Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2008, 17:09   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay sarin View Post
I understand that a very few number of cars are allocated to various dealers under this scheme. The number of 1.6 EXI and ZXI are dismal. .
i think this nothing but a marketting gimmick from ford. what kind of company is ford that it finishes its quota within 3 days. and cannot give the cars at the committed price for the 10 days it has advterised. i think this is lack of professionalism.
Old 12th December 2008, 17:42   #107

The catch here is that they have good quantities of Diesel cars. The advertised price was a bait for people to come and buy perhaps the diesel cars. The quantity of petrol cars they have sold IMO does not even justify the cost of big ads given by Ford..
Old 12th December 2008, 18:26   #108
BHPian

bad news guys!!
ford did not give me teh 4% price cut.i got a call from them today telling that ford had forseen the price cut from teh side of teh govt. and included teh 4% cut in their massive discount.
(so 75k for ZXi = ford year ending discount + 4% tax cut )
btw,i did hear one of my friends say that ford is planning to celebrate fiesta anniversary and planning to sell them at real low prices!!(can anyone confirm this!!)
Old 12th December 2008, 23:09   #109
BHPian

I have a bad feeling about this price cut the more thought I give it, seems like a conspiracy theory. Was out this evening in Hyderabad for a movie. What I noticed was there lots and lots of Fiesta's name the color and variant. What did surpise me though was I could not find any face-lifted 08 model at all. Dont know if all those cars were not out today.

But to think back not many new models are out(atleast in Hyd). So was this a gimmick? maybe or maybe not. What's even more sinister was a deja vu effect. In 2003 Dec i booked an Esteem VXi, it was having a discount of 40K + 10K exchange bonus. I got one in Jan 2004, which I still drive BTW. What happened after that just confused me. The price on the Esteem variants dropped by 36K in about 2 months. As the saying goes - History repeats itself, I think Ford is going to drop the prices on the Fiesta for good maybe not the same 1Lakh~ range but definately close see that happening next year.
Old 13th December 2008, 01:59   #110
BANNED

ford sounds a bit cocky now. they are not trying to make sales no more. they are out of the zxi and exi models now they are pushing me to get the sxi model. i told them i bought i10 instead lol he dint have a word to say and hung up.
Old 13th December 2008, 16:00   #111

Out of stock Fiesta Exi/Zxi

The same thing happened with me. I approached Modi, as well as the Fortune Ford Dealer, who I was working with initially. Both of them told me they ran out of the EXi and Zxi versions, and were trying to sell the Sxi to me instead.

The Sxi I had a test drive on didn't impress me with the suspension, and the whole airbag thing appeared to be an after thought, once the base version of the car was out. Between Sxi and the ANHC, the ANHC wins hands down all all fronts, except that its priced at an uncomfortable level.

So waiting. Waiting for a decision to merge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I have a bad feeling about this price cut the more thought I give it, seems like a conspiracy theory. Was out this evening in Hyderabad for a movie. What I noticed was there lots and lots of Fiesta's name the color and variant. What did surpise me though was I could not find any face-lifted 08 model at all. Dont know if all those cars were not out today.

But to think back not many new models are out(atleast in Hyd). So was this a gimmick? maybe or maybe not. What's even more sinister was a deja vu effect. In 2003 Dec i booked an Esteem VXi, it was having a discount of 40K + 10K exchange bonus. I got one in Jan 2004, which I still drive BTW. What happened after that just confused me. The price on the Esteem variants dropped by 36K in about 2 months. As the saying goes - History repeats itself, I think Ford is going to drop the prices on the Fiesta for good maybe not the same 1Lakh~ range but definately close see that happening next year.
Old 29th December 2008, 11:37   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

I just got off the phone with Shaman Ford.
They are offering a 87K Cash discount on the Fiesta TDCi All models.
This means the range will be between 7.5 - 8.7L OTR Mumbai depending on the model!
This is pretty good value for money, given that the Optra has a measly 35K in comparison.
Old 29th December 2008, 11:55   #113
BHPian

The Optra is in a different segment and much more powerful also has the Captivas CRDI engine to boast of.
Old 29th December 2008, 12:40   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
This means the range will be between 7.5 - 8.7L OTR Mumbai depending on the model!
This is pretty good value for money, given that the Optra has a measly 35K in comparison.
87K Cash discount on the Fiesta TDCi All models including "Sxi"
any news updates about 1.6 TDCi

Last edited by aks_karthik : 29th December 2008 at 12:42.
Old 29th December 2008, 12:46   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I think the 1.6 TDCi will come in 2010 with the new Avatar, if the Jan 2009 edition of AutoCar is to be believed.
Old 29th December 2008, 13:05   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Sir is this offer only for mumbai or all over india.I i get this offer in bhopal i will definitely buy 1.4 TDCI EXI i think this is great value for money at this price.
Old 29th December 2008, 13:22   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Year end offers to dispose off the 2008 stock I guess. The previous exercise led to massive bookings for the EXi and ZXi petrols. This time its the Diesels' turn
Old 29th December 2008, 15:40   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

@madhok: Even though the Optra is in a different segment, my cousin is choosing between these three (Verna CRDi, Fiesta TDCi and Optra TCDi). My point was that I am surprised that the Fiesta sells more and still has a bigger discount than the Optra.

Discount on all the variants including the SXi.
Check with the dealership nearest to you. I am planning on going to the Ford dealer tomorrow and confirming.
I am only scared that once the new fiesta comes out, will the current one replace the Ikon at a lower price point, thus messing up the resale value for the present one.
Old 29th December 2008, 16:04   #119
BHPian

I have heard that the company is planning to introduce a completely new Fiesta next year. Does anyone know what are company's future plans for the Fiesta?
Old 30th December 2008, 17:20   #120
BHPian

I called dealer here in bhopal he said 50K cash discount on exi tdci and 60k cash ddiscount on zxi tdci but if i get that 87k cash discount i think that would be a great deal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks