Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2008, 12:02   #91
Senior - BHPian

Just going off topic.. the Bajaj logo looks damn similar to VW rotated 90 Degrees :-)

i liked the car though.. its decent.. hope to see more and more progress in the indian automobile industry

Tata, M&M and Bajaj we are proud of you
Old 9th January 2008, 12:28   #92
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj got its timing spot on. All it took was one car maker to announce a super small car and now, everyone and his parent company are jumping into the fray.
Old 9th January 2008, 12:31   #93
Senior - BHPian

Its a commendable effort from Bajaj. Now, do we see "proCAR showrooms in the future"?
Old 9th January 2008, 12:38   #94
BHPian

I like the central console a lot , the gear being on the dash would provide more space . However the instrument panel at the centre would be a bit awkward as we are not used to the same . I will definitely go for this car on its release !
Old 9th January 2008, 12:57   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO, just a one-upmanship strategy from Bajaj.

Unveiling their 'projected for a 2010 launch' small car a day before the fully tested and engineered Tata One/Miracle/Jeh launch smacks of pettiness and a pointless attempt at stealing the thunder from Tata Motors. The 2 companies must have very very bad relations for this to happen. Generally, successful rivals in the same industry have a gentlemans' agreement not to upstage critical launches. Bajaj seems to have undermined that by today's announcement. While I am confident that their small car will prove to be a winner in 2010/2011, mthespoiler
Old 9th January 2008, 13:04   #96
BHPian

I don't think its a One-upmanship sort of thing. Bajaj had already decided to lauch a small four wheeler and they didn't want their effort to be lost in the One Lac Car Frenzy.

This unvailing will help Bajaj to get a lot of attention at the show.

As far as the Tata car is concerned every one is keeping their fingures crossed.
Old 9th January 2008, 13:08   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO, just a 'oneupmanship' strategy from Bajaj.

Unveiling their 'projected for a 2010 launch' small car a day before the fully tested and engineered Tata One/Miracle/Jeh launch smacks of pettiness and a pointless attempt at stealing the thunder from Tata Motors.

The 2 companies must have very very bad relations for this to happen. Generally, successful rivals in the same industry have a gentlemans' agreement not to upstage critical launches. Bajaj seems to have undermined that by today's announcement.

While I am confident that Bajaj's small car will prove to be a winner in 2010/2011, there was simply no need to resort to cheap marketing tricks (colloquially termed a 'spoiler') such as the 'launch' a day before Tata's launch.

Bajaj should have waited till AFTER the Tata launch to unveil their far-from-reality handcrafted show car. After all, in the light of recent erratic 2-wheeler sales and the relaxation of import regulations in India (Yamaha/Suzuki bikes), Bajaj's whole existence depends upon making a success of their car business.

They totally missed the bus when Ratan Tata gambled his entire Tata Motors empire on the Indica and they don't want to do that again!

Please note that I really liked the looks of the vehicle and hope it expands the market. This launch must have really caused a lot of spilt sushi/sashimi & wine at Suzuki & Nissan/Renault:-) They are the ones on the chopping board!

Last edited by itwasntme : 9th January 2008 at 13:13. Reason: Clarification
Old 9th January 2008, 13:16   #98
BHPian

Nice car, and good effort buddy. Any info bout the tech speks??

-----Zinda
Old 10th January 2008, 00:25   #99
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinda View Post
Nice car, and good effort buddy. Any info bout the tech speks??
It probably does not even have an engine (or an autorikshaw engine for limited mobility purpose only). A one of a kind prototype. So why care about frivolities like wheelbase etc?!

This is what you can call a rather elaborate paper launch. Bajaj himself admitted that they will have to rely on Renault heavily to be able to make any car, unlike Tata who have the know-how and resources to go alone. There are no assurances that this car will ever be made.

I agree with the sentiments of other members that this vehicle was made purely as a PR response to the anticipation of Tata's RTV. Bajaj seems rather scared (I wonder why....) and this is their scream of "OMG Pay attention to us we also exist!!1" aka Attention-Whore-Deficit-Disorder.

Not too classy on Bajaj's part, but then this is business and all's fair....

PS: I will breakout into giggles if Renault decide to go all alone, because the impression one gets is that they haven't really committed completely to Bajaj and Ghosn's hypothetical cheap car. This is not the car Renault had in mind.

Two years from now it would be cruel to show Bajaj the pictures of this model and ask, "Sir, what happened?".

Old 10th January 2008, 04:05   #100
BHPian

wow Bajaj has done their homework well...a neat looking small car...price will decide its fate though...

by the way what about After Sales Service?
Old 10th January 2008, 04:27   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Unveiling their 'projected for a 2010 launch' small car a day before the fully tested and engineered Tata One/Miracle/Jeh launch smacks of pettiness and a pointless attempt at stealing the thunder from Tata Motors.
Its an Auto- Expo!

Everyone showcases their products at the Expo. If Bajaj showcasing their car is seen as if they are having very bad relations with TATA, what about the other manufacturers who launched cars on 9th. Even Maruti showcased their concept. Can that also be said as a result of bad relations with TATA?

Also, IMO, TATA 1 lakh car has gained so much of popularity, that no other launches can take the hype away from it so fast.
Old 10th January 2008, 07:31   #102
BHPian

either this or the Tata 1 L car will be in my garage
110%
who wouldnt want these cars to go for weekend shopping or drive to your cousines house with ur parents or wife and kids
This is just awesome!!!
Old 10th January 2008, 10:42   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Fully appreciate your point about it being an Auto Expo .

However, Suzuki released first pictures/rough details of their small car a good month (I think) before this expo. They didn't resort to gatecrashing the Tata Jeh party by releasing a show car a day before. Shows their maturity I believe.

Further, knowing Suzuki's tremendous competence in small cars, they WILL come out with the actual production car as soon as they can! Remember, there are various conflicting reports about the Bajaj Lite. One version is that Nissan/Renault will buy into it and team up with Bajaj. Another says that Bajaj will go it alone even if they don't! Smacks of a long troubled road ahead.

Anyway, IMHO my point stands that it was a cheap publicity stunt which has already failed. Why? No one is talking about the Bajaj Lite anymore!

But your point appreciated about it being an Auto Expo .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Its an Auto- Expo!

Everyone showcases their products at the Expo. If Bajaj showcasing their car is seen as if they are having very bad relations with TATA, what about the other manufacturers who launched cars on 9th. Even Maruti showcased their concept. Can that also be said as a result of bad relations with TATA?

Also, IMO, TATA 1 lakh car has gained so much of popularity, that no other launches can take the hype away from it so fast.
Old 10th January 2008, 10:47   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

The century of the look-alikes in India has arrived.

Last edited by theMAG : 10th January 2008 at 10:50.
Old 10th January 2008, 12:16   #105
BANNED

Fe??!!!!

As I watching the Nano launch, this hit me like a ton of bricks.

By the time Bajaj launch this car, the emission norms will be tight - very, very tight, in f act, so tight that you will be forced to achieve this kind of FE (25 KMPL of petrol). Nano alrfeady conforms to Euro IV, with 20KMPL FE.

The Bajaj car will have to be designed to conform to Euro VI or VII (if they exist) so that it does not become obsolete by the time it reaches the dealers' stockyards.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks