by iTNerd : 18th October 2007 at 23:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks