Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 18:15   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
What on the earth is "dynamic handling"?
What are these prices for? Diesel or Petrol?
What is a stabilizer for EPS? This to me is a disappointment that many manufacturers now are going towards EPS.

I hope these specs are correct. That will be one heck of a car if it is thus specced and thus priced.
Dynamic handling is that the car will be heavily responsive as well as road intelligent and will use ABS, EBD in correct co-ordination when a car destabilises. Stabiliser is when one person (like many of these truck and bus drivers) lose control of the steering wheel, ABS will come into motion along with EBD with immeadiate effect according to driver movements and the trip computer will come of help. Hey the easier to drive the better the road presence ad trust me the car is taking this long because so many features have to be cross checked on Indian roads. THAT IS THE PRIME REASON and if Emotion+ comes with the fully loaded features then what the heck! Oh! The Prices are for Petrol Active, Petrol Dynamic and Petrol Emotion the Emotion + is the Diesel 120BHP Multijet although you can expect the petrol prices will start from the second row of options (RS 690000 onwards) and the diesel prices from first row. Prices will heavily vary depending on the multitude of enginges and the features you opt for!

HOPE IT COMES SOON? Does anyones relative belong to Fiat Id like to knock some sense into the CEO- why is he not launching the car!!!!!!???? Im tired of waiting!!!!!!
Old 21st October 2008, 19:04   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
No worries, it's just that I'm really really frustrated with this whole fiasco.

I put off all my car purchase decisions since April this year, waiting for the Linea, and now finally after I decide to go and book my new vehicle in this week, out comes another story about the linea being launched asap. This is the 3rd time it's happening and believe me I'm really irritated with FIAT too. A darn good car, and a murderous sales management team.
I have a requirement to have my new car by December since in Mid Dec I'm usually off for a month and on a driving holiday.
@autoenthusiast - getting confused again is it even if it is in december you aren't going to get delivery in time for your december holiday - i say stick to the sporty blue ford fiesta 1.6S
Old 21st October 2008, 19:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post

Dynamic handling is that the car will be heavily responsive as well as road intelligent and will use ABS, EBD in correct co-ordination when a car destabilises. Stabiliser is when one person (like many of these truck and bus drivers) lose control of the steering wheel, ABS will come into motion along with EBD with immeadiate effect according to driver movements and the trip computer will come of help. Hey the easier to drive the better the road presence ad trust me the car is taking this long because so many features have to be cross checked on Indian roads.
Too much of electronics doing the driving! But if the end result is good, who cares? Hope it does not take the fun away from the driver.
Old 21st October 2008, 20:01   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Dynamic handling is that the car will be heavily responsive as well as road intelligent and will use ABS, EBD in correct co-ordination when a car destabilises. Stabiliser is when one person (like many of these truck and bus drivers) lose control of the steering wheel, ABS will come into motion along with EBD with immeadiate effect according to driver movements and the trip computer will come of help.
----

HOPE IT COMES SOON? Does anyones relative belong to Fiat Id like to knock some sense into the CEO- why is he not launching the car!!!!!!???? Im tired of waiting!!!!!!
Hey dude, nice information...

Buddz , in one of the pdf files which i downloaded from fiat linea it says that there are only two versions of diesel 1) 1.3 Multijet and 2) 1.3 Multijet Dualogic both these diesel versions have 90 BHP, the 120 BHP is on Petrol (1.4 TJET).... Am i missing anything here ??
Old 21st October 2008, 20:37   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
@autoenthusiast - getting confused again is it even if it is in december you aren't going to get delivery in time for your december holiday - i say stick to the sporty blue ford fiesta 1.6S
Yes my friend, just went to the Ford dealer today and got the quote. Am done with FIAT (unless we all see a miracle from them).
Old 22nd October 2008, 08:28   #66
BHPian

I had send a mail to FIAT CEO requesting for a launch date and this is what he replied.

Date: Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 8:30 AM
Subject: RE: CEO Corner Comment
To: Joe Cherian <jxxx@xxx.com>

Dear Joe,
I have already forwarded your mail to my marketing team and they are contemplating a move against the competition, to keep the buzz around Linea. This should be done at the earliest. We are just contemplating the reach and the media to be used for the same.
Please do not push me further as I would not be able to disclose any further than this

Regards,
Rajeev Kapoor
Old 22nd October 2008, 08:43   #67
BHPian

phew atleast they are at the stage of contemplating
but good try man atleast we got something out from them even though it only indicates they are planning take down competition and take over the indian car market
Old 22nd October 2008, 09:27   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
but good try man atleast we got something out from them even though it only indicates they are planning take down competition and take over the indian car market
Is that the reason G3NHC hasnt released its Base model till now. Must be waiting for the linea to launch so it can give fiat a knockout punch.
Old 22nd October 2008, 10:44   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Is that the reason G3NHC hasnt released its Base model till now. Must be waiting for the linea to launch so it can give fiat a knockout punch.
OT

The New City E will be delivered only after Feb so that unsold stock of City Zx is cleared .
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:35   #70
BHPian

If the specs listed here are true it will be quite a decision for buyers to choose between the ANHC and the Linea, hell it will be quite a decision for Linea buyers to choose a Linea version itself given the variants and the large feature set.

Given both cars are equally spacious and leaving aside preferences and legitimate concern about Fiat after service, the major decision makers will be the engines in terms of power, the surprisingly ordinary and rather bare look of the AHNC interiors and the extremely large feature set of the Linea, and to top it all if Fiat go aggressive on pricing for instance the Dynamic at 8.7 on road and emotion which is fully loaded with features not seen at 9.3 look very attractive in comparison.
Old 22nd October 2008, 17:35   #71
BHPian

Any idea if they are going to launch Dua logic version also in either Petrol or Diesel trim ?
Old 22nd October 2008, 22:21   #72

I think, Diwali soft launch is yet another false alarm! Dealer here in Goa hasn't a clue about the Linea!
Old 22nd October 2008, 22:51   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcoll View Post
I think, Diwali soft launch is yet another false alarm! Dealer here in Goa hasn't a clue about the Linea!
hehehehe, nothing but empty airspace my friends. All being taken for a generous ride by FIAT the way I have been for the past 8 months. Have hopped off the band wagon now.
Old 23rd October 2008, 00:03   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
Whilst I give partial credit to the initiator of this thread for the effort he has taken over offering all the information that he has, in actuality it is still half baked and exploratory. Also, browse through the other Linea threads on this very Website and you realize that this is a concise version of what has been mentioned and contemplated several times before.

it truly amazes me on the depth, details and accuracy of information that he managed to derive, all in just one (presumably telephone) conversation right from the colour variants to the HID lamps with washers. Huge reserves of patience from both parties even if this talk happened in person.
Finally! I don't get this i-need-to-post-the-first-scoop mentality. People should post if they have some *new* info rather than rehashing everything thats already been said.

Quote:
Stabiliser is when one person (like many of these truck and bus drivers) lose control of the steering wheel, ABS will come into motion along with EBD with immeadiate effect according to driver movements and the trip computer will come of help.
A trip computer is used as a tripmeter, odometer, fuel efficiency meter. It is a very very very simple device that will hardly have the processing power to pull off what you just said - if indeed such a thing exists.
Someone said 2 pinches of salt? Please make that 20 for me. :P
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:24   #75

the only reason there is so much interest and speculation in this thread is because the Linea is a true Italian Beauty!!....Bellissima!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed