Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2008, 15:51   #346
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

loooks killer. man this version of the city is wild and the back looks aboslutely stunner.

check aci : vol 9. no 11 the july issue.

looks like a trend. . shorter boots. . . the new superb has a convertable boot and the subaru impreza minus the boot and the city also sans the boot.

looks like the 3 box mind set in india is finally changing.
Old 25th June 2008, 15:54   #347
BHPian

3GHC looks a stunner. Honda must load it with all the features possible and give a driver/performance oriented version too!
Old 25th June 2008, 16:53   #348
BHPian

One of my friends commented that the front grille looks like a DC job. I have to agree
Old 25th June 2008, 21:06   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Scoop! The third-generation Honda City : IBNLive.com > Videos

This video shows the new Honda City and the image looks like it was taken off from team-bhp. One image is of the spy shot and the other image is of the photoshop work done by vivek. Have they taken permission from team-bhp or Vivek?

I saw the same story yesterday on CNBC at their 8:00 PM show. The reporter first showed the artist impression saying that it was done by 'Overdrive' team and then showed the spy pics where the team-bhp watermark was clearly visible but did not give any credit to team-bhp or the person who reported here first.

I was really shocked to see that.

Can any action be taken for this by the team-bhp team?
Old 25th June 2008, 23:14   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Guys,

Is it just me?

The front grill in Awarty's last photograph shows a Peugot like logo (rather than the devine H)!!!

Zoom in please...

Well, it did even when I saw it the first time, but as I mentioned then, the turn indicators were pure Honda (in India). Also no other current car from Peugeot matches the side profile that we got from Awarty's pics.

I don't think the Frogs are that inclined about the Indian market to come in unannounced with an India specific model.
Old 26th June 2008, 05:12   #351
BHPian

ACI has taken honda civic, done work on it to show the new city, but iam sure the actual car will not look close to the one shown on the cover . so guys wait till u see the car in flesh..
Old 26th June 2008, 11:46   #352
BHPian

I believe awarty should be the right person to comment on the ACI computer generated image. He had seen the car without "H" motif.

Awarty, does the ACI image is close to the one you saw?
Old 26th June 2008, 11:49   #353
BHPian

check out latest autocar.colorred pic of new city
Old 27th June 2008, 00:41   #354
BHPian

I really think it was bad show by autocar india to showcase "computer generated" images on its cover along with the spy pics from team bhp...

Been traveling, so picked up some magazines for inflight reading.... While I was picking the mags, the regular magazine guy I buy my mags from said a lot of guys complained about the fact that the red hot car on the cover page is a FAKE!
Old 27th June 2008, 10:45   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
I really think it was bad show by autocar india to showcase "computer generated" images on its cover along with the spy pics from team bhp...

Been traveling, so picked up some magazines for inflight reading.... While I was picking the mags, the regular magazine guy I buy my mags from said a lot of guys complained about the fact that the red hot car on the cover page is a FAKE!
agree with you, there is no additional info in the article that is not available in our forum. Its like cashing on the opportunity by cheap stunts. Professional ethics says they should have clearly indicated on the front cover that its a computer generated image and not an actual one.
Old 27th June 2008, 13:21   #356
BHPian

Now a days PRESS wants to sell NEWS, so did ACI. They wanted to boost the sale of their magazine by showcasing the much awaited 3GHC using unethical way. I was a huge fan of ACI but this stunt has made ACI down in my views. ACI should applogize for their step in next issue.
Old 27th June 2008, 17:11   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post

There is nothing wrong in publishing a computer generated image of a new car when the only pictures available of the car are the spy pics (with the car camaflouged). It is the only way of informing the public about the upcoming new car's looks. Isn't that what we want? Besides, they have given due credit to TBHP and the photographer awarty.
Old 27th June 2008, 17:34   #358
BHPian

Its really sad to see such a responsible MAG doing this stupid stunt to increase sales,take the actual image and modify it little i can understand, but taking snap of civic which is in a diifferent segment to show city is stupid . They better correct this in next issue..
Old 27th June 2008, 21:47   #359
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper123 View Post
There is nothing wrong in publishing a computer generated image of a new car when the only pictures available of the car are the spy pics (with the car camaflouged). It is the only way of informing the public about the upcoming new car's looks. Isn't that what we want? Besides, they have given due credit to TBHP and the photographer awarty.
Well they did give the credit, but nowhere in the cover did they mention that the photographs are computer generated or artist impression.

When you look at the cover all it says is the launch of new Honda City and the photograph, and i ran and bought the book immediately just to see it speculating on the expected package.

It is absoutely unethical and misleading, and IMO they should apologise in the next issue for that.
Old 28th June 2008, 00:01   #360
Senior - BHPian

They have mentioned that its an "Autocar image" which means it is not the actual pic. Dont you guys think so?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks