Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2020, 16:17   #256
BHPian

Re: Pics: Tata Sierra

So while going through my old stuff, I managed to find a lot of interesting stuff. One of which was Old Posters & Brochures. First Page of some of the Brochures has been posted here (The Classic Advertisement/Brochure Thread) & Full Pics of Gypsy related content along with other DC Design Posters are posted here (Got Gypsy’ied - My brand new Maruti Gypsy 4x4)

DC Karma

Pics: Tata Sierra-dc-poster-1.jpg
SwapnilNalavade is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 01:38   #257
BHPian

Our Red Sierra

Pics: Tata Sierra-save_20191125_063901.jpg

Pics: Tata Sierra-image2573.jpg

Engine Bay

Pics: Tata Sierra-image2587.jpg

Our White Sierra

Pics: Tata Sierra-img_0030.jpg

Pics: Tata Sierra-image977.jpg

Engine Bay

Pics: Tata Sierra-image918.jpg

Our White Sierra (another one)

Pics: Tata Sierra-img_9268.jpg

Got BHP? This is my favorite sticker from the set.

Pics: Tata Sierra-img_9272.jpg

Our Red Tata Estate and Red Sierra

Pics: Tata Sierra-image030.jpg

Our Tata Estate, sorry for going

Pics: Tata Sierra-estate.jpg

3 Sierras together.

Pics: Tata Sierra-img_8234.jpg

Pics: Tata Sierra-img_4467.jpg

Tata Sierra toy on a real Sierra. I used to have lot of Tata Sierra toys when I was a kid.

Pics: Tata Sierra-img_3805.jpg
WhiteSierra is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 17:06   #258
BHPian

Esteemed Members, need you advice for a 1996 NA Sierra. Car is still with the original owner, maintained decently well with around 150000 on the odo. Tyres need to be replaced, battery is ok. Suspension doesn't make noise though some rattles from doors and dashboard. Engine doesn't give a back compression nor there is any black smoke.
The owner is now in his late 70s and can't keep up with the beast. He is looking for buyers but couldn't find any at his asking price of 1.00 lakh.
What do you guys suggest, should I give in to the temptation and bite the apple??
azm@bpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 19:32   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azm@bpl View Post
What do you guys suggest, should I give in to the temptation and bite the apple??
Duhh! It's a no-brainer.
stallmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 19:48   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Esteemed Members, need you advice for a 1996 NA Sierra. Car is still with the original owner, maintained decently well with around 150000 on the odo.

What's the location ? Do you have pics of the car ? How about the scrap rule , the car must be pretty old right ?

We had a 98 model Sierra NA in our family in average condition with 250K on odo , it was sold for 50K in 2007.
TorqueIndia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 20:58   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can understand the pull

1L is still high. Assure him you will take care of it like he did, and suggest that his price is a little high. See what you can do, but remember to have a good mechanic who can help you maintain it.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 21:10   #262
BHPian

Dear TorqueIndia
Pls find the response as below.

What's the location ?
Bhopal

Do you have pics of the car ?
Will try to click and post here soon

How about the scrap rule , the car must be pretty old right ?
Haven't gone thru the scrapping policy in detail. Will check it out

We had a 98 model Sierra NA in our family in average condition with 250K on odo , it was sold for 50K in 2007.
50k was a pretty low price. Thanks for letting me know. Will try to bargain at this figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Can understand the pull

1L is still high. Assure him you will take care of it like he did, and suggest that his price is a little high. See what you can do, but remember to have a good mechanic who can help you maintain it.
I have a good old trusted mechanic who maintain my car's. He is dead against buying a "white elephant 🐘" that at this "exorbitant" cost

Last edited by Aditya : 17th December 2021 at 18:10. Reason: Back to back posts merged
azm@bpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 22:01   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Should I give in to the temptation and bite the apple??
Honestly just bite the bullet!
- There are very few Sierras in India in working condition.
- Is still with it’s first owner, he must have maintained it well.
-Negotiate to the price you find apt after you consider the expenses of the battery, tyres and other small titbits.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 20th February 2021 at 22:02.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 12:16   #264

Hello fellow BHPians,

What is the current market value of a Sierra Turbo?.
In the search of a perfect vehicle I have visited many workshops and even homes of people who own one, but have always met with a "not for sale" as an answer.
The very few who did say they would like to sell the vehicle have quoted astronomical values going above 2L for restored examples or around 1L for battered ones.
I am now in a fix, not really understanding what to offer if a potential vehicle comes up for sale.

Also there is a vehicle which was being restored by the garage owner but is currently lying in a partially parted out state for about 1.5 years. Would it be wise to try to get this vehicle or should I stick to more complete vehicles? If an offer should be made, how much should be offered?

Any help in this matter is highly appreciated!

Regards.
Old 24th May 2021, 16:21   #265
Senior - BHPian

I see the rising trend of resto-modding globally and I like it. I think it makes sense for India given the restrictions to Modifications.
My top choice would certainly be the Sierra and original Safari. Having loved my '95 Sumo, I'd throw that in too.
I hope somebody latches on to the trend and pick a Sierra soon.
Old 18th July 2021, 17:13   #266

My beast. 2001 turbo model. We had it till 2007. Without my notice my brother sold it to a doctor who has taken extremely good care of it. Requested and pleaded him and after 14 years repurchased it again. Work on the vehicle has started to get it to showroom condition. Will post pics shortly
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Sierra-img_20210630_123105.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-img_20210630_123111.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-img_20210630_123124.jpg  

Awin6665 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 23:05   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu7185 View Post
Hi All

I have noticed recently in our thread that there have been lot of discussions based out of TATA SIERRA. Hope you all remember the punch line...
This is an amazingly maintained machine, what is the name of this colour?
Old 12th August 2021, 11:28   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awin6665 View Post
Requested and pleaded him and after 14 years repurchased it again. Work on the vehicle has started to get it to showroom condition. Will post pics shortly

Hi Awin, congrats on getting your ride back! I know this will be a very special moment for you. I see you are also from Hyderabad, where are you getting the work done on your car and where are you procuring parts for the Sierra especially the body parts like tail lights, plastic mouldings, grill etc? If you know any shop which sells first generation Sierra (non turbo, NA engine Sierra), please give me a heads up. I need grill, headlight assembly and few other parts for NA Sierra in Hyderabad.

Wish you all the best on your Sierra's restoration work, please post more pictures of your Sierra after the work is done.
Old 29th November 2021, 18:22   #269

I recently drove a Sierra Turbo for the first time, as I wanted to buy it.

In one word the experience was "devastating" to say the least.

The gear shifts felt like running moving a warm knife in butter, felt like there was no slotting at all and I has to keep faith that the vehicle has shifted gears and leave the clutch praying to not stall the vehicle or make a fool of myself in traffic. It had the gearbox with reverse gear beside the first gear.

This particular example was not really well maintained and hence this may be a one off problem.

Fellow Bhpians please guide me on whether this is a issue with the one I had driven or are the shifts non precise like this in every Sierra?. I hope its not as I have spent more than a year now in search of a sierra worth buying after enjoying a passenger side ride in a well restored one and the drive yesterday is making me question my decision.

Another thing I noted was the vehicle was used once or twice a month for a year or so and the brakes also seemed to have dulled quite a bit.

Please share your insights regarding this.

Thanks in advance
Old 17th December 2021, 14:46   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

A 1992 Sierra listed for sale on our classifieds:

https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...a/Sierra.html/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks