Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2008, 10:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

Ref my post elsewhere on PD engined Superb. I have been informed by Skoda that they are bringing in the PD engine first and will bring common rail later which in my opinion is a mistake. I suppose they donot want to canibalise the passat or A4 but are the buyers really the same? Audi=style/brand/upwardly mobile, Skoda=value/practicality/economical, Passat=young trendy/future audi buyer, I am sure India has reached this point today. I am in the market for a large sedan and found passat a tad small, and audi A4 smaller. So my choice is narrowed to Superb as I am not brand concious and seek value. i found this to be the case with other Superb owners as well. Anyone else who shares this view and is considering Superb? Your support would help. I have written to the MD of Skoda as well. Maybe some moe mails to him would help as they seem to have both engines/cars (PD & Common rail) already homogolated.

Cheers
Old 18th July 2008, 11:03   #47
BHPian

From the pics posted here, this Superb looks very dull from the back. Just not up to a New and mordern car. The front is good, but yea, aping the BMW. As a few said here, totally lost its identity. They should have worked ahead in the same indentity direction.
Old 6th August 2008, 22:38   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

This same car had come our shop to get a puncture repaired. What I could get out of the driver was this.

1). The one he was driving was a 2.2 or a 2.4 litre 6 cylinder engine. NOT a V. Maybe straight 6 or inline 6. Wonder if Skoda even have an engine like this in the range.

2). It will cost 40 lakhs.

3). Another one will cost 80 lakhs. It will come with "2 engines". I asked him if he meant a hybrid, but he said no. Then he said it's a V6. 3.8 litre supposedly.
Old 6th August 2008, 23:49   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
This same car had come our shop to get a puncture repaired. What I could get out of the driver was this.

1). The one he was driving was a 2.2 or a 2.4 litre 6 cylinder engine. NOT a V. Maybe straight 6 or inline 6. Wonder if Skoda even have an engine like this in the range.

3). Another one will cost 80 lakhs. It will come with "2 engines". I asked him if he meant a hybrid, but he said no. Then he said it's a V6. 3.8 litre supposedly.

40L for a superb?
you gotta be kiddin..

it would be 40 lakh for a combo deal of a superb and a laura L&K model.
Old 7th August 2008, 02:07   #50
BHPian

Quote:

Did he say 80L? Is it made out of gold?

And at 40L the superb will not sell, who would buy that when a 520D is avaiable for 36.xx ex-showroom?
Old 7th August 2008, 02:18   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Are these the ones that come with free Fabias?

Old 7th August 2008, 07:30   #52
BHPian

The new Superb is not at all good looking compared to the old Superb.
Old 7th August 2008, 10:49   #53
Senior - BHPian

As posted else where I been informed that the diesel will only be PD pumping out 140 bhp doing 0 to 100 kmph in 10.3 sec's. This straight from the horses mouth!! The pump duse will come in feb or march 2009 and the 2.2 common rail will come in 2011!!! They have homologated both engined but have "group level limitations" (read customers will take what we decide to give) I think these auto companies should all be fexposed through the media and consumer activists on their trade practices...they sell cars with heavy duties & taxation and then shortchange the third world customers. The official kept saying I hope you will be our customer!!!
Old 7th August 2008, 13:48   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What I could get out of the driver was this.

3). Another one will cost 80 lakhs. It will come with "2 engines".
Proof that the driver didn't have a clue of what he is talking about.
Old 12th August 2008, 10:57   #55
BHPian

Spotted New Skoda Superb in Mysore

Hello guys,
I spotted a new skoda superb in mysore ring road near infosys on a road test half an hour back. The car was on its way to Madekeri from Bangalore via Mysore ring road.

I could notice the car from the rear and then over took it. The driver sensed this and overtook my car. He was charging the car and the pick up was immense. As I was in an Indica it was hard to catch him up. Finally I could reach him at a signal. The car was the same Blue one posted in the page 2 and had the registration number MH 12 TR-M 733.

I could not take the pics of the car, to be honest I do not have a carmera mobile and would look forward to buy one. Thats because I have been consistantly losing my mobile and decided to stick to a basic one.

The front end of the car had a strong resemblance with that of Skoda Fabia and had wide fog lamps. The interiors was quiet similar to the old car but what impressed me was the rear passenger compartment. It huge and is at par with that of Maybach i suppose. Altoghether the looks of the car was bland and did not impress me much.

Its been a overhelming experience for me to see a test car first time and very happy with it.cheers:
Old 12th August 2008, 11:02   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaykiran79 View Post
. It huge and is at par with that of Maybach i suppose.
Come on now, thats pushing it !

The superb has always had class-leading rear seat space but to compare it with the Maybach is
Old 16th October 2008, 20:44   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Another Superb came today. Again for a puncture. It was heavily camouflaged. I wonder why. Everyone except Skoda people seem to know how the new Superb looks!!

The tyres were 225/45-17. I highly doubt the same tyres will make it onto the production cars in India.
Old 20th October 2008, 17:46   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Come on now, thats pushing it !

The superb has always had class-leading rear seat space but to compare it with the Maybach is
The current superb has a lot of knee room but the shoulder room is not even class leading, forget Maybach standards. I have a superb, it was easier to squeeze 3 guys into an optra. Trust me. Hope the new superb fixes this. I contacted skoda and i Found that it 'll be out by the 2nd qtr 2009. It 'll have a 2.0 L Diesel engine (not sure if it is PD or Common Rail), I think it must be the Common Rail as in the Audi A4, may be tuned to 170ps (not sure), as the VW group is slowly dropping the PD engines as they hardly comply with euro 5 (due in Europe by 2010) I guess it will be priced around 20 - 25 lakhs ex showroom.
Old 2nd December 2008, 05:02   #59
BHPian

I spotted this on Mysore road. The headlamps look BMWish. The tail lamps is similar to the Laura but smaller. Might be the Fabia sedan. Notice the double exhausts. Any thoughts on this? Is this the car we are talking about in this thread?

SCOOP : New Skoda Superb Caught testing in Bangalore. PICS on Pg. 2,5-dsc05560.jpg

SCOOP : New Skoda Superb Caught testing in Bangalore. PICS on Pg. 2,5-dsc05562.jpg

SCOOP : New Skoda Superb Caught testing in Bangalore. PICS on Pg. 2,5-dsc05563.jpg
Old 2nd December 2008, 07:01   #60
BHPian

i think the above might be the superb, althought i can be wrong.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks