Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2008, 09:55   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
Hmm! So now is this true???
what do you mean by that?? its as simple as FIAT finally giving out launch month.
Old 24th October 2008, 16:42   #107
BHPian

I have driven around 15k on a used palio, which I bought six months back.
No service complaints yet. For a car that is five years old, it rides waaaay better than, say, new santros. I was driving my friend's i10 the other day, and it felt like a toy(no offence to i10 fans and owners).
The ONLY drawback of fiat, and a big drawback, is the resale. So, incase you are planning to keep a car for less than 3 years, do not go the fiat way.
Old 24th October 2008, 17:42   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
If the soft launch is in Dec2008 and i suspect it to be end of dec then people will be able to see the car at end of jan and will get delivered by late feb or march start. Thats very very late!
It just might be a blessing in disguise. Perhaps, (prayers included) the carnage at the stock markets will ease and the financial situation world over will improve. With higher interest rates on car loans and lower returns on the financial sector, lots of folks are either postponing or cancelling their purchase or moving a segment lower. To splurge around rupees ten lacs on a Linea now seems a lot more difficult than it did till about just five months ago.

I still say pricing and loading the Linea over the top is the key to pull in the customers; else Linea enthusiasts just might become Grande Punto or Hyundai i20 buyers…
Old 24th October 2008, 18:20   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
In that case, i don't understand why the Linea thread has run so long? If the company is so bad, what is the point in this endless speculation and wait? I would advise people to go ahead and book their ANHC, Altis, XYZ option and go ahead if they think the Linea is taking too long.
Actually, if you look outside the forum or PUG, that is exactly what is happening. Most people (the buying public) are not even aware/bothered of a new product from Fiat. That does not bode well for the future of the company.
Old 24th October 2008, 18:24   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Actually, if you look outside the forum or PUG, that is exactly what is happening. Most people (the buying public) are not even aware/bothered of a new product from Fiat. That does not bode well for the future of the company.
True!

Just see what happens when you mention to a well wisher (not knowledgable about cars as such) that you want to go in for a Fiat!

"Are you Mad? Flop Car? Flop Company? Mileage?" is what you would get to hear! :(
Old 24th October 2008, 18:57   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
True!

Just see what happens when you mention to a well wisher (not knowledgable about cars as such) that you want to go in for a Fiat!

"Are you Mad? Flop Car? Flop Company? Mileage?" is what you would get to hear! :(
Exactly that will be the reply .Even my uncle told me the same when i want to buy palio 1.6."Are you crazy?Old gen car,no mileage,bad A.S.S, lot of other things.Normal people(outside forum) only know about new car when they see ad's on TV or from news paper.
Old 24th October 2008, 19:14   #112
BANNED

True! Ain't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Even my uncle told me the same when i want to buy palio 1.6."Are you crazy?Old gen car,no mileage,bad A.S.S, lot of other things.
But ain't that almost true when it comes to Palio?
Perceptions don't just grow out of context. There should be some fire when there's a big smoke!

I wish Fiat would change all these with it's new Linea!
Old 24th October 2008, 19:19   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Exactly that will be the reply .Even my uncle told me the same when i want to buy palio 1.6."Are you crazy?Old gen car,no mileage,bad A.S.S, lot of other things.Normal people(outside forum) only know about new car when they see ad's on TV or from news paper.
Damn right. My dad came to know Corolla Altis is coming when he read the ad in TOI and we on the forum knew it ages back
Old 24th October 2008, 20:03   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
But ain't that almost true when it comes to Palio?
Perceptions don't just grow out of context. There should be some fire when there's a big smoke!
I wish Fiat would change all these with it's new Linea!
Well perceptions are perceptions because they are only thought to be so. Need not be correct. Old Pre-NV Palio was perceived as fuel inefficient due to Odometer problem when it was not so, 1.6 is perceived to be inefficient but it runs 1.6 engine and it gives excellent FE when compared with any other 1.6 engine, 1.6 was perceived to be less FE because it was compared with Santros and Wagon-Rs (1 segment below).

If Marutis, Hyundais, Tatas are still selling 10 years cars like 800, Alto, Santro, Wagon-Rs, Indica, there is no point beating up Fiat for Palio. With all its age, it is still the best built hatchback in India.

I am not saying that Fiat should not change (it badly needs to change) but beating up anything Fiat just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 24th October 2008, 21:26   #115
Senior - BHPian

So i guess the horrible service and the lack of parts is some kind of a perception too eh??
Old 24th October 2008, 23:01   #116
BHPian

Guys!!
At last FIAT has given a date.

I spoke to a friend at Concord Motors. He is in the marketing department.
He say FIAT r back, and loads of guys who walk in for TATA else FIAT cars, are aware that FIAT isd launching new cars such as GP & Linea, He say FIAT are surely back majorly due to Swift VDI, as the entire country is aware its a FIAT engine.

when pushed he hinted the Linea to be positioned between C&D segment. and it will be a huge success....

What more can i say LETS WAIT & WATCH. I am keeping my fingers Crossed.
I must add ALL THE BEST FIAT.
Old 24th October 2008, 23:34   #117
BANNED

Another promising note and again, let's wait and watch!

This time again, let's pray for all ALL THE BEST.
Old 25th October 2008, 00:03   #118
BANNED

Chillax! Dec Is Almost Here...

HEY! ITs not like well buy the car as soon as it releases. But seriously the car is so anticipated and so famed that this forms THE largest group of posts EVER on Team-BHP so I trust FIAT that the car they launch will be worth it in every aspect!

49 DAYS TO GO (APPROX)
Old 25th October 2008, 00:48   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
49 DAYS TO GO (APPROX)
Are you sure it isn't 31st December 08 ? That'd make it much more than 49 days.
Old 25th October 2008, 15:05   #120
Senior - BHPian

Once more, FIAT are back. I am tired of hearing this again and again. They are obviously very confused. Fiat discontinues 1.6 Palio, then again they launch it.

Linea is a good product, no doubt, but then agian positioning between C & D is not a nice thing to do. Maximum they can take is 8 lakhs. They cannot dream to price this car around G3HC with the existing motor. Rs. 8-9 lakhs is OK for FIAT Linea if the motor would be 1.6 120bhp version.
Again as usual for FIAT, A.S & S. would be controlled by Tata and not FIAT. Hope that finally step-motherly treatment would go away.

A few issues.
1) Availability of dealers. The dealers are far less in number to sell the car itself. I dont think that Tata will allow selling of FIAT Linea. If it does, its good.

2) A.S & S.

3) The palio was a huge success initially and then waiting list for even reasonably small number. Hope they sort the things out before coming into war zone.

4) Expected a better motor. Octavia is also 90bhp, but it is a large motor. I am sure there will be some issues regarding the highway performance, though not of cruising. More power and torque would be more appreciated.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks