Old 27th July 2008, 00:59   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
Whats $$$$ damage to pocket
9800 all inclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Would the Aquatak be useful for cleaning concrete?
Yup... it is designed to be.
Old 27th July 2008, 08:36   #47
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
That's a matter of personal opinion.
But of course, my brother. आपके वचन सर आँखॉ पर।

Last edited by SuperSyn : 27th July 2008 at 08:46. Reason: brother, birader what difference does it make ;)

Old 27th July 2008, 12:16   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
Luke, this thing looks ideal for those days when the car wash guy doesnt show up...well I would like to have it as a backup. I had a few questions regarding the BOSCH aquatak 100...

1)Is it portable & handy or is it quite heavy to move around? Like I stay in the 1st floor so will I be able to carry it around?

2)Does it need to connected to a power point or is it self powered by say battery,etc.

3)Does it needs to be connected to a water source like a tap using a hose pipe or do you fill it up with water & then use it?

4)If it has it's own water reservoir then is 1 fill good enough to wash 1 car or do you need to fill it up several times to wash 1 single car.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Looks like Dadu has answered all the questions.

One thing of mention here, the water inlet into the machine is pretty small, about 1/4th inch, so you need to connect a 1/2" hose with an adapter. But this actually helps in conserving water as you don't need to turn the tap to even 50% open.

It comes with a three pin plug with about 3 metres of wire.

The gun comes with an inbuilt switch, more like a trigger, the motor runs only when the trigger is depressed and switches off automatically once the trigger is released.

But it does not really clean like they show in the ads. Rain water spray (fine mud) will remain, and needs to be wiped off with a sponge, but it blows away any chunks of mud especially in the wheel arches and underbody.
Old 27th July 2008, 14:10   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Some time back I read poor reviews of Bosch pressure waters, with people saying that some parts lasted barely one year, and, even if replaced under guarantee, needed replacing again at cost, barely a year later.

The posts concerning Bosh here have not mentioned this at all. Is this because people haven't had them long enough, or because their experience has been good?

For me, the whole point would be to get the dust off without scratching the paint. There is quite a lot of development going on in my area, which means that the dust is both copious and very abrasive.
Old 27th July 2008, 14:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post

PatienceWins - you meant 'Dadu', didn't you! Two down, is it? (Got you there, buddy! :-) )

Sorry Dadu - I meant dadu dude.
Old 27th July 2008, 15:49   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
9800 all inclusive.
This time METRO bangalore is selling at 6550/-
Old 27th July 2008, 19:07   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Some time back I read poor reviews of Bosch pressure waters, with people saying that some parts lasted barely one year.......The posts concerning Bosh here have not mentioned this at all. Is this because people haven't had them long enough, or because their experience has been good?
Yes, I too would like to hear from long-term users of the Bosch. After all one doesn't plonk down 8+grand every year.
Old 27th July 2008, 19:46   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Karcher seems to have a dealer in this country: Manmachine Karcher

Simply clean | Dealer & Service search

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 27th July 2008 at 19:49.
Old 27th July 2008, 22:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
This time METRO bangalore is selling at 6550/-
Then I ve been had!!

MRP on box says 13XXX....
Old 27th July 2008, 22:56   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a range, so maybe not.
Old 28th July 2008, 12:43   #56
Senior - BHPian

Dont worry, METRO is like a discount store at wholesale prices, you get everything cheaper there and you need to be a member on order to buy.

Quote:
Then I ve been had!!

MRP on box says 13XXX....
Old 28th July 2008, 18:35   #57
BHPian

Quote:
9800 all inclusive.
In Goa the dealer is quoting aquatak 100 plus at Rs 9200 approx with all taxes.
But they also have cheaper Bosch models starting from around 6500.
Will update in a few days when I see the alternatives for myself.
Old 28th July 2008, 20:23   #58
Senior - BHPian

That should be for Aquatak 10, in the previous page I have posted a comparison sheet (See post #18 & 36 for more details).

But as long as you can get the jet fan nozzle with A10, its fine. The nozzle will determine the effective cleaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
In Goa the dealer is quoting aquatak 100 plus at Rs 9200 approx with all taxes.
But they also have cheaper Bosch models starting from around 6500.
Will update in a few days when I see the alternatives for myself.

Last edited by dadu : 28th July 2008 at 20:27.
Old 13th August 2008, 03:20   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, to quote a previous poster, I just plonked down 9,900 for an Aquatak 100 plus.

This was the "exhibition price" and it says 13-thousand-something on the box. Another Chennai Bosch dealer told us 10-thousand-something plus 4% tax; it came to over 11 thousand.

The dealer supplied 10m of hose, and happily, a hose connector that fits what we already have on our tap for the garden hose. The power cord is not long enough, and has a two-pin plug.

The first thing I did was to blow a two-pin adapter on an extension lead: meant for shavers, it had a 1-amp fuse. I should have looked.

I'll fit a UK three-pin plug, 13-amp fuse, to it so I can use my good extension lead. Ideally, though, for safety, it might be a good idea to use weather-proof connectors.

I'd say that the above review is my experience too: it is not going to leave the car shining, there is going to be fine deposit left just as washing by hand would leave. It needs to be dried off anyway, to prevent the hard water deposit marks, especially on the glass.

Perhaps I should have been more vigorous with the brush attachment --- but it is the least dramatic and the most hard work to use!

Yes, it's good on the concrete too. Our trad grinding stone was set in concrete outside the house last year, more decorative than useful these days (although it was the only thing that would pulverise the dried ginger my wife needed to powder last week!): the Aquatak left it looking spotless, and quite clean enough for food use, not to mention reminding us of its pinkish granite colour.

New toy. Am I pleased with it? On the whole, yes. Will the car be cleaner because of it? I think so. Will it find other uses around the place? Yes; it was my wife's suggestion that it would be good for water-tank cleaning that tipped the balance and made me buy it.

Could it be better? Yes... I wish the detergent bottle could be used with other attachments. Detergent and brush would be excellent. This may be possible with bigger models, but the price rises steeply.
Old 16th August 2008, 17:09   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Aquatak: The Second Cleaning

Much better experience than the first, and better results.

1. Don't use the 'Roto Head' on cars; the instructions warn that the pressure may cause damage. They also warn to be generally gentle when pressure-washing tires for fear of damage.

2. Learnt to use the fan-shaped jet at a narrow angle, using it to 'sweep' along the body surface. A full on blast may be good for the bird crap, but it is this sweeping motion that seems to shift the general layer of muck.

3. Shampoo bottle: filled it up with dilute shampoo. Cover the car quickly; it gets used up fast.

4. Brush. I put more energy into this stage, on the shampoo-covered car. I think this pays off.

5. Rinse. I could see at this stage that the car was coming cleaner than last time. Again, the low-angle sweeping motion is effective. Probably did more than needed, but I was still enjoying the toy!

6. Finishing. I removed excess water with a soft-edge squeedgee and dried with a microfibre cloth.

7. Result. The thin layer of slightly greasy dust (or dusty grease!) all gone. The car is shining!

Car looks the best it has since new. I'm very happy with the result!

But I cannot deny that what would be really, really good would be a layer of hand-applied and well buffed polish.

That would, of course, be hard work.

But there are machines...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks