Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Are you booking Nano?
Yes, definitely I am booking as soon as booking starts 59 16.39%
No, I am not interested 164 45.56%
I will wait and watch 137 38.06%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2009, 13:05   #91
BHPian

All depends on how the market shapes up. Would be a ideal second car. At present I am not sure if I will, and thats got nothing to do with the car. :-)
Old 9th February 2009, 14:39   #92
BHPian

Nano is not for me. I need to sell my Zen and buy a new car for highway / city use.
Old 9th February 2009, 15:07   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
well simply no.(Cos i wont Fit in it ^_^)
Firstly im predicting a drop in two wheeler sales
traffic in cities will increase two fold.

accidents will also increase because the same old imbeciles who used to drive bikes thinking the rules are not for them.. don't be surprised if you see a nano trying to squeeze between a tight space between your car and some other just to get through the traffic.

Safety:after looking at the nano i feel the OMNI is a safer bet. Atleast it wont tip over due to a strong wind gust

affordability:see if people were so desperate to buy a 4 wheeler they would go get a second hand car.Plenty of options in the market,a good m800 can be picked for 70K or so.,Cielo's for 30K etc
I am looking at it differently- One of the main reason these 2 wheeler imbeciles were behaving that way was because they have never driven a car / 4 wheeler and do not know how difficult it is to manage when a 2 wheeler is driven stupidly (not that all cars are being driven well now). Hopefully a transition to a 4 wheeler will open their eyes.

Omni in my view is the worst designed vehicle. All other vehicles will score more than omni in terms of safety

Thiyags
Old 10th February 2009, 14:48   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I read some news that booking of Tata Nano would start in February itself. It can be booked in Tata Showrooms or in State Bank of India Branches across the India. Right now 100 SBI branches will be having booking facility and later it would be extended to 1000 branches.

70,000 Rs is booking amount for Nano.

I want to know, who all the Team-BHPians booking Nano? How many of you have curosity to book Nano in initial phase.

On the contrary, news paper reported that booking and allotment of Nano would attract high premium, it means once it is allotted you can sell it off quickly with some earnings.

Edit - 1: After posting, I realized, purpose of this thread would be serve better by a poll. I hope mods can do something in this regard.

Edit - 2: Thanks Sam for your help. I have added poll.

Also adding to Anuj's Quote.

Tata is planning to Launch nano in Petrol and Gas (not sure LPG / CNG) variants within a short span, and also the fuel tank capacity of the petrol variant is expected to be around 15 lts.

I hope this detail would also help increase the curiosity levels.

cheers,
SAM
Old 10th February 2009, 16:18   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMUDRA View Post
... and also the fuel tank capacity of the petrol variant is expected to be around 15 lts...
Interesting info about the fuel tank capacity. If this is the capacity, then it is a good move to keep at least some of this vehicle out from the highway!
Old 11th February 2009, 08:18   #96
Senior - BHPian

Most of the people in this thread are buying a nano as a second car and not as their primary one.i still stand with my point If a person was dying to get a car he would go and buy a 2nd car..and would not really care about the nano.
i Agree it will sell a lot etc etc
personally i would have being caught in a Nano(well most of us also hate being seen in a Reva right).
To think of it..if Reva had sold its car at the price range near the nano it would have been a HUGE success..
Old 11th February 2009, 09:10   #97
Senior - BHPian

well ,comparing nano with reva?huh?consider this: nano got around 20% more space than maruti 800.
Quote:
New Delhi: There is no doubt that the mono-volume design of the Nano is a sure winner over the boxy Maruti 800, which has not been helped by a series of facelifts over the last 2 decades.
Size does matter
The Nano is 3100 mm in length, 8 per cent shorter than the Maruti 800, but the breadth and height of the car tell a different story. The Nano at 1500 mm is 4 per cent wider than the 800 and, at 1600 mm, is 14 per cent taller.
The Tatas also claim the car is 21per cent bigger than an 800 when it comes to inside space.
Who has the power?
The Maruti runs on a 3-cylinder 796 cc engine, bigger and possibly smoother than the 623 cc 2- cylinder heart of the Nano.
The 800 churns out 37 BHP, while the Nano tops at 33 BHP, at 11per cent less power.
Although the Tatas were tightlipped about speeds, the Nano’s top speed is likely to be lower than the Maruti 800’s, which can hit 120 kph, when pushed.
Fuel efficiency
The Tatas say that the Nano will give 20 km/l which is about as much as the Maruti 800 delivers when driven well.
The real test for the Nano would be to match the survivability of the Maruti 800 on Indian roads, but the Tatas will cross that bridge when they launch the car later this year.
Nano versus Maruti 800 - which is the winner?
Old 11th February 2009, 09:28   #98
knp
BHPian

well, last week, I happened to see the Nano on NICE road, nearer to Hosur road.
It was a red color one and they were doing some testing..and they had touched maximum of 110kmph speed and honestly, I could not able to chase them with my santro.

The car looks really nice, lot better than Maruti zen estilo. I could not able to take the pictures.

-p
Old 11th February 2009, 10:40   #99
Senior - BHPian

personally if a reva came in that package at that price with better looks i would have gone for it well maybe just for the sake of the environment
Old 11th February 2009, 11:34   #100
Senior - BHPian

for that matter ,a fuelcell car is better.
Old 12th February 2009, 19:54   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Interesting info about the fuel tank capacity. If this is the capacity, then it is a good move to keep at least some of this vehicle out from the highway!
15 L tank capacity is sufficient for me to travel 225KM non stop in petrol, with diesel it will be 300+ KMs
Old 13th February 2009, 19:52   #102
Senior - BHPian

not to mention being bullied by even scooty pep drivers
Old 13th February 2009, 20:08   #103
Senior - BHPian

I dream nano pulling a small trailer with my RE bullet inside -- OK. 32bhp when works is more than enough for example a -tvs suzuki ax100 user.now he and his family can be safe inside the city and (sometimes) highways with the 4-5 member family he got in a car(nano) .I think sometimes it is good to be considerate about fellow commuters -those who are struggling to live with a one man's salary -travelling in the luxury thing-bike.nano can make a change.period.yeah ,this was for the so called driving enthusiasts who believes cars must come with 500bhp engine with loads of luxury inside.

Last edited by deepclutch : 13th February 2009 at 20:11.
Old 17th February 2009, 01:23   #104
BHPian

Hi, I'm crazy for cars with boot(luggage space). So therefore, i won't buy a car without a boot. But honestly, i wish this car to be succeseful and affordable for the common man/biker who wants to transition towards 4Wheels. For that, my wishes to TATA Motors.
Is Nano cute or is it me?
Old 17th February 2009, 12:29   #105
srh
BHPian

I will book for sure but not necessarily buy it. I am sure there would be huge waiting and I can make a killing by selling off my booking. In todays day of a slump in the stock market and real estate market, this would be a good avenue for making money

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks