Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2006, 10:40   #91
BHPian

Note from moderator : Personal attacks on fellow BHPians are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment is dealt with severely.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 22nd June 2006 at 11:15.
Old 22nd June 2006, 10:55   #92
Senior - BHPian

That ethnic slur was uncalled for. Let's limit our discussions to cars/bikes.
BTW, speedzak did have a valid point, considering all the verbal diarrhea in favour of Hyundai and then the last sentence proving where the loyalty actually lies.
Old 22nd June 2006, 10:55   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar
You mean to say you read the whole conversation........ lol

EDIT: Whatever be it. When a person is able to afford only one small car and if that car has to be used as a family car then there's nothing else there which would fit the bill other than the Santro, even Wagon R interior is a lil cramped. Five of us have gone to Kollur from trivandrum and we were able to sit properly in the Santro. Accent also is not a bad car for that budget. Sonata, Elantra, Tucson & Terracan don't justify their price tags.

As a car the Santro or the Accent Crdi are not bad. But i don't like the company Hyundai and i don't like their advertising tactics and i don't like their attitude and i don't like their heritage.

The above said was the mind speaking... Heart tells me to choose WagonR over the Santro any day... and i think i would do it Yes i'm biased!

Note from mod : I guess all of you have made your points. Its difficult to change opinions which have been formed over years, no matter how untrue. So lets stop it right here before this flame war gets ugly.
You can be biased. Nobody will interfere in that. But never think everyone will have the same opinion like you. Just read this two links. Not for changing ur mind but just a bit of information. Worth reading..

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Stor...8D%7D&keyword=

http://www.jinbn.com/2006/06/16211758.html
Old 22nd June 2006, 10:58   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76
You're a true malayali man........no doubt at all. Literate but no common sense...
No personal insults, please. Further, insulting your own kind is like shouting insults at the mirror.
Old 22nd June 2006, 10:58   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
That ethnic slur was uncalled for. Let's limit our discussions to cars/bikes.
BTW, speedzak did have a valid point, considering all the verbal diarrhea in favour of Hyundai and then the last sentence proving where the loyalty actually lies.
Hello, when a new car is released I think everyone will be eager to drive it be it a honda or hyundai or even the amby. But telling about Civic factor, I think the better car except in looks inside and outside will be the Corolla or even the Elantra.
Old 22nd June 2006, 11:03   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
No personal insults, please. Further, insulting your own kind is like shouting insults at the mirror.
Sorry but his postings made me write like that. Ignoring his invalid comments from now on...
Old 22nd June 2006, 13:01   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello, when a new car is released I think everyone will be eager to drive it be it a honda or hyundai or even the amby.
Maybe in your case, but not necessarily with everyone. If we go around testdriving each new car, then I don't think we will be left with much time for anything else. But, I agree that if a new car that interests us is released, we might be eager to check it out.

Quote:
But telling about Civic factor, I think the better car except in looks inside and outside will be the Corolla or even the Elantra.
What's the basis for that statement ? The Civic is not even released here and you say it is not as good as the Corolla/Elantra. Lets wait for the release to know the specs before speculating about how good or bad it is.
Old 22nd June 2006, 13:09   #98
Senior - BHPian

hYUNDAI ROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
Santro is the largest selling car. period.
No amount of bad mouthing by us will change that.
A tinBox on wheels. So be it. Who cares?
it rides well in the city and that is about it.

What about the build quality of Toyota and Honda?
great engines in ordinary looking and dated bodies(i mean the corolla) you win some lose some. Toyotas and Hondas are also not here in India for charity..

Sometimes I believe that the americans are better.
Look at sail 1.6, Ikon 1.6. very Good cars.
yUp,
Agree with you..vsnatarajan..The Hondas and the Toyotas are not here for charity and they do not give us the class expected of their brands..The Hyundais do much better but for a few of you tbhpians who have had bad experiences because of the dealer points.
Old 22nd June 2006, 13:59   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Maybe in your case, but not necessarily with everyone. If we go around testdriving each new car, then I don't think we will be left with much time for anything else. But, I agree that if a new car that interests us is released, we might be eager to check it out.

What's the basis for that statement ? The Civic is not even released here and you say it is not as good as the Corolla/Elantra. Lets wait for the release to know the specs before speculating about how good or bad it is.
Ok agreed and accepted. Let the Civic get released.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks