Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2005, 18:51   #46
BHPian

Hey lambo ,What are the limited edition JOSH spec please?
Old 9th April 2005, 19:25   #47
Senior - BHPian

I agree, Shah Rukh Khan was brought in to introduce the brand Hyundai, back in the late 90's when nobody had heard of them.

It was a great campaign IMO and they were able to create instant brand recognition and awareness. But, today every body knows what a hyundai is and they dont need SRK or any other celeb anymore. They need to focus on their core values which is to bring in latest technology at a VFM pricerange. (and copy designs from world class cars )

This is a classic case of success gone into their heads.
Old 9th April 2005, 20:58   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Vulken,
The 100JOSH edition is like the anniversary edition.
It is priced at a premium of 15K over the normal Flair and is a limited edition.
It is available in black, has music system, leather vinyl seat covers, fog lamps and the other usual Flair stuff like P/W, P/S, C Locking, A.C etc.
Old 9th April 2005, 21:59   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Hey Vulken,
It is priced at a premium of 15K over the normal Flair and is a limited edition.
So how much is it on mumbai road? any discounts offered on ikon??
Old 10th April 2005, 02:36   #50

Tough luck for me, I suppose

I just narrowed down my car pick to an Hyundai Santro AT. There aren't many variants of AT vehicles under 5L. And now this. What do you guys suggest for me ?

Is Hyundai really so bad as some guys make it out to be ? or is this just some "vent my frustration" thread.
Old 10th April 2005, 03:30   #51
Senior - BHPian

Hey Dude, Santro AT is a good car and is THE most popular automatic. I test drove a Santro AT in December and I liked it. The local Bangalore dealer (near Cauvery theater...can't seem to get the name) told me that 20% of all the Santros he sells are autos. So, at least you don't have to worry about your car going the way of the dodo.

I think Samurai mentioned having a Santro-AT. You can ask him for a review. Or check one of the old ACIs.

Hyundai has an attitude problem with their premium cars, but Santro is perfectly OK. Testimony to this are 10,000 Santro customers per month. You can also get ABS option for like 15K I think.
Old 10th April 2005, 08:50   #52
BHPian

they all sound quality consious!

first thing, i am not a Hyundai fan or anything.., but as part of my work, i have to talk to people from Hyundai, Samsung etc, as they are all our customers (i am talking about getting into conference calls with people working at their Seoul headquarters), and to me they sound very quality conscious, they always sit on our head about small issues with our software product, like one font being one point small, one dialog box not having standard buttons...

its possible that they all know how to squeeze the juice out of their vendors, but dont care much about their own product quality. But i always thought they are trying to emulate the japanese success with quality products...
Old 10th April 2005, 09:44   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
I think Samurai mentioned having a Santro-AT. You can ask him for a review. Or check one of the old ACIs.
Yes, I do have a Santro Xing AT. It is a great city car, very reliable and head ache free. I get about 9KMPL in city and 14 KMPL in highway, I always run on A/C. However, I will be selling it pretty soon, not because anything is wrong with it. I am buying a bigger C segment car pretty soon and I don't have additional parking slot since I live in a flat. Initially I was planning to keep it as second hand, it is such a handy car in a city. However, my wife hardly drives these days and I have to rent a parking slot, pay insurance, etc. Therefore we have decided to sell it right after getting the new car.

Hyundai makes very good cars for the masses. They provide fully loaded cars with great interiors at cheaper price backed up by excellent service. Their cars may not appeal to the heart, but they do make sense to the mind.

Santro AT is the only 4 speed auto under 7 lakhs. If you want an auto transmission small car, Santro is the car to buy.
Old 10th April 2005, 10:30   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Their cars may not appeal to the heart, but they do make sense to the mind.
That's all our questions answered in one statement.

Shan2nu
Old 10th April 2005, 11:22   #55
BHPian

i must express my diappontment at purchasing a santro too. it does not give me the mileage it claims. zero pep, zero pick up. try razing the car in first gear and i feel the engine will blow anytime
Old 10th April 2005, 11:29   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavit
i must express my diappontment at purchasing a santro too. it does not give me the mileage it claims. zero pep, zero pick up. try razing the car in first gear and i feel the engine will blow anytime
Hyundai cars are not performance cars by any stretch of imagination. Their ADs do mislead people into thinking they are performance cars, example Elantra ad.
Old 10th April 2005, 12:37   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Vulken,
the Joh 100 is for 5.70 on road Thane without octroi and after discounts and the right finance scheme, it can come down to 5.50 after finance.

Bornagain,
The Santro A/T is an awesome car, we are justsaying that the dealers have lost interest in selling the vehicles and are a bit lethargic.
My brother has a santro XG before which another secondhand santro and he loves both of them.
However after the run in of the new santro, it used to wobble at speeds above 80 kmph but it has now been rectified.
Old 10th April 2005, 13:10   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee
Santro just sells because of Shahrukh.
Come on buddy, how can you forget the lively "preety zinta" .
Old 10th April 2005, 13:15   #59
BANNED

sad ive never had issues with hyundai in 4 years. though i know that car lounge fellow who have hyundai, skoda, mitsubishi are the crappiest service center there is. fake parts and cocky people
Old 10th April 2005, 13:28   #60
Senior - BHPian

I have a strong feeling that the banned member vtec was a former banned member maybach.

Anyways....

I can see many people here who hate hyundai here....but anyways i'l put in some inputs as well.

I dont hate hyundais....not just because i own one....but because they are giving us sensible troublefree cars. Their quality is as good as anyones.

Yeah i agree that what it says on paper it does not deliver on road. But they arent so bad that people start cursing them.
We can all crib about the handling of hyundais....but they do ride reasonably well....ride is always at the expense of handling. Would you rather have a car that is out and out handling orientated? Its always going to be a compromise...

Yes the handling of an accent could have been better, but that tail happy nature and that fantastic CRDi engine are exactly what makes the car fun to drive. Atleast for me it works.
People say brakes are bad...i wouldnt disagree....but slap on some good rubber and see the difference.

And people including us members donot rip our cars everytime we drive do we? So hyundai makes a more practical and sensible choice.

Bottomline is that there will always be people who hate hyundai and there will always also be its followers.

I think we are biased towards other manufacturers against hyundai. To a common man i would happily suggest a hyundai. Its the more practical choice...which appeals to the masses.

Drifter

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks