Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 00:13   #46
BANNED

dont you think by the time Fiat launches Linea , it would be quite outdated worldwide . Nowadays we are quite used to get a car with 0- 30 weeks of world launches . e.g. City , i 10 , verna , Swift .. and these are teh cars that are topping the Sales charts . Fiat India would be nuts to believe that a 4 yr old model would sell like hot cakes.

I was quite waiting for the Linea, did searches in net / T-BHP, etc for india launch, but now I would wait to hear it on TV Only (no more searches) and then think of Buying it.
Old 21st October 2008, 00:38   #47
BHPian

wow I can't believe it - another linea thread
its a really good scoop though and nice bit of information !!

but another linea thread is this the most anticipated car which never gets launched or what!!
Old 21st October 2008, 00:45   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
dont you think by the time Fiat launches Linea , it would be quite outdated worldwide.
No, as there is no upgrade to the Linea worldwide as yet. Besides, we might get our Linea before China, Australia, New Zealand, UK and perhaps Singapore. I am not suggesting that the Linea will be launched in any of these countries but it could as FIAT does have their presence there. For all you know India could be the manufacturing base for some of these countries as they all use right hand drive cars. Not sure on Brazil launch but we could be ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
Fiat India would be nuts to believe that a 4 yr old model would sell like hot cakes.
The Linea isn't a four year old model and Yes! the Linea has more than enough potential to sell like hot cakes and even erase all of FIAT India's previous misdemeanors if priced correctly. The enthusiasm on this Website is enough to justify that but pricing is the key factor.
Old 21st October 2008, 06:39   #49
BHPian

I had shied away from posting too much on Linea lately, specially when I have nothing informative to offer.

But somehow, sidindica's past records force me to believe to a great extent. Moreover, my instinct says that autocarcr is someone connected with Fiat who has been sent to the forum recently to divulge info on Linea

From the time I heard about the delay of Linea launch, I was consoling myself about the delay by dreaming that Fiat has more to offer, specially in enigne specs, for the Indian market. Hope it comes true as autocarcr mentioned about 120 bhp multijet, even if it is the 1.3L one that is available on Alfo Romeo (I think, Alpha Romeo stretches this enigine upto 130bhp, and 1.4 T-jet upto 150bhp). Sorry guys, all day dreaming. I might end up with 120bhp T-jet or 90bhp MJD.

But seriously it is ridiculous on the launch dates (from different forums):
Sept 04 - on the ganapati pooja
Sep 15 or 16
Oct 2
All went wrong. And now yet to see:
Oct 26, just before Diwali.

Linea has taught me a lesson, i.e. how to be patient hahaaaa
Honestly, I am mentally prepared to wait till early 2009 also. But these launch dates floating around the net are really teasing me every now and then.
Old 21st October 2008, 08:33   #50
BHPian

If the prices are anything in the range which autocarcr mentioned, then you cant get a better VFM deal anywhere else.

We are getting the most advanced and latest technology from one of the best company.

Fiat cars always are great, I like the Palio still, But its too outdated. But as a car its wonderful and rock solid.

Another problem is with the after sales and service. Fiat has always been bad at it. Surely they will have a different plan for this wonderful car
Old 21st October 2008, 09:17   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
But somehow, sidindica's past records force me to believe to a great extent. Moreover, my instinct says that autocarcr is someone connected with Fiat who has been sent to the forum recently to divulge info on Linea

But seriously it is ridiculous on the launch dates (from different forums):
Sept 04 - on the ganapati pooja
Sep 15 or 16
Oct 2
All went wrong. And now yet to see:
Oct 26, just before Diwali.

Linea has taught me a lesson, i.e. how to be patient hahaaaa
I am positive Linea will NOT be launched before Diwali. I am seeing ads in the newspapers about the best way to spend Diwali is by buying Fiat Palio at a bargain price [that gives upto 26 kmpl mileage!] - I atleast know of few other ways of celebrating Diwali better!

And, going by sidindica's track records, I pray and wish he is correct about 120 BHP Linea.
Old 21st October 2008, 10:02   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
The Linea isn't a four year old model and Yes! the Linea has more than enough potential to sell like hot cakes and even erase all of FIAT India's previous misdemeanors if priced correctly. The enthusiasm on this Website is enough to justify that but pricing is the key factor.
All these will hold good only if they at least reveal a date by which they are going to launch it else FIAT is going to loose most of the potential buyers. Not sure how many Aam Janatha go hunting for a car knowing all technical details of it.

I liked the way DZire was launched with a count down on their site.
Old 21st October 2008, 10:48   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post

- Suspension (Mc Pherson Strut) with dynamic handling (A, D, E, E+)

Total Prce On road (approx estd.)
A) Active Rs 780000 on road B) Dynamic Rs 870000 on road c) Emotion Rs 930000 on road d) Emotion + Rs 1080000 on road

A) Active Rs 690000 B) Dynamic Rs 775000 C) Emotion Rs 880000 D) Emotion+ Rs 944000
What on the earth is "dynamic handling"?
What are these prices for? Diesel or Petrol?
What is a stabilizer for EPS? This to me is a disappointment that many manufacturers now are going towards EPS.

I hope these specs are correct. That will be one heck of a car if it is thus specced and thus priced.
Old 21st October 2008, 11:16   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Eddy : ... sometime between October and December
Eddy, that's correct ! It's October now, and the launch is in December.

Jokes aside, the launch is in December. TM Dealers are being trained up for this.
Old 21st October 2008, 11:22   #55
BHPian

I'm highly suspicious about the prices and feature set, so would take this information with two pinches of salt
Those features per variant looks overblown to me. I guess the information is only half true.
But ... How I wish I'm wrong here :d
Old 21st October 2008, 11:28   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Eddy, that's correct ! It's October now, and the launch is in December.

Jokes aside, the launch is in December. TM Dealers are being trained up for this.
Aye, Aye, we delay our purchase decisions till December and then FIAT will have another amnesia attack (just like they did before) on what they promised and the launch will be next year
Old 21st October 2008, 11:30   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

@AA, this is from a staff member, so I would go with it. It also ties in with the update on this thread about the soft launch in Dec.
Old 21st October 2008, 11:36   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@AA, this is from a staff member, so I would go with it. It also ties in with the update on this thread about the soft launch in Dec.
No worries, it's just that I'm really really frustrated with this whole fiasco.

I put off all my car purchase decisions since April this year, waiting for the Linea, and now finally after I decide to go and book my new vehicle in this week, out comes another story about the linea being launched asap. This is the 3rd time it's happening and believe me I'm really irritated with FIAT too. A darn good car, and a murderous sales management team.
I have a requirement to have my new car by December since in Mid Dec I'm usually off for a month and on a driving holiday.
Old 21st October 2008, 11:40   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
What is a stabilizer for EPS? This to me is a disappointment that many manufacturers now are going towards EPS.
I can understand your disappointment. I have heard from some people that when power steering came first time in small cars (e.g. alto, zen), people advised against it saying that it is dangerous as it does not give the real feel of a non-power steering.
Old 21st October 2008, 11:58   #60
BHPian

This car seems to be doomed even before it is launched...expectations are far too high!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks