The Screening Room

Got this link from my friend
Old 14th November 2008, 16:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreenivas View Post
The Screening Room

Your friend must have been an active Team-BHPian.
That link has long been posted.
Old 14th November 2008, 16:42   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
so what does zxi have if everything is optional add on. that means it goes more than swift zxi and also i10 asta model ? ? ? how true are these pricing. if the zxi is at 5 laks including airbags abs and sunroof ill think over it.
i10 with 1.1L engine and it comes with a 4 cylinder engine is sold for around 4.90Lakhs (top end model with sunroof and all) here in Chandigarh, so would it be worth buying a 1L engine with 3 cylinder for 5lakhs.

I have a question here: Will a 1L 3 cylinder engine (A-Star) have less power then a 1L 4 cylinder engine (could be Spark) ?

Last edited by tarunmadhok : 14th November 2008 at 17:00.
Old 14th November 2008, 16:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i10 with 1.1L engine and it comes with a 4 calender engine
I think you meant cylinder

Quote:
I have a question here: Will a 1L 3 cylinder engine (A-Star) have less power then a 1L 4 cylinder engine (could be Spark) ?
Not necessary depends on how they have tuned the engine. The Spark IIRR produces 63 Bhp while A star is expected to be around 66 Bhp
Old 14th November 2008, 17:04   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I think you meant cylinder

Not necessary depends on how they have tuned the engine. The Spark IIRR produces 63 Bhp while A star is expected to be around 66 Bhp
That was a Typo mistake.

Ok so i change my question : Will the A-Star be like a handicapped car with its 3 cylinder engine as compared to other 4 cylinder 1L same 67PS engines?
Old 14th November 2008, 19:05   #36
BHPian

With 1 cylinder less it there would always be something be missing i feel, like while overtakeing etc. A 4 cylinder car is anytime better bet.

Ps - Its like liveing with 1 Kidney, u can live with it but cannot strain yourself. Lol

Last edited by madhokritesh : 14th November 2008 at 19:06.
Old 14th November 2008, 19:30   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunmadhok View Post
That was a Typo mistake.

Ok so i change my question : Will the A-Star be like a handicapped car with its 3 cylinder engine as compared to other 4 cylinder 1L same 67PS engines?
Performance-wise, when you accelerate, a more cylinders car will reach a certain speed faster. Besides, the more cylinders the more life-time an engine will have, because the pressure is shared. Of course, there are pros and cons, being the most known con your gasoline comsumption. Of course: the more cylinders the most explosions and finally the more gas.

Source : How does the number of cylinders in an engine affect its performance?
Old 14th November 2008, 19:55   #38
Senior - BHPian

A 3 Cylinder car would have to be revved more and will be a lil corsier. Having said that since the engines are from different manf, one cant draw a straight comparison before driving the cars.
Old 14th November 2008, 20:08   #39
BHPian

Have seen A-Star quite a few times in Noida area. Two weeks back there were three of them parked/standing by near radisson in sector 18. They had temp HR (Gurgaon) number plates and were accompanied by people who appeared like factory mechanics/drivers to me

I had no camera so no pictures. The car does look good from outside. Nice shiny painjob and quirky/diffrent exteriors. I took a peeep inside and somehow it looked plain jane. Gray/black Swift type interiors.

Overall i am not expecting much from another 1.0L car. Climate control, ABS, airbags etc maybe the 'buzzwords' these days but for me its just another boring, cramped, underpowed hatch from Suzuki.

Elito
Old 14th November 2008, 21:08   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreenivas View Post
The Screening Room

If we check the site - one guy cart-wheeling and other one with his skateboards, it points to the kind of market that the A-Star is trying to target. YOUTH.
Old 14th November 2008, 21:18   #41
BHPian

How i wish the same A-Star with the same gadgets was launched which was at display at the Delhi Expo. Had expected a lot from the A-Star especially after the expo but it does'nt seem to impress by its design.
Old 14th November 2008, 21:29   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
just another underpowed hatch from Suzuki.
Seems like you never had the luck to drive an old Zen 1.0L, or the Alto 1.1 VX.

And how do you know that the A-Star is underpowered, even without sitting in the driver's seat ?
Ist it you, or your prejudice speaking?
Old 14th November 2008, 21:41   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Have seen A-Star quite a few times in Noida area. Two weeks back there were three of them parked/standing by near radisson in sector 18. They had temp HR (Gurgaon) number plates and were accompanied by people who appeared like factory mechanics/drivers to me

I had no camera so no pictures. The car does look good from outside. Nice shiny painjob and quirky/diffrent exteriors. I took a peeep inside and somehow it looked plain jane. Gray/black Swift type interiors.

Overall i am not expecting much from another 1.0L car. Climate control, ABS, airbags etc maybe the 'buzzwords' these days but for me its just another boring, cramped, underpowed hatch from Suzuki.

Elito
Looks like you have seen it so many times that it has become boring
But tell me, what are your comparison cars while commenting that Suzuki cars are underpowered?
Old 15th November 2008, 01:16   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Seems like you never had the luck to drive an old Zen 1.0L, or the Alto 1.1 VX.

No need to get personal. I have driven both. BTW, both are no longer availaible.

And how do you know that the A-Star is underpowered, even without sitting in the driver's seat ?

Ist it you, or your prejudice speaking?

Not prejudice, but prerogative . Wat got you so worked up ?
twenty characters!

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 15th November 2008 at 01:23.
Old 15th November 2008, 01:21   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Looks like you have seen it so many times that it has become boring
But tell me, what are your comparison cars while commenting that Suzuki cars are underpowered?
1. Well actually yes! I have even read first impressions by some automags (global). Honestly its a nice small hatch, but nothing really to get me wet (lets say vis a vis the new City, i20, Audi R8 launch etc)

2. Why the current Alto offcourse!

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 15th November 2008 at 01:31.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks