Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2010, 14:43   #211
BHPian

Abhishek222 Thanks for the tips. You are right, there is no end to the work you can get done. I will limit myself to a 70k budget though.

Paint Job: Am getting a deal for 15-20k. Had got my M800 painted for 7k. 3 years on and no issues with the Paint quality.

Alloys and Tyres: Thanks for that tip. While the NA should have lesser problem than the Turbo, will keep a lookout.

Wheel Cover for spare wheel: Makes sense as 5k seems a bit steep for now.

Headlights: I saw the Sumo lights but that will need more tinkering with the front compared to the 207's lights. Think I will stick with the 207.

Up next:
Seats
ICE
Steering wheel (any suggestions ?), Gear knob and pedals
Old 15th August 2010, 16:38   #212
BHPian

If you are going in for the 207 headlights make sure after fitment the lights are focused low to the ground i had an issue where my dim lights where on the same level as high beam and the high beam was lighting up treetops after getting the 207 lights. as for the sumo victa not really it would need a bit of tinkering and removal of the turn indicators. but get those lights and a 207 grill done while repainting. you have got a new front end. I wouldn't want to mess with the pedals and steering wheel as the turbo comes with a comfortable one. as for the gear knob as my mechanic said are you sure you want to change the present one which has become smooth over the years and nice to hold compared to a rough new one? Ice is a bit difficult as you loose what ever no existent space you have at the back. but then compared to other cars if you put in a Sub woofer it would always sound better because of the enclosed huge cabin volume,leading to significant bass gain. Seats i believe They cost about 7,000.
Old 27th August 2010, 14:19   #213
BHPian

Guys, dunno if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know where I can get a rear bumper of the old Sierra in Bangalore?

Oreen
Old 27th August 2010, 23:12   #214
BHPian

Sierra Body parts

Do you want to buy new part or old from yard?

New bumper cannot be bought, as new ones are not available. But those plastic ends and stuff of the NA version is available fromplaces like General Auto, off Siddaiah Rd, BLR.

For Turbo version only option is to get in touch with folks at 'Gujri' in BLR or if you are in Kerala the place near Kayamkulam. They do not keep body parts as it'd get junked and compressed once they take it apart. Thats why you need to speak to them to find out about availability and if they are getting one any time soon.
Old 7th September 2010, 14:55   #215
BHPian

Folks,

I'm attaching some pics of my friend's (Boby Jacob) Sierra Turbo which recently done with the paint job & modifications...
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Sierra-sierra-1.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-sierra-3.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-sierra-4.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-sierra.jpg  

Last edited by sunilchakola : 7th September 2010 at 15:06. Reason: Attached pics got some error
Old 7th September 2010, 19:32   #216
Senior - BHPian

nicely done, although those chrome wheels is not my choice. i like the color and the updated front grill with clear lens headlamps etc.
Old 7th September 2010, 19:42   #217
BHPian

wow. The Sierra looks butch.
The third picture speaks loads of the Sierra's character.
A pair of Hella Rallye 4000s would do magic!
Old 7th September 2010, 22:03   #218
BHPian

Great car! Its the only suv i like and its a priveledge to own one. Tell your friend that he better take good care of her.
Old 21st September 2010, 01:34   #219
BHPian

wow i read this entire thread at one go
i really miss the sierra
was an amazing vehicle!!! i had one for 2 years while i was in college in india
here are the pics of my ex-sierra had a nice rare purple colour

its been three years since i sold it
amazing car i would like to own a turbo again and redo it completely with my specs
a dicor engine and tranny swap ferrari red colour a body kit a better AC for sure wheels
and we have a monster on our hands

Last edited by gt_mustang : 21st September 2010 at 01:36.
Old 21st September 2010, 18:10   #220
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2010 at 17:52.
sunilchakola is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th May 2011, 13:24   #221
BHPian

re: Pics: Tata Sierra

Posting my friend's Sierra:
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Sierra-p1030151.jpg  

Old 11th May 2011, 15:41   #222
BHPian

Desperately looking forward for the delivery of my machine out of its old owner's house. Maybe by this weekend/month end, I too will be a "COMPLETE" owner of one such bull.

I will look forward for all your esteemed/unbiased support in taming my beast henceforth.

Kudos!
-digitalblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuvarghese View Post
I have a copy of owners manual for turbo/non-turbo with me which can be sent to ones who want it. the wiring diagram is also present but Telco had given it only for non-turbo. infact the manual for turbo is one with a supplement added to non-turbo version!
oh wow! Just the right thing at the right time. Could i please have a copy? How do i contact you? Tried to PM but cant seem to find that little brat button to click on! :P

Please do let me know how i can get a copy of the same.

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th May 2011 at 16:43. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.
Old 11th May 2011, 21:17   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalblood

oh wow! Just the right thing at the right time. Could i please have a copy? How do i contact you? Tried to PM but cant seem to find that little brat button to click on! :P

Please do let me know how i can get a copy of the same.
Can you access the Tata Sierra forum in Yahoo groups? The PDF and service schedule is available for download.
I have a xerox in spiral bound form which would cost rs. 200 or so approximately.

Viju
Old 12th May 2011, 13:45   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuvarghese View Post
Can you access the Tata Sierra forum in Yahoo groups? The PDF and service schedule is available for download.
I have a xerox in spiral bound form which would cost rs. 200 or so approximately.

Viju
Oh That price should not be a problem. I have access to yahoo groups also. But am not a member of the group. :( Will send in a request anyways. & Thanx for the huge help. Please do let me know how i can contact you if i cannot get through yahoo groups.
Old 14th May 2011, 12:36   #225
BHPian

Sorry, couldn't start a new thread! Hence asking all sierra owners on this thread/forum, is it worth buying a sierra turbo '98 with outer mag radial tyres (all 5 new ones) & ice (4 channels) and a very very neatly maintained bodyline/floor for 1.2L?

Just don't want to be baited with this hard earned money.

Pros & Mods, Please help.
digitalblood is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks