Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2007, 18:35   #16
BHPian

I was in the same situation for a savings of around 30k if I take it in my hometown. There is just too much problem in bangalore that you better take it with KA registration and have peace of mind. Another minor gripe could be that once you buy it from Cochin dealer, there could be a possibility of having to visit him for some major defect in car (a rare possibility but still holds) and in such case you might have to take ur car back to cochin and the problem might require you to visit him several times.
Old 4th December 2007, 19:49   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
If you plan to be in Bangalore for more than 2 years i suggest you to go for a KA car.

It's not just cops that matters but there is a lot of difference in the attitude of the people (traffic) towards you if you drive a state or a non state vehicle.

As Zak said, Blore is not very friendly towards out of state vehicles.
This is very true... I personally experinced it may times in 2003, with my friends KL reg matiz
Old 4th December 2007, 20:08   #18
BHPian

Thanks a ton for all your inputs... From all valuable sugestions by you guys I decided to buy it and register it in Bangalore....

As per one of my friends, discount what you can get in Bangalore is much better than Cochin!!!! Is it true? The reason he is telling is there are multiple dealers in Bangalore and the competition is high here, where in Hilton is the only option at Cochin.

Can anyone share your recent bargain experience for Verna in Bangalore?

How much discounts I can expect?

Who is the best Hyundai dealer in Bangalore?

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 4th December 2007 at 20:10.
Old 4th December 2007, 20:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
bloody cops in bangy. if they see a KL plate they will chase you and stop you.

OT: we always used to carry petrol bills from kerala, we got the book, and filled it will whatever dates we liked to show the cops that we just arrived.
Bangalore cops chasing? This I got to see.
I agree if you have some kind of bills even from a month or two away you can say you have been here for 2 weeks for a wedding and get away without much hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Exactly, if traffic cop catches you, pay the challan, if the RTO guy catches you pay the road tax or grease their palms.
Thats what I do for my TN bike. 50Rs to the cop for his evening drink :( yet to be caught by the RTO! Yikes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Thanks a ton for all your inputs... From all valuable sugestions by you guys I decided to buy it and register it in Bangalore....

As per one of my friends, discount what you can get in Bangalore is much better than Cochin!!!! Is it true? The reason he is telling is there are multiple dealers in Bangalore and the competition is high here, where in Hilton is the only option at Cochin.

Can anyone share your recent bargain experience for Verna in Bangalore?

How much discounts I can expect?

Who is the best Hyundai dealer in Bangalore?
You should get better deals in the showrooms in bangalore... however if you ever plan to go back to KL in a year or so just buy it from Kerala and run it in bangalore for that time. Cops very rarely stop cars.

Ask anyone who has a car and bike how often they have got pulled over in a Car Vs Bike.

Also all the times the cops have caught me on the bike.. Their eyes light up after the stop me and see my registeration, which tells me that they are not all that bright and looking out for Number plates when they jump in front and dance in front of your bike/car.
Old 4th December 2007, 20:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

It's not only cops that matters my man... Some elements in the traffic/public they try to push you around if you're in an out of state vehicle depending upon the situation.

If you get into any kind of accident, even a minor one, the first thing the other person looks at is the registration of the vehicle. And if happen to be in an out of state vehicle the confidence of the other party increases ten fold and try to squeeze some $$ out of you. But if you know the local language you have a good chance.

Actually i never cared for the cops when i was driving the KL bike or the KBT car. I have got fined couple of times on the bike during a period of 1.5 years and the car was never stopped. My friend who bought the car from me uses the car on a daily basis and even he didn't have any police trouble yet. It's been 2 years since the car arrived in Bangalore.
Old 4th December 2007, 21:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
You should get better deals in the showrooms in bangalore... however if you ever plan to go back to KL in a year or so just buy it from Kerala and run it in bangalore for that time. Cops very rarely stop cars.
Im planning to settle in bangalore.... May be I will be doing 3 - 4 times up and down from bangalore to kerala.
Old 4th December 2007, 22:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

@IronWolf,

the police bikes that have yellow and black "tiger" like stripes, we call it "puli", have succesfully chased me twice, and a couple of times, i managed to get away. mostly all they want is 100 bucks and you are on the way.

This happens especially at night, when you take the one way in the opposite direction from the empire hotel in koromangala, alternatively changed the route to take the one that goes infront of the jyothi nivas college and then proceed from there on.
Old 4th December 2007, 23:19   #23
BHPian

Sorry for budging in! I have a 2002 OHC Vtec with a out of state registration. Can anyone tell me as to how much will I have to shell out for the change in regn to a KA?

Cheers
Shrey
Old 4th December 2007, 23:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Sorry for budging in! I have a 2002 OHC Vtec with a out of state registration. Can anyone tell me as to how much will I have to shell out for the change in regn to a KA?

Cheers
Shrey
You will have to pay the life time tax in KA - Not Sure $$
Under table amount - Not Sure $$
Also do you have the NOC from your home State RTO/Police station?

Quote:
@IronWolf,

the police bikes that have yellow and black "tiger" like stripes, we call it "puli", have succesfully chased me twice, and a couple of times, i managed to get away. mostly all they want is 100 bucks and you are on the way.

This happens especially at night, when you take the one way in the opposite direction from the empire hotel in koromangala, alternatively changed the route to take the one that goes infront of the jyothi nivas college and then proceed from there on.
Yes this might happen if you blatantly break the law and go up a one way.

What I said is so far I have not got chased by cops for having a TN bike. Heck I even tested it multiple times by riding at 40kmph right in front of namma bengalooru traffic cops.

One ways and Triples on a bike they CANNOT stand that I have seen.
I am yet to see a chase.

Heck I would join a volunteer service for the traffic police to chase down offenders, if every there was such a oppertunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Im planning to settle in bangalore.... May be I will be doing 3 - 4 times up and down from bangalore to kerala.
3 - 4 times a Month up and down from Bangalore to Kerala? > Buy it in Kerala
3 - 4 times a Quarter up and down from Bangalore to Kerala?
> Buy it in Kerala
3 - 4 times a Year up and down from Bangalore to Kerala?
> Buy it in Karnataka

My humble suggestion!
Old 4th December 2007, 23:59   #25

I think the rule allows you to use the vehicle for a year before you change the registration. If you plan to travel to kerala at least once a year i don't think you will be doing anything illegal here.

But you may need to research further, as if it was that simple we have seen more people trying this out.

BTW.. I think Goa is still cheaper.
Old 5th December 2007, 00:22   #26
BHPian

Hi IronWolf,

I have all the documents including the NOC. Can someone pls help me with the figures or atleast give me an estimate.

Cheers
Shrey
Old 5th December 2007, 02:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
bloody cops in bangy. if they see a KL plate they will chase you and stop you.
I have been harassed by AP/Hyderabad cops for having a KA vehicle. I am still going to take my KA car there and keep it for a while. There are no good cops when it comes to this.
Old 5th December 2007, 03:37   #28
BANNED

When will this partiality mindset stop in our country? It's really irritating to see that you're considered as a stranger in your own country!
Old 5th December 2007, 10:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Have a look here, PDF page 18/19, document page 133/134. Add Cess 2.6% on top of it. You can pay your road tax at bangaloreone centres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Hi IronWolf,

I have all the documents including the NOC. Can someone pls help me with the figures or atleast give me an estimate.

Cheers
Shrey

Last edited by dadu : 5th December 2007 at 10:01.
Old 5th December 2007, 10:04   #30
BHPian

And, here you go with the process .... B

Regards
Rex

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks