Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 13:29   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Greenhorn these RVMs have been available since long(Alto VXi & Zen had them) & I have the RHS one on my Alto
the internally adjusted ones are 2500/- pair and the externally adjustable ones are 1200/- pair. I've got the externally adjustable ones on my alto.
these prices are MGP prices.
Old 9th October 2009, 14:55   #77
Senior - BHPian

when I was buying an ORVM for a colleague's alto we were told that there were two, the alto, and the zen versions, but that both were only externally adjustable. guess the dude was wrong
Old 9th October 2009, 15:23   #78
BHPian

Is it recommended to get this done from offcial Maruti dealer or outside? What will be the price difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
the internally adjusted ones are 2500/- pair and the externally adjustable ones are 1200/- pair. I've got the externally adjustable ones on my alto.
these prices are MGP prices.
Old 9th October 2009, 16:11   #79
Senior - BHPian

Any MASS would be able to do it, or you can buy one from official spares shop & get it fixed from your local mech.

The RHS one Costs roughly 1300 & the LHS one around 1200

Please note that the cost is less if you have to replace them as during first installation you also incure cost for putting the internal part which holds the adjusting lever.
Old 9th October 2009, 17:39   #80
BHPian

finally all pictures of alto xcite limited edition..looks worth the extra money. If you are going to buy alto then better buy this limited edition

Maruti Suzuki Alto Xcite Limited Edition at Vicky SlideShow
Old 11th October 2009, 20:31   #81
BHPian

I had been Garuda Autocraft during this year's Vaahan Yatra for exchange of my 5 speed to Alto LXI. The offer given for my car was 1.05 Lacs to which I did not accept. I sold my car outside for 1,17,500/= on Sept 2nd. Yesterday evening, there was call from Garuda and i told them that i am waiting for the BS-IV version. I also enquired about the Alto Xcite - 3.46 lacs is the on-road price and there are no discounts; the regular Alto comes with a cash discount of 15,000, so the Alto LXI is 3.14 lacs on road, which means the Alto Xcite is costlier by 32,000 bringing its price very close to that of Chevy Spark which is no doubt a much better car (except for the mileage-the only reason i am going for it) with most of the features of Alto Xcite + 1000 cc engine + well-built car + 3-year maintenance free etc.!

Thanks gvvictor for the Xcite link - i just love this Passion Red colour - suits Wagon R very much as well.
Old 11th October 2009, 22:05   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sada View Post
I also enquired about the Alto Xcite - 3.46 lacs is the on-road price and there are no discounts; the regular Alto comes with a cash discount of 15,000, so the Alto LXI is 3.14 lacs on road, which means the Alto Xcite is costlier by 32,000 .
Hi, which dealer did you speak to? I spoke to 2 dealers in Bangalore (Bimal and Mandovi) and both of them said the 15K offer si valid on the Xcite version also. There is a corporate discount of another 2-2.5K if you work for certain companies (dont' have the list). So, the price difference between Lxi and Xcite is around 13K only.
Old 12th October 2009, 10:09   #83
BHPian

Garuda, Lalbagh Road - the person i spoke to is Mr. Praveen - he is the one who had evaluated my car - since he is a True Value guy, maybe he is not aware of the discount, but he did crosscheck with someone before confirming to me over the phone that there is no discount on Xcite.

Praveen also told me that there will be huge demand for the 2010 model and i can book the car now itself so that i get delivery from the first lot, which sounded silly to me.
Old 21st October 2009, 12:21   #84

@Sada, did he mention anything specific on the 2010 model, as in, will it come with the new KB10 engine (the one in the A-Star) or they will be using the same old engine with some alteration to confirm to the new emission norms?
Old 18th August 2015, 17:32   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Alto : Limited Edition variants (Xcite, Spice, Flash etc)

A new special edition from Maruti.

Maruti Alto 800 'Onam Edition'

Link

Quote:
The Maruti Alto 800 Onam edition comes with a special package of 15 new features including a music system with speakers, reverse parking sensors, designer seat covers, embroidered cushions, Onam graphics and decal, etc.. Interested customers can avail these additional features by paying a nominal amount of Rs. 17,350 over the ex-showroom price of the selected variant.

Most Viewed