Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Are you booking Nano?
Yes, definitely I am booking as soon as booking starts 59 16.39%
No, I am not interested 164 45.56%
I will wait and watch 137 38.06%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 03:42   #46
BHPian

I was lucky to get through the initial set of Indica lotteries and tempted to try again.
Old 6th February 2009, 03:53   #47
Senior - BHPian

Well recently got to know from my dad as to how interested he is in Buying a Nano as a City runabout.
Well yes we would be booking one,as soon as its available.
and yeah he likes one in yellow
Old 6th February 2009, 03:57   #48
Senior - BHPian

I will wait and watch.It might get quite tempting for me to replace my '97 800 with the nano.However initial batch of cars is what i suspect.Initial indicas were not a good experience for many.Maybe tata would have to do a NANO V2 this time.Fingers crossed.
Old 6th February 2009, 05:08   #49
Senior - BHPian

those who expecting initial lott of nanos as beta(guinea pigs?) testing .may I ask you-Nano car -tata is already testing them in various locations in the country.Are they fools to churn out another beta prototype for customers?Indica experience is already a lesson for them;I suppose.Being Optimistic =>ME
Old 6th February 2009, 09:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

On the contrary, I would expect the initial batches of this car to be of better quality, compared to the ones which would roll out later.

If the prices aren't going uphill in future, how long can Tata hold on to quality(with increasing raw material cost with time) remains a question...
Old 6th February 2009, 09:53   #51
Senior - BHPian

Many people who wants to book Nano at the starting would be part of making history. Since, this car is making buzz all over the world only due to its price factor.

This is pride moment for India, I am sure many international media would come to India to cover this event. This is going to be big media galore. (of course our very own Hindi news channels would get enough masala for a week atleast)
Old 6th February 2009, 10:24   #52
Senior - BHPian

Even though my wife wants to buy one for running around in the city, I'm not so sure. Unless people in our country learn driving etiquette, the NANO is going to unless absolute mayhem on the roads with two - wheeler riders upgrading and then driving as they do on their bikes. Hence I'm dreading the launch of the Nano.
Old 6th February 2009, 10:41   #53
BHPian

I am booking one for my wife . Red Color one top end model whatever it is.
Old 6th February 2009, 10:46   #54
BHPian

I dont see the need for a third car in the house presently. And also have heard a lot about Tata's Beta Testing :P

So wait and watch is the best option. My mother is actually suggesting selling off our Santro and buying a Nano!
Old 6th February 2009, 11:49   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Is the Nano Dicor ready yet?
You are wrong. Nano QuadraJet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I would rather plonk the 1 lakh+ on a decent bike. No Nano for me.
Yamaha R15 is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
would you really need power steering for a nano?
Why not? Wouldn't it be convenient for city round abouts and tight parking corners?
Old 6th February 2009, 12:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

I will wait and watch, I feel its good to pick up one for my wife, when I plan to upgrade the Alto late next year to something bigger. We have different schedules and the small size makes sense for her.

I am not for any premium payment and lucky draws to buy the Nano. I will wait till the initial rat race and dust clears. A car of that size is no longer a status symbol or luxury. It is a dream come true for lakhs of Indians.
Old 6th February 2009, 14:00   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
absolute mayhem on the roads with two - wheeler riders upgrading and then driving as they do on their bikes. Hence I'm dreading the launch of the Nano.
Actually what i feel is that its not going to be that bad,it will cost upward of 1 lakh, and how many r15/p220 do we see on our roads?Even at 1 lakh rs. it will be more of a 'possible dream' for an average joe whose idea of a two wheeler is something around 45-50k.Ofcourse quite some may stretch the budgets,opt for finance and may buy a NANO but still as maintaining a nano will anyday be expensive than maintaining a PASSION/PULSAR150, its just that approximately one fourth of potential two wheeler owners may go for nana and its just a rough estimate from me so please correct me if there are some real-world surveys/data.Nano will actually target more of the second hand car buying lot and may end the market of second hand 800s/zens available at around 1 lakh rupees.Sure,traffic will increase,many people may upgrade from a 2 wheeler(the lot who dont want to buy second hand cars) and some first time vehicle owners may buy the nano as well but at any rate i really do not think it is going to be as bad as its being projected.
Old 6th February 2009, 14:51   #58
Senior - BHPian

Those who are not Riding Enthusiasts and is currently forced to carry their family in two wheelers has every right to get a car more than someone buy a Bentley for timepass.THIS IS A LIFE-SAVER.Even if Ratan Tata is not a demi-god ,he is offering a great relief for those who are forced to carry their family inside bikes.how many accidents?mostly the daily bread-winner(husband) is who is suffering.Let the Nano take off!Let the country develop more road infrastructure.Nano must trigger that.whole country expects this.It is not the problem of more nanos hitting the road means more problems for current crorepati car owners who switches to every new car in every year quarter ,spends more than 2 lakhs on ICE -consider this!.It is more people who are excited to have a car and also safety!.understands?

Let the real bikers ride them in India.It will bring a better biker culture here.

Last edited by deepclutch : 6th February 2009 at 14:54.
Old 6th February 2009, 15:03   #59
BHPian

Well ,i'll wait & watch.

As it s TATA product, I doubt, there will be lots of small niggling issues with Nano.

So, I'll first look for customer feedback.

Mean while, its better to open a workshop exclusively for Nano!!!
Old 6th February 2009, 15:21   #60
BHPian

Being very much caring for my family members, I wud rather take a loan and go for a better/safer car like palio/santro/swift with ABS, Airbags and monocoque designs.

Nano has a big question mark on the safety side.

Its a nightmaring imagination of already congested bangalore roads filled with nanos .. Hope Ratan tata wud have manufactured roads also , I would have happily bought few kms for myself ...

I have spent some time with an ex Tata-motors R&D Engineer who is currently working at Volvo.. Discussion with him was more of shocking and lotza eye opener about Tata's quality, their way of manufacturing/testing etc is no way up to the mark.
No Offence- Indians can excel only in field they are made for - Software, Handicrafts, Politics.
Leave automobiles for Europeans.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks