Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2007, 14:32   #16
BHPian

This is a very stop gap arrangement from Honda. I feel that they are buying time till mid 2008 where in they will get the new generation of City to counter Volkswagen Jetta.
Old 11th September 2007, 14:46   #17
BHPian

Honda should have provided with the ABS+Airbag option even in Exi/GXi. Even at this price, Cedia Sport is any day a better car to drive.
Old 11th September 2007, 15:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

I double that, at this price they might as well have not launched it, it will not get them much sales but yes, they can say that have a variant with all these features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP View Post
Huh, at that price .... i'll look somewhere else.
Old 11th September 2007, 15:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Now that is what I call a Stupid Car Company !!!

SX4 is going to sell even more now. Magnum a much much better option than Vtec Plus. In fact look at Corrolla HE, it willl cost the same as Vtec Plus. Its a segment higher altogether.
Old 11th September 2007, 15:28   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Now that is what I call a Stupid Car Company !!!
More than stupid, this is a company that seems to have lost touch with reality and the Indian car buyer's psyche.
Old 11th September 2007, 15:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

In Delhi, I saw recent ads for Corolla being advertised at 8.5 lakhs!. This must be the basic HE. No doubt that City is still better than SX4/Fiesta/Verna, but it is still overpriced by around 10-15%. With the price increase, which is a better option: a City with lower power, size, but higher specs (abs, airbags) than a Corolla with higher power, size, image, but lower specs.
Old 11th September 2007, 15:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Stupid pricing again. Let's see how much it affects their sales compared to the normal VTEC.
Old 11th September 2007, 15:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

I just went on their website, it now says 10th anniversary Honda Cities. There is something for every Model !! Hahaha .

Also quoted there - '' VTEC available without Airbags / leather also ''.

Honda's trying its luck right now, I respect Honda Internationally, they truly make FAB cars BUT at the same time their Indian Policy is irritating.

Apart from their Civic ( partly ) I feel everything is Over Priced by 10 - 15 % at least !!!
Old 11th September 2007, 16:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

I guess Honda India have gone nuts since the launch of SX4!

Vtec sales is already abysmal, what is the point of adding Safety features to it, instead they should have provided the same to the much selling Gxi model.

Last edited by finneyp : 11th September 2007 at 16:04.
Old 11th September 2007, 16:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
This is a very stop gap arrangement from Honda. I feel that they are buying time till mid 2008 where in they will get the new generation of City to counter Volkswagen Jetta.
Jetta costs more than a Civic.
Old 11th September 2007, 16:09   #26
Senior - BHPian

Honda City V TEC never sold in big numbers. The pricing of the VTEC Plus will ensure that nothing changes. This seems to be a launch for the sake of one. It will largely be ignored by a majority of the car buying public.
Old 11th September 2007, 16:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
No doubt that City is still better than SX4/Fiesta/Verna, but it is still overpriced by around 10-15%. With the price increase, which is a better option: a City with lower power, size, but higher specs (abs, airbags) than a Corolla with higher power, size, image, but lower specs.
I dont want to start a war but its not the best car in its class by a long shot. They might make fab cars but their offerings in India doesnt say that.
I never liked the ride quality or high speed manners of a below 10 lakh rupee Honda in India, I have never driven or "driven in" Civic or Accord.
Old 11th September 2007, 16:11   #28
BHPian

Guys, I posted this is the other thread too and will post it again here: Honda sold 3095 Honda City ZX cars in August 2007 WITHOUT these features.

Check this link:
Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. :: Press Releases

So, it is just a "We too provide these features"; I don't think they care as to how many VTEC plus cars they sell. They sell big numbers anyways!

Contrary to earlier expectations that Honda will suffer with entry of other cars, the band (of middle segment cars) is expanding further and further. Everyone makes money.

May be they are exhausting their production capacity and don't have a reason to increase sales further? I don't know.
Old 11th September 2007, 16:12   #29
BHPian

This is just for show, when customers or journos ask Honda about safety features and airbags and stuff they can point to this showpiece model which any discerning buyer will find difficult to justify at the price. I don't think they are serious about selling this model, just detract from the heat that they have been facing over the absence of safety features in a relatively expensive car.

Honda and they are not the only ones clearly seems indifferent to the safety of their customers, they will do the minimum required to get away with it in the current context so its up to the regulator to ensure safety features in car to kick these type of companies into providing the minimum features.

Nobody expects Honda to take a loss, there is just a feeling they can can provide these features at the current prices. There is something called profitability and something called unadulterated greed. This would fall in the second category. I for one find it difficult to feel positive about a company that behaves in this fashion.

Last edited by raul : 11th September 2007 at 16:19.
Old 11th September 2007, 16:14   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
However, SX4 is presently doing great.
Yes, but isn't it still the honeymoon period for SX4? For NHC, it is over 4 years, right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks