Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2008, 20:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

The Hyundai sonata sold in India is a decent car.The new one looks half way decent .And much comfortable then the camry.I say this cause i have both.Also the interiiors of the camry are sad to say the least.Brand or no brand.If a car is good its good.I personally feel the rear seats of the camry are the most uncomfortable.
Old 19th December 2008, 12:08   #32
BHPian

Hyundai, I hope you will get the gear ratios right this time around with that fabulous crdi engine, the current CRDI embera is a complete car and the only annoying factor was the disappointingly mated 6 speed, with the kind of power band offered , I believe there is a lot you can do with the gearing. Hyundai are u listening !
Old 20th December 2008, 20:01   #33
BHPian

Looks great

Views on looks are somewhat personal. I love this upgrade of Embera. From the front and frontal side view, the curved headlights cluster towards the center grill looks awesome. It lloks smart and much more upmarket than the current Embera.

Though I agree with somebody who said that rubbing shoulders with Santro owners is a problem, I would disagree a bit - I have a Corolla and end up in between scores of drivers (Innova drivers) when I go to the service station, no space to park or sit and the place looks crowded. Its not much different from Hyundai service stations. How frequently do you visit these anyway ? It depends more on the A.S.S I would assume than rubbing shoulders.
Of course I am not disagrreing that Toyota's and Honda's have a higher brand value (not commenting on the right/wrong of that).
Old 20th December 2008, 23:20   #34

Much Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
I saw a Hyundai Sonata Embera with revised interiors yesterday. I was going to college on a MTC bus when the car overtook us at a bus stop so couldnt get any pics. It was a white one with two guys inside with a red temp registration. It was spotted in front of Saveetha Engg college, just three km away from the Hyundai factory on the Chennai - Banglore highway.The in interiors looked really good. I did a google and am pretty sure that this(following picture) was what I saw. It was in right hand drive form.
This looks much better inside and outside then the previous Sonata. We have to make sure that Hyundai dosent skimp on kit when it comes to an Indian Launch.
Old 24th December 2008, 19:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

the new issue of autocar india shows the new embera for india.
suprisingly the exteriors are inchanged with only minor modifications like a larger headlight and grille.
the interiors are as shown in the pics in this thread, a RHD version of course!

i love it because i liked the new interiors and the older exteriors!
Old 28th December 2008, 22:54   #36
BHPian

Facelifted Sonata Embera Soon?

As per as ACI, Hyundai is planning to launch all new facelifted Sonata Embera very soon. Exterior wise, the car has undergone few changes when we take a look at the headlamps, grille but it's the interiors which have undergone significant changes. Anyone having more info and pictures to post this one?
Old 28th December 2008, 23:04   #37
BANNED

Just another lame Hyundai facelifts, nothing else. Notice the front grill, it seems like a La Elantra, further fate is obvious!

Btw, interesting name, now we need 2-Oestrogen!
Old 28th December 2008, 23:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
As per as ACI, Hyundai is planning to launch all new facelifted Sonata Embera very soon. Exterior wise, the car has undergone few changes when we take a look at the headlamps, grille but it's the interiors which have undergone significant changes. Anyone having more info and pictures to post this one?
Do a search and you will find this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ors-spied.html
Old 29th December 2008, 22:52   #39
BHPian

The ACI pictures showed an interior considerably upgraded. The front photo somehow looks different from that on the Teeam BHP forum. The grille is sort of nice, but very Korean (or Chinese). The beige interior with a centre console vaguely familiar with the Tucson console design seems good.

The ACI photo shows an auto transmission, I wonder they would offer one for the Diesel. Had nearly bought a Diesel Sonata a few months back, but by then, the auto Diesel was discontinued, and the showroom person hinted at a facelift.

ACI mentions a 248 BHP 3.3L V6, and by my brief drive years back in a Gen. 1 Sonata 2.7V6, it would be a cracker. Hope they price it well, at least the Diesel version. Going by their pricing strategy for the i20, I am hopeful.
Old 30th December 2008, 11:53   #40
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

front to back

Looks like the front of a VW Passat, and back of the new Toyota Camry/ Corrola. And hence looks good on the ouside.

Also the interiors seemd to resemble a mix of Mitsubishi Montero & New Laura (yet to come to India) Interior design.

Overall looked good but will have to be VHVFM to work in India with the image it carries.
Old 15th January 2009, 15:45   #41
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Hyundai Motor :: Hyundai Sonata Embera

The new Sonata transform has been launched with a minor facelift and new interiors. Both petrol and diesel. Diesel has 6 speed manual and 4speed AT and petrol only 5 speed MT. Website is updated.
Old 15th January 2009, 15:51   #42
BHPian

Hyundai rolls out all new Sonata Transform

NEW DELHI: Hyundai Motor India on Thursday launched its all new Sonata Transform, the upgraded version of the internationally-acclaimed luxury
sedan.

The Sonata Transform, available in the range of Rs 13.9 lakh to Rs 15.9 lakh (ex-showroom price), boasts of dynamic style, power packed performance, elegant interiors along with the Hyundai badge of reliability and value. Available in three variants, including a 2.4 petrol, 2.0 CRDi MT and CRDi AT, the all-new Sonata Transform arrives with a palette of 5 new solid and metallic exterior hues for the customers to choose from.
Commenting on the launch, H S Lheem, MD, HMIL, said, “Sonata is a proven success globally and offers high end luxury, top notch comfort and advanced safety features. The all new Sonata Transform is aimed at further delighting our customers as it successfully integrates all the key attributes of a premium sedan.”
The Sonata Transform is powered by the advanced second generation Theta family of gasoline engine which produces a generous 175PS@6000 rpm of maximum power and a peak torque of 23.8Kgm @4000 rpm, resulting in robust acceleration and a quick throttle response. The 2.4 litre, four cylinder, DOHC engine is assisted by a Variable Intake System (VIS) and VTVT technology which makes it highly fuel efficient as well as a refined unit. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
The diesel variant powered by a 4-cylinder, 2-litre Common Rail engine (CRDi) with a Variable Geometry Turbocharger (VGT) is both frugal as well as an efficient performer. With a peak power of 150PS@3850 rpm and max torque of 32.1kgm@2000 rpm, it generates enough performance to delight the enthusiast. The diesel (CRDi) variant will be available with both - a 6-speed manual and a 4-speed (H-Matic) automatic transmission.
With its technical precision and superior performance, the all new Sonata Transform maintains the high quality standards while adding a host of new features which include the all new alloy wheels, smart key which incorporates remote door opening, keyless ignition and engine immobiliser, new head and tail lights, six airbags for enhanced safety for both driver and occupants. Separate climate control for driver and passenger, steering remote control for the audio, MP3 player with USB and Auxiliary port and complete leather pack which includes seats, steering wheel and gear knob, the company said.
The Sonata Transform offers enhanced styling on the exteriors with body colour – door handles, front and rear bumper insert, outside mirror housing and waistline molding. Other features of the car include rear defoggers, fog lamps, twin exhaust, 2-tone beige interior, auto head lamp off (battery saver), wood-grain finish inserts on steering, dashboard and door panel.
It also offers one of the best packages in terms of safety features as it comes loaded with several Active and Passive safety systems like Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), six airbags (dual front, side and curtain airbag), seat belt pre-tensioner with load limiter. The passive safety includes features like crumple zones, side impact beams and impact sensing door unlocking system.
Source : Hyundai rolls out all new Sonata Transform- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 15th January 2009, 16:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

Easy to miss this. Linea is getting better publicity!
Old 15th January 2009, 16:06   #44
BANNED

Let see who does better sales
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Easy to miss this. Linea is getting better publicity!
Old 15th January 2009, 16:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Let see who does better sales
I am sure the Linea wins here as well. One can buy 2 base models of Linea at the cost of 1 base model Embera.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks