Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 17:16   #151

guys i hv just bought one gxi last week... so did i loose much of it...
Old 14th September 2007, 20:07   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
One old Ford 1.6 worked upto 130Km/hr but still couldn't managed to get past NHC. This for over 50Km.
There was something wrong with the driver or maybe unlike what you think, the Ikon wasn't trying to overtake you.

Quote:
only after Sx4 people have seriously started educating themselves and considering about ABS, EBD and all
The NHC has outsold the SX4 in August WITHOUT ABS, Airbags etc. The average Indian car buyer is still not interested in ABS etc. We all know how the Swift VDi has almost killed Zxi sales. Both these instances are proof enough that people here still don't care about safety. To some extent, I don't blame Honda. If they can sell their product without safety features at a higher price then competition that has those features then why bother adding more features.

I have said this earlier and I say it again, it's only the Indian car buyer that can teach Honda a lesson but most of us are so much in awe of the H brand that it almost seems like we are grateful to Honda that they are giving us a chance to buy something that sports their logo.
Old 15th September 2007, 12:16   #153
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
We all know how the Swift VDi has almost killed Zxi sales.
Amit, IMHO I feel this is a wrong comparison. Too many times in various threads I have read people mentioning that Swift Vdi has killed the Zxi. If MUL had launched a Zdi, you would have been surprised how many people would have bought that one over the Vdi.

The diesel car serves a different need as compared to the petrol - and being a FE conscious market the diesel option has seen a greater surge in demand as compared to the petrol.

regards
Old 15th September 2007, 14:00   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
The diesel car serves a different need as compared to the petrol - and being a FE conscious market the diesel option has seen a greater surge in demand as compared to the petrol.
Problem comes when the diesel is almost as good as the petrol, if not better. A swift buyer may be looking at the ZXi with a lot of options, but then at the same price tag, he can get the same car with diesel engine, which feels better to drive, wont he settle for it?

Swift petrol is not much fun unless driven enthusiastically. I'm one person who found the diesel swift to be better fun to drive.

I agree that Indian buyers are starting to look for better features in a car, something which Honda should look out for, but unfortunately, they are still a minority.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th September 2007 at 14:03.
Old 15th September 2007, 14:05   #155
BANNED

Hey man, thats a different story. I caught up with that Ikon & overtook it - that means I was faster than him. But he was offended, that a puny 77BHP IDSI overtook a mighty 1.6 ROCAM and he drove aggressively. He tried overtaking from left & was closely tailgating me. But he couldn't. For my safety tried going even faster. After some 30 minutes, he dropped off. Maybe to a have a cup of coffee & chill off.
Quote:
There was something wrong with the driver or maybe unlike what you think, the Ikon wasn't trying to overtake you.
Old 15th September 2007, 14:12   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The SX4 looks - SO MUCH MORE VFM NOW.
Arrey baba, don't you know Honda will not want to 'stoop' to Maruti's level. They consider themselves a notch above the rest. They are the makers of the best cars in India. *sarcasm alert*
Old 15th September 2007, 14:13   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Problem comes when the diesel is almost as good as the petrol, if not better. A swift buyer may be looking at the ZXi with a lot of options, but then at the same price tag, he can get the same car with diesel engine, which feels better to drive, wont he settle for it?
How many Swift buyers do you think buy the diesel because it's better to drive then the Petrol? They buy it because it's a diesel and they know it will be more fuel efficient.

You guys are missing the point. The Vdi almost killing Zxi sales and the NHC with no ABS and Airbags outselling the SX4 shows that the average Indian car buyer still is ready to compromise safety if he gets a slightly more fuel efficient car.
Old 15th September 2007, 14:24   #158
BANNED

Its neither Honda nor Maruti's fault. They haven't broken the law. If all cars must have SRS stuff, then Govt must make a law, like they did for seat-belts. True every body cares about FE. Whats wrong?
NHC outselling SX4 means, people find attributes of NHC more useful than that of SX4, even better than safety aspects of SX4.

Within SX4, how many ZXi are actually sold? Why such halo around SX4, if people are not buying ABS, Airbags fitted SX4?

Quote:
The Vdi almost killing Zxi sales and the NHC with no ABS and Airbags outselling the SX4 shows that the average Indian car buyer still is ready to compromise safety if he gets a slightly more fuel efficient car.

Last edited by diabloo : 15th September 2007 at 14:25.
Old 15th September 2007, 14:31   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Within SX4, how many ZXi are actually sold? Why such halo around SX4, if people are not buying ABS, Airbags fitted SX4?
Are you serious? It's the ZXi thats more in demand then the Vxi. Where have you been?!

Quote:
NHC outselling SX4 means, people find attributes of NHC more useful than that of SX4, even better than safety aspects of SX4.
Yes thats what I have been saying. What attribute does the NHC have better then the SX4? Fuel Efficiency! And of course the H logo.

Last edited by amit : 15th September 2007 at 14:34.
Old 15th September 2007, 14:33   #160
Senior - BHPian

90% of the SX4 cars I've seen on road are ZXi.
Old 15th September 2007, 14:33   #161
BANNED

Where to get that data?

Quote:
Are you serious? It's the ZXi thats more in demand then the Vxi. Where have you been?!
Old 15th September 2007, 14:36   #162
BANNED

Hey man, do you always make judgements without verifying the details?

Quote:
It's sad that most car buyers are so much in awe of Honda that they lap up any crap they dish out.

PS: Before I get flamed for calling Honda products crap, it's the NHC I am referring to. The Civic, Accord and CR-V are brilliant cars no doubt.
Quote:
Haven't been in a NHC so wouldn't comment on that but I do agree with SX4 plastics. When I test drove the car, thats the biggest complaint I had against the car. The dashboard design is good but the quality of plastics used in pretty pathetic. Surely doesn't feel like a 8 lakh rupee worth quality.
Old 15th September 2007, 14:40   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey man, do you always make judgements without verifying the details?
Could you be more specific.

By the way, what you said about me applies to you too.

Quote:
Old 15th September 2007, 14:52   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey man, thats a different story. I caught up with that Ikon & overtook it - that means I was faster than him. But he was offended, that a puny 77BHP IDSI overtook a mighty 1.6 ROCAM and he drove aggressively. He tried overtaking from left & was closely tailgating me. But he couldn't. For my safety tried going even faster. After some 30 minutes, he dropped off. Maybe to a have a cup of coffee & chill off.
taking into account how misinformed you are, I won't be surprised if the so called Ikon you happily thought couldn't get pass your car was in fact the Flair edition 1.3 L engine... dude, its valid to love one's car..that does n't mean you should rudicule other's love for their cars.. Come out of your truly and rudely JUST HONDA attitude and make a healthy contribution... If you or anyone in this forum can't, then please, find another place to crap MY WAY thoughts and leave this forum for civil and like minded car owners and enthusiasts.. no offence

Last edited by iTNerd : 15th September 2007 at 15:01.
Old 15th September 2007, 14:55   #165
BHPian

hello seniors no fighting please.
all r giving there opinion and telling there mind please don't heat it up.
both the cars r good and all buyer's think and then buy it
thing which is good for u , is not compulsory that other should like it too
so please respect everybodies choice and keep the thread kool(and mind too)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks