Old 8th April 2005, 12:42   #16
BHPian

yeh dil maange more
Old 8th April 2005, 12:43   #17
BHPian

right

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec
Hey VS santro may be a nice car but dont you think it is highly over-rated. .
yes, it is but just try driving it.
I did a couple of times. pretty Nippy and in the city Santro is good enough.

Not that I would buy one.
Palio and Fusion+ are enough.
Old 8th April 2005, 12:53   #18
vtec

Drove a Santro but then really did not like it. Found wagon R to be much much better. Also Santro lacks a Tacho, Dual SRS air bags and ABS(available only in the automatic Santro) as compared to the Wagon R.

Old 8th April 2005, 13:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey VS santro may be a nice car but dont you think it is highly over-rated. ..... 5 seater Santro who cares a damn.
You seem to be an intelligent car buyer. More power to you. But do keep in mind that there are thousands of people out there who will buy Hyundai because of the Sha Rukh Khan association, drink coke because of Aishwarya Rai etc. This cannot be changed. Thats the way marketing works and I must admit Hyundai has done a good job of it.

If you feel their cars are not the 'best' and that you are better off buying a less popular option then go all out and do so. The very fact that you have defied popular logic gives its own high. And yes, even I feel that the Wagon R is a far better product than the Santro.
Old 8th April 2005, 13:14   #20
BANNED

They should get rid of Shah Rukh Khan and use the money they save to drop the prices.
Old 8th April 2005, 14:03   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey buddy,
I agree with you completely about hyundai but i still feel the santro and GETZ are good cars.
Hyundai has lost the plot by launching the santro first and as most of their buyers buy the car without taking a proper test drive, hyundai has become over confident with all their models while their marketing has become worse. (even worse then FIAT)
Remember that ad which said that "more santro buyers fly abroad as compared to owners of other small vehicles"
Wierd
Old 8th April 2005, 14:36   #22
BHPian

Infact, I saw a White Getz today in the IT Highway in Chennai
God, it looked gorgeouus from behind(what a term to use).
whatever said and done, brand ambassadors do make an impact, albeit sub consiously atleast.
umm, i would mind drinking what Ash does.
what a beauty she is.
Old 8th April 2005, 14:46   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

But the Red Getz looks the best.
With alloys it looks even better.
God i love that car but it is nothing compared to a palio, specially the GTX.

Last edited by lamborghini : 8th April 2005 at 14:50.
Old 8th April 2005, 15:13   #24
Team-BHP Support

When Hyundai came into india, they made a car that ran well, was comfortable, value for money, good for six footers and great after sales service. Now it seems that success has gone to their head. There earlier ads used to imply that Santro owners are more educated and others are buffoons or taxi drivers(Most probably for indica). Also their dealers have also started getting the attitude, take it or get lost. Nowadays when you give your santro for service, the wash quality is horrible, and they dont even fix all the problems!

Its good that the sales are declining now. The indica is selling more than Santro now, and soon wagon R will also overtake. With the swift coming Getz should get good competition. Now if only Indigo Petrol had better quality 4-5lacs would have become an interesting segment. Lets see what Logan does in 2007.

As of now the only car hyundai can boast to be an exceptional machine is the Crdi, the rest all is common.
Old 8th April 2005, 15:16   #25
vtec

Hey Thanx Fiat.

But dont you think that in real life brand ambassadors really dont do much. For instance The Maruti Versa which was launched at 6 lacs with the best ambassador a person can have the Baachans what happened to the car its just no where in the market nowadays never seen one(maybe must have seen but then i must have mistaken it for Tata Tempo) Now what the price has been slashed to 3.5Lacs. Thats one example. Second is of one of the favourite cars at team-bhp the Palio/Sienna(Now Petra). Did Sachin put any less efforts then Shah Rukh
I really dont think that any sensible person(at least a Bhpian) would buy a car just cause of some one marketing for it. Its just that buyers are not aware of the Wagon R as Santro is all over the newspapers. Hyundai is over done its job of marketing i guess. I really dont mind buying a less popular option. Would love to buy the Petra but then the dealer near by packed up and the dealership turned into some rick showroom.

Boom shiva i totally agree with you that they should get rid of Shahrukh and preity and decrease the prices or add more features. Hyundain advertise about 5 seat belts then should not Maruti advertise about a Tacho. Its just that Maruti really does not bother as it has too much market share to handle some thing around 55% if i am not mistaken. Lambo Getz and Santro are good in what terms? Just looks. All hyundai cars have only show and no go. They dont perform at all compared to other cars in their same segment. They really market like crap what has specific car owners got to do with flying abroad or maybe Hyundai wants to say that Santro is such a crappy car that their owners fly aboroad least bothered that any one is gonna steel their ugly peace of machinery. Or maybe they are tired of driving cars like Santro that they have to fly abroad. Maybe i need to start off a new thread Why people buy Santro. Just like some had started before Why people buy Zen. VS IMHO brand ambassadors really dont do much help excpet gobbling up a few bags of cash. AS stated above in the Fiat/Versa case. Yah and i totally agree nothing compared to a GTX. Lambo you buy a car for looks then Getz is the way for you but i buy for VFM and dont think Getz is VFM. As far as looks are concerned thats something that you can make it look better with Alloys. Look at Rudras Ambby. Woooooooooooow thats something i would buy leaving the Sonata out as well. Well all these are my personal views and are not part of standard equipment

Old 8th April 2005, 15:39   #26
vtec

Vtec vs Tornado

Once upon a time i used to wonder why people buy the Vtec when the Hyundai Accent Torando comes 2 lacs cheaper and has more features and has ABS, CD, etc. Also looks nice as nice as the Vtec. Boasts of more power then the Vtec. 1600 cc DOHC comapared to City 1500cc SOHC and Tornado havind 103 PS just 3 Ps short of the VTec. But once i drove i came to know that all power was put on paper and even a stock Esteem was way faster then the Tornado

Old 8th April 2005, 17:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Thanx Fiat.

But dont you think that in real life brand ambassadors really dont do much. For instance The Maruti Versa which was launched at 6 lacs with the best ambassador a person can have the Baachans what happened to the car its just no where in the market nowadays never seen one(maybe must have seen but then i must have mistaken it for Tata Tempo) Now what the price has been slashed to 3.5Lacs. Thats one example. Second is of one of the favourite cars at team-bhp the Palio/Sienna(Now Petra). Did Sachin put any less efforts then Shah Rukh
Hey! If you are referring to me then I am not 'Fiat'. LOL

Hmmm. Those are interesting points that you raised. However keep in mind that SRK was advertising a car that was in direct competition with the Zen and M800 (kind of) and now even the Wagon R and Indica. Put yourself in the shoes of an average Indian car buyer, who just buys his car to go from point A to point B. Which car do you think he would buy? Do you think he will really go and serioulsy evaluate the car as a car or just pick something up because his/her favourite actor is endorsing it .. and that too so strongly.

Regarding the Versa - please remember that Maruti was trying to create a new segment with that vehicle. They failed in creating that segment. It was not that Amitabh could not sell the Versa. He sure did. But he could sell the idea of owning one. If Amitabh had started endorsing the WagonR, then we might have had fireworks.

Regarding the Palios and Petras, well even God wont be able to save Fiat unless they start providing the basic that is expected from people.

The point I am trying to make is that celebrity endorsements will work if you are trying to differentiate your product in some way from the competition. This of course assumes that there is a level playing field and the competitors are kind of on par.
Old 8th April 2005, 17:42   #28
vtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Hey! If you are referring to me then I am not 'Fiat'. LOL
My sincere apologies to you for this mistake.. i forgot to see your name and looked at your avtaar.

But dont you think that if the Bachaans would have advertised for the Wagon R it would be kewl. I doubt they would fit in the first place.

Maruti has learned the lesson after advertising for the versa. No more brand ambassadors. better use the money in R & D. talking about Marketting Marutis swift will surely blow Hyundai with the Swift marketiing. They have made a whole movie on the swift. But then thats suzukis idea i guess. Yash Raj has some conncetion with Suzukis

About Fiat that its all in their hands. They have to give what the people ask. Palio being a wonderful car and wonderful marketing as well poor service all ruined it for them.

Old 8th April 2005, 18:10   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Vtec,
the reason i like the Getz and the santro is that they do what they are supposed to be doing.
I.e they are good city cars and thats what they are meant to be doing.
Anyway, i am a hyundai hater and will stay that way unless i am convinced they are moving a step in the right direction like they did with the CRDi engines.
But their ads are pathetic and extra overhyped.
The elantra one with the dalai lama type of guy and the viva ad with it racing against F3 cars.
Some of their ads do not even make sense like the santro ad.
Old 8th April 2005, 18:30   #30
vtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Hey Vtec,
But their ads are pathetic and extra overhyped.
The elantra one with the dalai lama type of guy and the viva ad with it racing against F3 cars.
Some of their ads do not even make sense like the santro ad.
Its just like Petronas makes no sense what so ever and an Elantra jumping a bridge lol. Thats nothing i have some videos as well in which the Accent is on Two wheels. Not 1 but some few near the beach and Hyundai claims that they have been really done by professionals

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks