Scorpio mHawk 2.2 89 21.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2008, 16:12   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
I am just looking for a vehicle for city use...i would really prefer a compact car (my preference would be palio/swift)...more comfortable to drive and what not in city...
atleast i think we will be using the LCD and reverse camera more than rain, air indicators...this is what i usually prefer when it comes to gadgets or whatever they are called...
You are right about hatches being easier to drive in the city, but, for many of us, the SUV we own could be our daily use car. Apart from the one-time expense to buy another car, there are other issues like ongoing insurance costs and the atrocious price of parking in many residential complexes. One has to consider these before buying another car for city commute purposes alone.

Last edited by Su-47 : 12th June 2008 at 16:15.
Old 12th June 2008, 16:24   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

on road price in mumbai:
safari 2.2 4x2 = 12.77 lakhs
scorpio 2.2 = 11.35 lakhs
scorpio = better resale value
therefore, scorpio = huge savings
Do you look at safety in the vehicle or you are looking at money for Resale Value

THE KING is always King and cannot be taken over by anyone.

VOTE FOR THE KING - Tata Safari
Old 12th June 2008, 16:34   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Do you look at safety in the vehicle or you are looking at money for Resale Value

THE KING is always King and cannot be taken over by anyone.

VOTE FOR THE KING - Tata Safari
ahhhhhhh, yet another name for the safari- THE KING
earlier it was a "niche" SUV, now its the king!

anyways, frankly buddy, i dont cars a damn about resale value! but there are many others who do and its for them i mentioned this aspect.
but anyways, since you asked, i do feel the lack of airbags as a serious omission in the scorpio but then i can avoid the use of airbags by driving safely, its in my hands. but how can i increase the resale velue of safari?

again, i know, accidents do happen even if you are a very safe driver. and i do agree that airbags are a must in a 11 lakh car, but so is resale value!
Old 12th June 2008, 16:50   #244
BHPian

I did not mean you buying a palio/swift...meant that if a person is looling for city driving...then i doubt a SUV being better than a car...
i think if your dad has backache problem...then safari/innova provides more comfort...i think a lot of scorpio owners and probably normal users agree on this that safari provides best comfort...
Adequate space is same as looks...some people tend to drive with their seats too close steering....while others want their legs stretched out...
LCD screens...i hope its not for the person who is driving...and more over you were talking about families...and more over its not necessary for you to buy a vcd for every new movie...you can hire them as well...if you say that buying a vcd is a pain...then is it that having a dvd/vcd player is also the same....
i have never had any problem in turning on a switch and truning off great problem whenever it rained...neither about checking tyre air pressure...may be i have got used to this manual job and hence i find it easy...
i have seen quite a lot of my friends getting the reverse camera fitted onto their cars....after seeing it in the safari...i heard that they were finding it really useful...though i bought my safari has i had got used to it with my old TCIC...had to change just for the lack of power in TCIC and nothing else...

mate...is it that all scorpio/safari buyers buy only the high end...

Quote:
the reason i cant buy a palio/swift for city driving is that by dad has a backache problem.
also, i used to drive an esteem and believe me, i find the scorpio more driveable in city.
again, i drive my scorp for 80 kms everyday and i am absolutely comfortable in it. i am 6'2" tall and has no space problems with it. of course, the safari is more spacious, but as i said, the scorpio has "adequate" space. so when i was comfortable in the scorp and found its driveability better than the safari, i confirmed the scorp as my next car, AGAIN! i hope i cleared your confusion!

about LCD screens, i drive myself. so whats the use of LCD screens for me? even if i talk on general terms, how many times would i see the same movie again and again? or should i buy a new VCD everyday?? have you used the reverse camera in the safari? it has got a wide focal lens (also referred as fish eye lens) to give a broad view and hence it does not indicate the distance precisely... i found it a pain to use. i find the sensors better.

the rain sensors work perfectly in the rains here in mumbai. i dont have to switch on/off the wipers nor increase/decrease it speed. its a convenience factor to me.

on road price in mumbai:
safari 2.2 4x2 = 12.77 lakhs
scorpio 2.2 = 11.35 lakhs
scorpio = better resale value
therefore, scorpio = huge savings
Old 12th June 2008, 16:52   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
You are right about hatches being easier to drive in the city, but, for many of us, the SUV we own could be our daily use car. Apart from the one-time expense to buy another car, there are other issues like ongoing insurance costs and the atrocious price of parking in many residential complexes. One has to consider these before buying another car for city commute purposes alone.
su-47 i agree with you if someone is just buying one car...but for people who can afford to or already have quite a few in the stable this should'nt matter...
Old 12th June 2008, 16:57   #246
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
I have spoken to all the dealers and even the Tata Motors Customer Service also- NO LUCK.

In case you know someone who can get it done for me- my cheque is ready with thanks.
Surprising to know about registration rules in Mumbai.

In Bangalore we have so many TL(Single / crewcab) with private registration.

Its allowed-Simple proof for it is available in classified section(207 for sale)

We have so many entusiasts who buy a TL and register it for private use, There are also Commercial yellow boards running.
Old 12th June 2008, 16:58   #247
BHPian

hey you left out another name..."beast"...
let us not worry about the names...but may be for gowda his life is more important than the extra money he shells out...

Quote:
ahhhhhhh, yet another name for the safari- THE KING

anyways, frankly buddy, i dont cars a damn about resale value! but there are many others who do and its for them i mentioned this aspect.
but anyways, since you asked, i do feel the lack of airbags as a serious omission in the scorpio but then i can avoid the use of airbags by driving safely, its in my hands. but how can i increase the resale velue of safari?

again, i know, accidents do happen even if you are a very safe driver. and i do agree that airbags are a must in a 11 lakh car, but so is resale value!
Old 12th June 2008, 17:04   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
I did not mean you buying a palio/swift...meant that if a person is looling for city driving...then i doubt a SUV being better than a car...
i think if your dad has backache problem...then safari/innova provides more comfort...i think a lot of scorpio owners and probably normal users agree on this that safari provides best comfort...
Adequate space is same as looks...some people tend to drive with their seats too close steering....while others want their legs stretched out...
LCD screens...i hope its not for the person who is driving...and more over you were talking about families...and more over its not necessary for you to buy a vcd for every new movie...you can hire them as well...if you say that buying a vcd is a pain...then is it that having a dvd/vcd player is also the same....
i have never had any problem in turning on a switch and truning off great problem whenever it rained...neither about checking tyre air pressure...may be i have got used to this manual job and hence i find it easy...
i have seen quite a lot of my friends getting the reverse camera fitted onto their cars....after seeing it in the safari...i heard that they were finding it really useful...though i bought my safari has i had got used to it with my old TCIC...had to change just for the lack of power in TCIC and nothing else...

mate...is it that all scorpio/safari buyers buy only the high end...
we had a safari, sold it and bought an innova for my dad. the scorpio is for my use though occasionally my dad will use it. and he seems to be quite comfortable in its back seat, so no issues with that.

when i said adequate space, i meant that my brother (6'4") and myself (6'2") are comfortable in it. so we dont need the additional space of the safari badly that we will consider it as our next buy because we were quite comfortable in the scorpio too.

if i am on a long trip, how do you expect me to hire DVDs? and return them after a month or so? so that i get a huge rent bill? and if i am not on a trip, why the hell should i watch the DVD in the safari? why not in my home? yes, i feel that DVD/VCD is unnecessary in a car. but thats my personal opinion. i wont enforce it upon you. infact my dad suggested getting a DVD screen fitted in our new scorp and i was the first one to shout NO...! but auto wipers are not like that. you can and even i can switch wipers/headlights on/off but does that mean car manufacturers should stop providing such convinient features? then why should they provide an A/C, reverse sensors, etc... you can surely do without these, but they add to your driving comfort, dont they?

even the low end scorp is cheaper than a low end safari dude!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 12th June 2008 at 17:06.
Old 12th June 2008, 21:25   #249
Senior - BHPian

[quote=raj_5004;864072]ahhhhhhh, yet another name for the safari- THE KING

Buddy from the beginning it is known as The King only and it is not a new name, could be you have not heard about it.

Buddy we take car for our safety, we see that as our first thing and then we should think about the Resale Value.

again, i know, accidents do happen even if you are a very safe driver. and i do agree that airbags are a must in a 11 lakh car, but so is resale value![/quote]

So in this way you say that use Scorpio for 2yrs and u get bored, but Safari is a drive which you do not get bored or vehicle will let you down anywhere.
Old 12th June 2008, 21:30   #250
Senior - BHPian

[quote=babureddy;864106]hey you left out another name..."beast"...
let us not worry about the names...but may be for gowda his life is more important than the extra money he shells out...[/quote]

Reddy garu all of them care for the family & life first and money is next, you can earn money but once the life is gone you can never get back.

If you can get it back then again you will have to spend lot of money to the Hospitals better care for your family & Life...

Guys do you all agree with me

Life is first & Money is next
Old 12th June 2008, 21:39   #251
BHPian

I do agree with Gowda....... Life is first.

Money can be earned at any point of time.To be frank I had a 1st generation scorpio and sold it since i got back pain.But,with Tata cars,I am comfortable......sierra,marina,now safari

So,for me health and life is first then the money
Old 13th June 2008, 07:04   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Buddy from the beginning it is known as The King only and it is not a new name, could be you have not heard about it..
Looks like a lot many - actually the majority - of us auto-enthusiasts have not heard of it. Even those of us like me who prefer the Safari over the Scorp.

Gowda, this is not to take away your enthusiasm for your Safari.

Guys, lets drop the name part of the discussion and continue with the comparison
Old 13th June 2008, 10:03   #253
Senior - BHPian

@ gowda: can i ask you who puts such names for the safari? i dont think its TATA.
i completely agree with you about the safety part. safety is top priority and resale value comes later. even i consider that as my top priority and thats the only reason i bought an innova V for its airbags and ABS. but then tell me how many of indian families think this way? santro, accent, verna, wagon R, all these cars are available with ABS as an option? but how many are willing to shell out that extra money for safety? yet, i wont deny that tata has done a good job by providing airbags which mahindra has not. but again as i mentioned, tata is charging more than a lakh extra for it. the reason i chose a scorpio over a safari is not its resale value nor did i ignore the safari's safety aspect, its just the mHawk engine which impressed me. and owning a scorpio for 5 yrs and being involved in two accidents, i know a scorpio is a sturdy and safe car.

and by the way, who told you i am bored with my scorpio? i have been using a scorpio for the last five years and i again bought an mHawk 2 weeks back. for me, its the best SUV in india WITHIN THIS PRICE RANGE. we also have a CRDe scorpio here for office duties and a turbo 2.6 and a m2Di in my native...! so, how did you figure out that i am bored of the scorpio?
and also, driving a safari is boring for me, both the 3,0 and the 2.2, but thats my personal opinion, no offence meant to anyone. we had a 3.0 safari and it let us down so many times that we had to sell it in 1 and half yrs and the price we got was ridiculous! thats the reason i am commenting on resale value...

Last edited by raj_5004 : 13th June 2008 at 10:09.
Old 13th June 2008, 10:55   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Reddy garu all of them care for the family & life first and money is next, you can earn money but once the life is gone you can never get back.

If you can get it back then again you will have to spend lot of money to the Hospitals better care for your family & Life...

Guys do you all agree with me

Life is first & Money is next
Gowdre, same here too...was not saying you were wrong, but was just pointing out for those people who feel resale value and being cheaper is better then safety devices...
i always feel instead of adding gadgets including saftey devices is always a must....am in line with you...

Quote:
you can and even i can switch wipers/headlights on/off but does that mean car manufacturers should stop providing such convinient features? then why should they provide an A/C, reverse sensors, etc... you can surely do without these, but they add to your driving comfort, dont they?

even the low end scorp is cheaper than a low end safari dude!
so does that mean reverse camera and a/c are similar to air, rain sensors which you get in scorpio.
I can easily switch on the switches or checkup the air pressure, but I really don't know how to surview without A/C in hot temperatures and while on reverse gear, for me atleast reverse camera helps a lot for all those things that can't be seen from the rear view mirrors etc. May be for your height you can see them. And what comes in safari is a camera and not a sensor.
Regarding the price and resale value let me check up before saying anything.

Last edited by Zappo : 13th June 2008 at 11:06. Reason: Edit button mate, the edit button. For the 1st 20 minutes use that add to your post rather than make another one.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:09   #255
Senior - BHPian

Can someone enlighten me on the CURRENT (note, key word is "current") ex-showroom prices of the M Hawk in Mumbai? I do not want "on-road", I just want ex-showroom.

Thanks guyscheers:
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks