Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2008, 17:55   #121
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

yup. my dad just tanked up the zen now at ekayars.
Old 1st July 2008, 20:48   #122
BHPian

Even bombay HP pump stoped supplying normal fuel, he said supply not coming, i was forced to fill power and 4 rs more than normal fuel. AND i always fill from this HP pump only, guess have to find some new pump with normal fuel
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:01   #123
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post.

Guys,

Lets look at it in a positive way, if we were to use normal fuel instead of high octane, how will India progress/develop?

In most of the developed countries, i have seen only branded costlier high octance fuels being used!

This will inturn help the efficiency of vehicle, engine life and also contribute to the environment.

But i hope these Indian oil companies are not fooling its citizens by supplying same normal petrol and calling it as Costlier fuel.

Govt. does play a role in pricing, for which i have no comments.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd July 2008 at 12:28.
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:21   #124
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd July 2008 at 12:31.
jeetu4444 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:24   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Just in case it has not been mentioned earlier :

Over-heard a couple of pump attendants talking that the Oil co's are asking the pumps to lift equal quantities of regular and premium.

If this is the case, then the regular would run out much faster, and only the premium is left for sale for later customers. This gives the appearance of the Oil co's giving only premium fuel to the pumps.
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:53   #126
BHPian

I have been having the exact opposite experience! I regularly tank up at the HP pump on Banaswadi road. Since the last 3 visits in 4 weeks, i have been filling regular HSD instead of Turbojet! - The attendant informs me that there is no supply!
Old 2nd July 2008, 12:18   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetu4444 View Post
Even bombay HP pump stoped supplying normal fuel, he said supply not coming, i was forced to fill power and 4 rs more than normal fuel. AND i always fill from this HP pump only, guess have to find some new pump with normal fuel
Which HP pump are you refering to?

I filled up from the bandra turner road HP pump(the big one that is company owned) and had no problem of normal diesel supply.

Maybe becuase it is a company owned pump, they can't give such lame excuses.
Old 2nd July 2008, 12:29   #128
BHPian

Fuel

I had to fill-up Speed as normal fuel was out of stock. even for speed we had big queue in Electronic city BP petrol bunk.
Looks like the report in today's Times of India about the possiable fuel shortage due to truck's strike has promted to people flok to the bunks.
Old 2nd July 2008, 17:39   #129
BHPian

Hi All,

Today, I tried to fill up diesel for my verna at the IOC bunk near my place in j.p.nagar and found that they are only stocking super mile and not the regular diesel. When I asked them, they said they will not stock regular and from now on it will be only super mile diesel, found a similar type in other two bunks who said the same.

Has anyone else observered this???

Regards,
Sajan
Old 2nd July 2008, 18:03   #130
Senior - BHPian

I experienced the same with the BP and HP bunks today morning offering only premium fuel.
Had to drive 5kms to the IOC bunk on RV road where after waiting for 20 minutes was able to fill up with normal fuel. Normal diesel was also available at this bunk.
Old 3rd July 2008, 11:27   #131
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Its an unfair practice on the part of the Oil Companies and I wonder if the MRTP has any rule on this.

My dad had to fill up Turbo/ Speed Diesel for his car and also had to fill Premium Petrol in our Swift yesterday.

Around Koramangala/ HSR Layout area there appears to be only one HP Bunk on the 80 feet road near LEVIS that is filling regular Diesel and Petrol.

The scenario looks very tough with the prices of Fuel having gone up, and common people like us having to contend with rising food costs and high inflation as well - all on the same kind of salary levels as before!

Atleast, while raising prices of Fuel out of necessity, they should allow us the choice of filling regular diesel and petrol in the vehicles.
Old 3rd July 2008, 14:53   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there a way to test whether the petrol bunks are disposing normal fuel or premium.

I defnitley feel something is really fishy about non availability and all vending machines marked up with premium stickers overnight.

I have turned down refueling at bunks selling only premium fuel more than a couple of times.
Old 3rd July 2008, 15:18   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Is there a way to test whether the petrol bunks are disposing normal fuel or premium.

I defnitley feel something is really fishy about non availability and all vending machines marked up with premium stickers overnight.

I have turned down refueling at bunks selling only premium fuel more than a couple of times.
I will rubberneck the next time to see how many openings they have on the bunker surface. What if the openings all lead to a common underground bunk ?
Old 3rd July 2008, 15:42   #134
Team-BHP Support

I think we need to start bombarding the respective governments with these complains. It will bring in redressal.

To start with you all can write to complaints@core.nic.in This email id is manned by the concerned department of the Ministry of Consumer Affairs.

One may also get in touch with Smt. Jaya Balachandran, Director who is the CPIO (Central Public Information Officer) for any complaint and vigilance related issues for Ministry of Petroleum. Her phone number is (011-24651083).

There is yet another link as well but I can not locate that at this moment. Will post once I find that.

If someone is more interested to know his/her rights as a consumer and how the Ministry can help then the person can also visit NCDRC
Old 3rd July 2008, 16:39   #135
Senior - BHPian

The fuel crisis in Chennai has finally eased up and yesterday there was very less crowd in the fuel bunks.

To my surprise I saw that regular unleaded fuel was available and being sold.

I am sure all this while we were being sold regular fuel at a premium. Regular petrol retails at INR 55.xx and premium at INR 59.09/-. Talk about raising fuel prices by then forcing people to buy premium variety.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks