Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2008, 18:03   #61
BHPian

great feedback Thad mate. Thanks for letting us know your progress with the pressure thingy. By the way, I would'nt recommend using any pressure at all on the paintwork. This needs to be softly shampooed by hand, and then copiously rinsed by normal hose, then wiped dry with cleanest cloth you have. The pressure is good for the tyres, underbody, and the garage floor.
Old 16th August 2008, 18:31   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

I think that you are right. If I had a driver who was also a good car cleaner...

But the sweeping fan is much better, and not as harmful, as the full-on blast.
Old 16th August 2008, 21:47   #63
BHPian

Hey don't you know, drivers are never good cleaners, they just don't love their cars the way we do, or they don't know the simplest thing about clean cloths and clean water.
I never trust my driver to wax the cars, it's a sure fire recipe for a scratched finish, and even getting him to learn the proper way to wash the cars took me a couple of weeks of standing alongside him.

By the way, what is the current load this machine takes? I have just a 5-amp plug in the garage.
Old 16th August 2008, 21:58   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

We had a visiting cleaner at the last place who was quite good, my wife used to get a boy to do it here who really did not have a clue, and has probably aged the car by a year or two. I've never had a driver, and doubt that I will; we don't even use the car every day --- but if I did I'd want to send the to car-cleaning school!

Err... not to mention driving school.

It is rated at 1.5kw, and I use it plugged into a 5-amp socket, I don't know what the breaker on that socket is.
Old 22nd August 2008, 11:57   #65
BHPian

Aquatak 100 plus does good cleaning

I got my self a Aquatak 100 plus at an exhibition sale for 8500/-. It does good cleaning. I was actually searching for the Aquatak 10 but it seems Bosch does not sell them any more.
The rotohead is a bit harsh and can be used for under chasis and floor cleaning. The Jet-Fan nozzle can be used for car cleaning. The best part was the effortless cleaning of brake dust from my aloys. normally removing the black dust from the aloys is a time comsuming back breaking job. with aquatak it was over in no time and my aloy we as good as new
Old 22nd August 2008, 12:22   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got my self a Aquatak 100 plus at an exhibition sale for 8500/-
:( --- You bargain better than we do, I guess! Which exhibition did you buy from? was it Hi Care Company? They are the ones that seem to do the exhibitions; recently they have been at Chennai Trade Centre and ICE at Island Gardens.

Please check the instructions, for the safety of your car: it does say not to use the roto head on cars. It is pretty violent!
Old 22nd August 2008, 13:18   #67
BHPian

Ya, I got it at the ICE exhibition from Hi Care. I went here on the last day. I went with a friend of mine and we picked up 2 pieces and bargained for the discount.
Old 22nd August 2008, 15:49   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, at least you brought two, with your friend, so had better reason for the discount. My wife is now complaining about having "lost" Rs1400!

And yet she told me off for fighting on another thing I bought, a Dremel tool, when, after agreeing the price, they come to do the bill ---and add the tax. I hate that tactic, and made a big fuss; they gave the tax amount as discount, but I think that was inly about 160.

Last day of an exhibition is always a good day for buying. Congratulations!
Old 22nd August 2008, 16:17   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Thad:

I have been postponing this purchase because I have two concerns:

1. Manual drying can not be avoided but can I get a touch-free wash with good results? I feel a final manual scrubbing is needed to get rid of that grease layer even if shampoo-soaking is done first.

2. It damages paint.

What has been your experience? Thanks.
Old 22nd August 2008, 16:38   #70
BHPian

Hi androdev, the Bosch guys mentioned that the Jet-Fan nozzle can be used for washing cars. It has been tried and tested. The have not got any complaints from anyone about paint loss so far. It seems they have sold a bigger version of the same to a lot of car garages, even it seems Bosch service centers use it.

Before i purchased the stuff i verified whether it can be used on my car (chevy optra) with the dealer. My dealer said it wont cause any problem.

Bosch recommends to use the Jet-Fan nozzle for car wash

Any good quality car shampoo cleans the grease effectively. you need to use it along with brush that is povided with the product. I use Formula 1 Wash products or Sonax.
Old 22nd August 2008, 20:50   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

It has to be used with the brush, yes. Even after letting the shampoo soak, it still needs some sort of physical disturbance to the grease layer --- unless, maybe, you wash the car so often it never gets a chance to build up, like daily?

The car needs to be dried, yes, or some hard-water marks will remain. I'm interested, for other reasons, to get a water softener for my house; it might make quite a difference to washing the car!

No, it is not a completely hands-off magic wand cleaning system! Maybe, one day. I'll include it in my prayers

I do not think the jet fan nozzle can damage paintwork --- unless it is physically damaged already. However, it should be kept a few inches away (read the manual!) and I'm more concerned about disturbing or damaging rubber seals around glass, etc, especially on the Swift, which is hardly the world's best-built car.
Old 22nd August 2008, 21:18   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Thad:

I have been postponing this purchase because I have two concerns:

1. Manual drying can not be avoided but can I get a touch-free wash with good results? I feel a final manual scrubbing is needed to get rid of that grease layer even if shampoo-soaking is done first.

2. It damages paint.

What has been your experience? Thanks.
You should always use a sponge or wash mit no matter whetehr you use pressure washer or not. You can snow foam the car but to loosen all the dirt.

With regards to 2, yes if you use a pressure washer with the wrong attachment it can damage your paintwork. Use a variable lance on a low setting and you should be ok.
Old 13th September 2008, 22:08   #73
BHPian

Bosch Aquatak

Just gifted myself with a Bosch Aquatek hi-pressure water cleaner!
I found it awesome. I am going to enjoy myself every Sunday cleaning my Civic-AT! cheers:

(I am paying Rs.9K for it).
Old 14th September 2008, 00:36   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations!

And I won't tell my wife that you too paid less than we did

Enjoy!
Old 14th September 2008, 00:58   #75
BHPian

I bought the Aquatak 1250 model for Rs. 18,500 and its giving 125 bar - but the advantage over other model is it has a pressure regulator, through which you can choose the right pressure based on the usage.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks