Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2009, 17:38   #121
BHPian

its always been the under-dog , if you remove the badge snobbery it would be a very able performer.

exactly what the person sitting at the back ordered but unfortunately in that segment its more to do with the badge and less to do with the function
Old 31st January 2009, 02:01   #122
BHPian

So lets get this right! the new transform has a more refined tunning than the earlier version giving it 10 bhp more than the earlier version! although the interior of the transform looks better than its earler version the earlier version exterior looks better!Now for the clincher the new transform mileage is higher or lower? because the older version claimed 14 on highway right? So which version is the real winner? (please refer to Crdi engine)
Old 31st January 2009, 23:49   #123
BHPian

hey guys need to verify if there was a Sonata Embera Crdi Automatic with 5 gears? I came across a website saying that there was a Hyundai Sonata Embera 2.0 CRDi AT [discontinued] which had a 5 speed automatic transmission!
Old 6th February 2009, 13:29   #124
BHPian

Test Drive

Did a test drive of the manual CRDi version.

- The interiors look much better.
- The only part i did not like was the beige and the fake wood
- At idle, there is some noise that does come through of the engine, but did not notice it when the rev was up
- Low end torque is good and i was very happy with both bumper to bumper traffic as well as some of the empty streches.
- Power kicks in post 2K and you do feel the G force when you stomp on the pedal
- Music system was OK, but they seem to have a USB port so one can just use a USB stick and not carry an iPOD (no CD changer though). 6 speakers + subwoofer
- HVAC was good with individual control - shows outside temperature as well..
- Decent storage space and lighting
- Has a trip meter, but did not check it..
- Visibility is good and has rear parking sensors
- Reverse gear is similar to the Opel - wonder if one would ever use the 6'th gear unless you are on one of the toll roads
- Apparently has autosensing mirrors to dim when there is a high beam behind you - could not check as it was day time
- Ample rear leg space and apparently there are rear vents below the front seats for cooling
- suspension is good (though tuned for city driving - so on the soft side) and the clearance is good as well (the usual speed breakers that my Baleno used to scrape were OK with this
- The FE according to the sales guy was 10-12 in the city and 16 on the highway, but the specs elsewhere (australia) are higher
- Huge boot space
- Tubeless tyres and did not drive faster than 100kmph or did any fast corners to judge the stability
- 4 year/80k warranty
- 2 airbags standard (with Passenger seat turn off capability) and 4 additional airbags as an option
- ABS/EBD but no traction control or electronic stability..

Great car overall except the beige/fake wood and is priced at
- 16.9L OTR (P/M)
- 18.11 OTR (D/M)
- 19.32 OTR (D/A)

The manual diesel may be the one to go for as the resale value and the FE combined makes it a good value proposition.

Last edited by rangaraj : 6th February 2009 at 13:32.
Old 6th February 2009, 14:28   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Great car overall except the beige/fake wood and is priced at
- 16.9L OTR (P/M)
- 18.11 OTR (D/M)
- 19.32 OTR (D/A)

The manual diesel may be the one to go for as the resale value and the FE combined makes it a good value proposition.
Did you also tried A/T anyhow ?

I am not sure how good will be a 4 Speed AT balance this huge monster !!
Old 6th February 2009, 14:41   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Did you also tried A/T anyhow ?

I am not sure how good will be a 4 Speed AT balance this huge monster !!
No.. I did not read any good reviews of the AT and i have driven the Pertrol AT version in the US and did not like the transition of the gears.. I was going to consider it only if the manual version meant too many gear changes in the city which was not the case..
Old 27th March 2009, 10:21   #127

[quote=rangaraj;1160737]Did a test drive of the manual CRDi version.

- ABS/EBD but no traction control or electronic stability..

How important is traction control and ESP???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks