Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2005, 19:01   #31
BHPian

Guys can we stick to 1 smiley/message rule?
These animated smileys simply distract (irritate) as one tries "to read between smileys".

Also in my opinion smileys make perfect sense only when they add some punch (read value) to the statement. What say?

We need not use them just because we have that facility. Do we go honking all the way just because the car has a horn.

No offense!

Last edited by Rock 'n' rollz : 8th April 2005 at 19:13.
Old 8th April 2005, 19:34   #32
BHPian

hey guys i too would love to bitch about hyundai that company is really going to the dogs when my family was test driving cars so that we could buy a car back in 2003 we test drove the zen the esteem and the accent of course marutis have a class of its own all maruti owners will agree with me althogh the accent was good the dealer told us the prices and my heart almost skipped a beat it was too much the dealer was continental they were very slow in their service also whenever you call them they alwasys put you on hold and that too for atleast 5 minutes it was really bugging in the end we bought a white zen vxi and believe me this is one of the best cars all over india it even looks better than the ddamb santro and the performance cannot be described in words as for hyundai i think they really should stop wasting money on bull s**t ads it is very annoying to see these dumb ads and they should use the money to bring better cars to india.
no offence to all u hyundai lovers and owners.
Old 8th April 2005, 19:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The elantra one with the dalai lama type of guy
This ad is a cheaper version of the BMW film called "The Chosen".

Shan2nu
Old 8th April 2005, 19:47   #34
Senior - BHPian

Now why Mr. Vtec is banned???
any explanations??
Old 8th April 2005, 19:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
any explanations??
GTO should be able to tell you that.

Shan2nu
Old 8th April 2005, 19:52   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do a search on his recent posts. Doubts will be put to a rest.

GTO
Old 8th April 2005, 19:53   #37
Senior - BHPian

Found nothing offensive.. maybe too much smilies..??...
Old 8th April 2005, 19:55   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Felling lazy to go check so can you guys please tell us.
Old 8th April 2005, 19:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

Too many smileys. He was sent a few PMs regarding this but, didn't pay attention to them.

Shan2nu
Old 8th April 2005, 19:59   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh.
Thank fully i do not use smilies.
But that is off topic so i will just go before i am sent another warning of posting unnecesarrily.
Old 8th April 2005, 20:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

Shan lost his "bichhadaa huva bhaai"? too bad that he is banned. I don't see any warning on the forum for him? He was new and may not have known how to check PM etc. May be he should have been given a public warning in forum (or was he warned in some other thread?)
Old 8th April 2005, 20:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

Note from Moderator : Please stick to the topic. Inquiries of the status of a particular member on the forum should not be discussed in the topic

Thanks
Old 8th April 2005, 23:32   #43
BHPian

Now that this topic has been diverted, my turn to bitch bout Hyundai...

There are these SWARMS of techies(no offence to anyone here... :lol ) who drive around in Accents, thinkin they're kings o the planet. Wht idiots. They start looking down on Zens, Esteems, and any other make except Lancers and Citys... they really don't know that a Zen wqhould beat the s*^t outta them anyday... the car itself is so cramped... and the interiors ate tacky in my oinion...
The Santro is dated, and the Zing looks like, and drives like uttter nonsense. Horrible engineering, both of them.
The Elantra is over-hyped, and is pathetic, and as someone pointed out it uses inferior technology (ABS, TCS, etc...)
The Terrecan is way too overpriced, and it doesnt live upto expectations... the only thing thats good in the cars from Hyundai is the CRDi engine tech... which could also do with lots of improvements... like a palio D engine...
The only good car I'd say is the Getz. And the only reason for that is the fact that the car was originally designed for Europe, where standard features have to be great to sell any numbers at all...

Don't even get me started on the ads... they've gone SO LOW, they're trying to sell the Santtro by claiming that it can ACTUALLY seat 5 PEOPLE??!!! Does that mean that the last Santros were rip-offs, meant to seat only 4 people??! I want to wait till they start selling the Santro that seats 6 people, and someone CONFIRMS in the ad that it actually has a stepney, suspension, and a gearshift - afterall, if they don't advertise the fact that they don't have this stuff, they must not have had it before according to the logic behind the ad campaign. What total morons.
All theses Hyundai cars are wannabe machines... tho they are decent for city use... kind of. I'd still prefer my City or Palio to any of those cars anyday...

BURN HYUNDAI, BURN.
Old 9th April 2005, 01:36   #44
BANNED

Aveek,
I share your thoughts about cheap Korean stuff (and Chinese stuff too). To clarify - my comparison is Elantra & Accent with Baleno, City, and Corolla. And I my vote is clearly not for the Koreans, it is cheap, and sub standard compared to the Japs. And, Santro just sells because of Shahrukh, and Toyota- Honda not wanting to play low margin games.
Cheers,
-Prasadee
Old 9th April 2005, 18:00   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Just finished calling Hyundai and Ford.
Here is what happened with Ford -
I called them up and the operator picks up.
Within a minute, i am speaking with a ales person who seems genuine and help me out a great deal with all the discounts and prices and seems as though he genuinely wants to help.
He gives me his name and contact number and says he will be in touch with me soon and is willing to send me a car to test drive.
He is willing to give me an exchange offer of 10K even though the car in question is a santro.
He tells me about the new limited edition Josh 100 (same as the anniv. moel) which is 15K more then the normal flair and quite good value for money.

On the other hand i called up 3 Hyundai dealers of which 2 are yet to call back.
The third one. Jyabharat Hyundai transferred the line in only 7 minutes.
The salesperson to whom i spoke seemed quite bored and sounded like the type of person who was not interested.
It was a bit tough to get him to understand what i was saying and surprisingly they did not have any loyalty discount on their vehicle.
In the end he started to talk to someone else and quietly put down the phone before i could finish asking.
If this is Hyundais attitude, i woner who will buy their car.
Seriously.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks