BHPian

It say's "click here>" in the banner but unable to click
Old 15th December 2008, 20:31   #77
BANNED

HMMM... Here is the click...

Here's the click and conformation ^
Old 15th December 2008, 21:29   #78
Senior - BHPian

Good. Finally they have announced a date. This is definitely better than making statements like last quarter, December etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightpower View Post
I clicked on it and it opened this link
Fiat India

Also noticed the 'about us' page that still talks about Linea and Grande Punto coming in 2008

Last edited by SilentEngine : 15th December 2008 at 21:32.
Old 15th December 2008, 21:50   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightpower View Post
Just watch the Linea logo. Its keeps change and say
http://www.fiat-india.com/images/letter-with-date.jpg
Old 15th December 2008, 22:19   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post

Here's the click and conformation ^
CEO
"FIAL"

Shouldn't that 'L' be 'T'?
Old 15th December 2008, 22:37   #81
BHPian

I think the car is good enough to buck the Fiat-bad-marketing theory. I was waiting for it but opted quite immediately for the new City after a test-drive and also because of the uncertainty surrounding Fiat. Still it looks like a great drive and I hope for their sake the general auto-market in India improves (but I feel things are going to get worse economically) and gives way to the pent-up demand (which I feel is quite high) - but maybe others can weigh in on that.
Old 16th December 2008, 11:32   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
CEO
"FIAL"

Shouldn't that 'L' be 'T'?
FIAL is "Fiat India Automobiles Ltd"

I doubt they'd make such a gaffe in such a serious brochure.
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:50   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
FIAL is "Fiat India Automobiles Ltd"

I doubt they'd make such a gaffe in such a serious brochure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I wish FIat India could do more than just a simple banner, just to keep the interest of prospective customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
Well said! But I still don't get the point though... Xylo will release on the 13th of January and considering Xylo is being advertised as a sedan modified @ 7 lacs, Linea will have a competitor- dosen't that deter FIAT? I mean they have been avoiding a launch date since September on fears of 'competition' from Honda City and now, they want to go head on with the Xylo- that seems stupid- Anyhow FIAT has always got its market statistics wrong... Good Car, Bad Marketing, Someone has got to bring this to Fiat's notice (not that it'll help in anyway). This kinds of market tactics are just ruining the image even more. At this rate theyll only get a bunch of people who choose to buy a car in January without realising that they have actually gone for a car that has been delayed beyond frustration... still my LAST hopes havn't dieed- anything beyond this date and I wont breath the word FIAT anymore!

WAITING.... -29 DAYS TO GO- HMPH!!!!!
yeah its true FIAL is fiat india automobile ltd..but what is wrong is that they have not mentioned that in brackets as all other companies do..that is so basic..they cant expect car buyers to know what FIAL means and that would give a bad first impression..Downsouth is right they should stop with their stereotypical marketing and advertising strategies.. its so sad how will they compete against xylo like autocarcr says first it was scared of launching because of honda city and now mahindra xylo..ufcurz they will be scared something we all have noticed that the there is a strong buzz about city and xylo throughout the market and webspace..these guys are geniuses with their strategies..its time that fiat adapts or learns sumthing from them
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/naveen/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/naveen/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 30th December 2008, 17:44   #84
BHPian

Just got more information from the dealer in Chennai.

There has been some recent launch in Mumbai for all sales people of Fiat (Tata Motors). All of them were put in a resort and given 4 cars to drive to their hearts content.

After driving this sales guy is so "ga ga" about this car, I cant tell you. Never seen him in this state of excitement, ever, in the last one year I have seen him. Let me classify that as a sales "gimmick".

But the interesting part of the conversation was that he confirmed that the car would be on display on the 15th of January. Its Pongal holidays in Chennai. So I guess there are no further delays. He also added that the car doesnt come in White or Black

I await to see the car and was also promised the first TD once the car comes. So all of you should call your respective dealers to book your TD.

This still doesnt make me happy as I have travel plans on the 10th of January.

If this information is any obsolete, regret the same.
Old 30th December 2008, 20:42   #85
BHPian

Prices are available on ACI website

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Old 30th December 2008, 20:50   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
The prices look damn tempting. Somehow there is no mention of Engine spec out there.
Old 30th December 2008, 21:36   #87
Senior - BHPian

the prices quoted are correct in the ACI.

dispatch of cars have started to dealers, as confirmed by one of my close sources at a Delhi showroom.

for specs and features, go to:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1087855
Old 30th December 2008, 21:36   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbalii View Post
He also added that the car doesnt come in White or Black
As per the Autocar link (which came AFTER your post, so I'm not contesting what you posted):

The car will be available in a total of six colours, three of which will be available immediately at launch. These include Flamengo Red, Perla Champagne and Hip Hop Black, while a little later buyers will have the option of Fox Trot Azure, Medium Gray (pictured) and Vocal White.
Old 30th December 2008, 21:51   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
the prices quoted are correct in the ACI.

dispatch of cars have started to dealers, as confirmed by one of my close sources at a Delhi showroom.
todays paper (business line) stated that over a 100 cars have been dispatched from the Fiat plant intended for the dealers.cheers:

The Hindu Business Line : Fiat despatches first batch of Lineas to dealers

Last edited by madan80 : 30th December 2008 at 22:01.
Old 30th December 2008, 22:01   #90
rippergeo

I'm not buying the car, but if I can get one of those VG turbos from Fiat's spare suppliers, its going straight into my Swift's engine. Is that a pipe dream?
So in a way, I'm hoping for an early launch for the Linea and cheap,easily available spares. Go Fiat Go!(Never thought I'd say that!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks