Team-BHP - Tata launches New Indica, Indigo CS, Indica V2 DICOR, Sumo Grande, Xenon. Details....
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata launches New Indica, Indigo CS, Indica V2 DICOR, Sumo Grande, Xenon. Details.... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/34073-tata-launches-new-indica-indigo-cs-indica-v2-dicor-sumo-grande-xenon-details-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ignazio (Post 721203)
Hi all,
is this the Xenon your are talking about?
If yes, well that is a mistery to me on why Tata is selling abroad 1st!!!
If not, show me some picture if you can...
BTW, here is sold only with 2.2 dicor, 4x2 or 4x4, single cab or double cab.
Ciao
Ignazio

yes it's the same Xenon we are talking about , the one you mention has the new2.2 L engine , what we will get here this year is going to be a 3.0L version from the safari ,it's an old design from a truck with common rail injection system on it, it got a push rode set as against the new over head setup in the 2.2L.
It's going to be expansive here in India, and there is a very small market so Tata is marketing it out of India first and than in India.
In fact the TL which you have was also not sold here in India till two years back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ignazio (Post 721203)
Hi all,
is this the Xenon your are talking about?
If yes, well that is a mistery to me on why Tata is selling abroad 1st!!!
If not, show me some picture if you can...
BTW, here is sold only with 2.2 dicor, 4x2 or 4x4, single cab or double cab.
Ciao
Ignazio

=

Ignazio,

Did you take a test drive of the same? If yes, how is the vehicle and body roll. Plus the quality and fit and finish of the interiors and the features available.

Hi!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 721525)
Ignazio,

Did you take a test drive of the same? If yes, how is the vehicle and body roll. Plus the quality and fit and finish of the interiors and the features available.

No unfortunately I did not drive it, it was at Motorshow expo in Bologna.
Generally was good assembled, better plastic quality compared to TL.
No ABS and Airbag yet neither FAP. The model had just standard central lock and electric windows nothing more. I think AC is only available on the 4 doors version.
They are talking to provide better options early this year... Will see!
Ciao

Ignazio

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinar (Post 721467)
what we will get here this year is going to be a 3.0L version from the safari ,it's an old design from a truck with common rail injection system on it, it got a push rode set as against the new over head setup in the 2.2L.

These guys know their 3.0s well - they know the TL and Safari inside out, from the TCIC engine onwards.

And they do some really crazy stuff with those vehicles.

In fact... I have heard that the 3.0 litre on the Xenon is the Safari unit further retuned...

One of the TATA Dealers in BLR has got the Sumo Grande TD Vehicle this week, guess the launch is near ...

what about dealers in delhi??i dont think they have still got sumo grande on TD??

BS Motoring have test driven the Indigo CS and Indica Dicor. Here's the report:

Top Story - More than the Nano - Business Standard Motoring

Quote:

Originally Posted by directinjection (Post 723884)
BS Motoring have test driven the Indigo CS and Indica Dicor. Here's the report:

Top Story - More than the Nano - Business Standard Motoring

What? They actually drive an Indica/go?

BS Motoring have always refused to talk about these cars, test them or recommend them. They were considered to low-brow.

guys anybody who can tell when will the tatas launch the new indica(the one which was at the auto expo)please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapezio (Post 721720)
In fact... I have heard that the 3.0 litre on the Xenon is the Safari unit further retuned...

What tuning are you referring to??????????? what I have heard [and also mentioned by the European sites ]it is the same engine ,not retuned for anything.....
where did you get this info from???????????

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb (Post 723928)
guys anybody who can tell when will the tatas launch the new indica(the one which was at the auto expo)please:

You would need to wait at least till Diwali, going by the current grapvine. Also remember, there was a time gap of almost a year between the unveiling of the original Indica at Auto Expo 1998 and its actual launch.

Steer, they have taken a fancy for Tata Indicas after the Indica became available with ABS and dual airbags. In one of the 'Which Car?' columns, Bijoy actually recommended a Tata Indica with ABS and airbags. That must be a first of sorts!

Regards,

Pradeep

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 723917)
What? They actually drive an Indica/go?

BS Motoring have always refused to talk about these cars, test them or recommend them. They were considered to low-brow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pradkumar (Post 723989)
In one of the 'Which Car?' columns, Bijoy actually recommended a Tata Indica with ABS and airbags. That must be a first of sorts!

I suppose they now expect Bombay House to be eternally grateful to them for this generous act.

Slightly off-topic, but i dont remember even the people at ACI recommending the Indica to any prospective buyers. To the guys at ACI, everything starts and ends with the Logan and NHC.