Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2008, 12:57   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
braj, an Aquatak cleaning video for you Bosch Aquatak 10 is also available at lower prices, apprx 6k now.

Its amazing how efficiently it cleans away.
@dadu: This device is really great and is a must have for you. Did you get this yet? I suppose this will also save water. I was reading somewhere that the plastic bottle attachment can be used to fill car shampoo thus effectively improve the quality of the wash.

Any more videos of similar devices?
Old 19th June 2008, 15:14   #17
BHPian

I have the aquatak10, and use it regularly. The shampoo sprayer also is useful. But with the monsoon mud, you have to first do a pressure wash to remove the grime/sand and then do hand wash with a sponge. Otherwise the thin film of dirt is not going.

Summertime, just the pressure wash is OK.
Old 19th June 2008, 15:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

In my buying queue. I have a fetish for such devices.

And yes, it does save water. No more video, that I could find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
@dadu: This device is really great and is a must have for you. Did you get this yet? I suppose this will also save water. I was reading somewhere that the plastic bottle attachment can be used to fill car shampoo thus effectively improve the quality of the wash.

Any more videos of similar devices?

This might be due to the lesser pressure exerted by the standard nozzle supplied. You might want to buy the extra acc as below:

Name:  Aquatak.gif
Views: 3267
Size:  28.6 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DileepKS View Post
I have the aquatak10, and use it regularly. The shampoo sprayer also is useful. But with the monsoon mud, you have to first do a pressure wash to remove the grime/sand and then do hand wash with a sponge. Otherwise the thin film of dirt is not going.

Summertime, just the pressure wash is OK.
Old 19th June 2008, 15:29   #19
BHPian

dadu where did you get the information about the jet spray accessories?
Old 19th June 2008, 15:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

I downloaded a product brochure, meant for Europe and then dug out their European website too, from the hidden www jungle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
dadu where did you get the information about the jet spray accessories?
Old 19th June 2008, 16:58   #21
BHPian

Quote:
In my buying queue. I have a fetish for such devices.
Be careful while using it.If you use it on a bumper which has a scratch and paint has peeled off,then when you use this pressure wash the paint in the surrounding area near the scratch just comes off.Had experienced this in my cousins tavera.

In my native it is used to clean fungus etc in the farms
Old 19th June 2008, 17:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

I believe you are talking about the sprayers used in the farm which are much more powerful than this.

Aquatak is meant to be for home use and the pressure range is between 100-150 bar based on the model for Car/ SUV cleaning as specified by Bosch.

Beyond that is not suitable for car cleaning and is used for other heavy duty jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomingbhat View Post
Be careful while using it.If you use it on a bumper which has a scratch and paint has peeled off,then when you use this pressure wash the paint in the surrounding area near the scratch just comes off.Had experienced this in my cousins tavera.

In my native it is used to clean fungus etc in the farms
Old 19th June 2008, 19:03   #23
BHPian

Quote:
braj, an Aquatak cleaning video for you Bosch Aquatak 10 is also available at lower prices, apprx 6k now.

Its amazing how efficiently it cleans away.

How much water does it use for one whole car? And with the kind of pressure the water flows at, I am sure water will get into all nooks and crannies. Keyholes and maybe brake drums and the engine bay. Drying will be a problem. Hope we don't end up with a rust problem.
Old 19th June 2008, 19:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

For the Aquatak 10, pressure is at max 100 bar goes upto 150 bar for the 1500x but can be controlled by the nozzle in 3 steps.

For the water usage, I will post tommorrow, as the brochure is saved in the other laptop.

Its the same as you get it done outside and at the A.S.S. during routine service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
How much water does it use for one whole car? And with the kind of pressure the water flows at, I am sure water will get into all nooks and crannies. Keyholes and maybe brake drums and the engine bay. Drying will be a problem. Hope we don't end up with a rust problem.
Old 19th June 2008, 19:47   #25
BHPian

Slightly off topic, did any one try the steam wash? Supposed to use a fraction of the water and to be thorough? We some times have the guys organise a camp in our office premises and IIRC, they charge Rs.200 per car.
Old 19th June 2008, 19:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the Aquatak 10, pressure is at max 100 bar goes upto 150 bar for
Isn't this pure overkill?
Why would you use such extraordinarily high pressures for washing your car? Or for 'damaging' your car!
Old 19th June 2008, 19:53   #27
BHPian

For all those who doubt the pressure and quality of the wash, I suggest you have a look at the video on youtube which dadu has posted. Your doubts will be cleared.
Old 19th June 2008, 20:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

I have a friend here , who is dealing in this. It costs Rs.8500 and it cleans the mud in the body in a minute . Very Effective . Cant bring your finger near to the water as the force is very high. He is using it too for around 2 years and it never damaged any part of the body.

Last edited by undead : 19th June 2008 at 20:39.
Old 19th June 2008, 20:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

I am interested in getting one. Tadu, thanks for the video.

The device does a decent job, but I doubt whether it will affect the paint finish in the long run.
Old 19th June 2008, 21:00   #30
jp1
BHPian

I bought one a year ago and so far it is going good, not given any trouble. Only issue is you need a big porch to properly aim at the vehicle. Need to be at least 3 metres away to get a proper shoot. This is an Italian make known as Annovi Reverberi and sourced from a company in cochin and their web site address is Jags Impex - Supply, Installation and Servicing of Industrial Tool and Equipments
Paid around Rs 8000+
There is another thread discussing same topic some time ago and the link is
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...available.html
This link has some innovative cheaper innovative ideas discussed
jp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed