Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2009, 02:10   #61
BANNED

Harish, beautifully articulated.
did you receive a reply?
also, the post title says "my letter to the germans before nummer eins was shut down".
does it mean that Nummer Eins was shut down because of this letter?
Old 20th March 2009, 09:05   #62
BHPian

Harish:

When was this sent?
Old 20th March 2009, 09:15   #63
BHPian

Harish,

We at team-bhp are all with you in your endeavor to get justice.
Making a chain email like someone suggested is probably a good idea and should prevent falling prey into their hands.

Skoda has been enjoying a place that they really don't deserve to be in. Time to change.
Old 20th March 2009, 09:42   #64
BHPian

blacmagic - no no. this letter was sent a month before they were shut. but not because of this letter.

diffsoft - mail sent on 2/8/08

thanks viveji05
Old 20th March 2009, 09:50   #65
BHPian

Hi Harish,
You can contact CNN IBN citizen journalist wing.
This is also a good spicy case for them to take it up.

If aired, it would give them a lot of mileage as well.
Why dont you approach them.

Going by the past ...news channels are able to accelerate court cases.
Since your case is extremely geninune you can leverage the same.

Try this link:
IBNLive News | Citizen Journalist
Old 20th March 2009, 18:42   #66
BHPian

Hi Harish,

Kudos man!!!!You are one of the very few ppl who have in it to take on the corrupt system...Really Inspirational!!!

Am sure if it had happ to me,would have taken the car if they again replaced the spurious with original parts....

SKODA fears the press for sure and its good that you are pursuin this case inspite of so many threats/inducements etc etc.

The worst thing is SKODA positions itself as a premium brand....All the parties involved should be put behind bars.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st March 2009 at 01:55. Reason: 2 smileys max. Please familiarize yourself with the Team-BHP rules before continuing. Thanks.
Old 21st March 2009, 10:07   #67
BHPian

Unbelievable!!!!!!!

I always liked Skoda Cars and also advised them to many. :(
Old 21st March 2009, 12:02   #68
BHPian

Today skoda Bangalore has advertised for Skoda Fabia with lower interest rate and discounts. I was almost tempted. Reading this has helped me in taking a decision for sure!!! No Skoda for life atleast in India!!!
Old 21st March 2009, 17:34   #69

Thanks Team BHP and this thread, I sympathise with all who are experiencing trouble with their current Skoda's. I has saved me from buying a Superb that I was tempted to buy next week. All I can tell Skoda..you mess with your customers...we will mess with your future sales. Poor A.S.S will come to hound you... eventually.
Old 21st March 2009, 22:18   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky.tata View Post
Thanks Team BHP and this thread, I sympathise with all who are experiencing trouble with their current Skoda's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherishk View Post
No Skoda for life atleast in India!!!
While I have not had the degree of trouble of others on this forum the number of Skoda threads (almost all talking not of the quality of the car but of the poor A.S.S of Skoda dealers) can be scary for all Skoda owners and most prospective Skoda buyers.

I have a Skoda vRS. It is driven carefully (about 30K in 5 years). While I have some minor issues with my Skoda dealer they pale in comparision to harishv has faced.

About 2 years ago I gave up sending my car to my Skoda dealer for normal service related issues (change of oil, tyre rotation, dents and bumps, etc..) and now send the car to a small garage near my work place. The garage is not as well equipped as the Skoda dealer but the owners are well meaning, reasonably honest, and you get the impression that given their limitations they really try their best.

I really dont know what I would do if I was faced with a major issue (change of timing belt, water pump, transmission or clutch failure, etc..). Being proactive I did conact Skoda (the same Sudhir Srinivas). I got a call from one Mr. Liyakat of Skoda Autobahn. We met and I spent and hour detailing my fears, trials and tribulations with Skoda. I presented to Mr. Liyakat a small (3 page long) printed list of check points. Mr. Liyakat promised he would discuss my isues with Mr. Sudhir and get back to me.

Mr. Liyakat also promised to send me his contact details via SMS (he had my mobile number, I dont have his) the same day. It has been over a week now and I have yet to recieve any response from Mr. Liyakat.

Back to that small garage that I normally frequent I guess. And for this last 'misdemeanour' Skoda just lost an order for another 2 cars (Honda is getting orders by doing nothing). Meanwhile I have emailed Mr. Sudhir again telling him that Mt. Liyakat has not contacted me as promised.

Skoda if you are reading this why not be proactive an engage customers like us in a positive manner.
navin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2009, 12:53   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
We met and I spent and hour detailing my fears, trials and tribulations with Skoda.
(Honda is getting orders by doing nothing).
Skoda if you are reading this why not be proactive an engage customers like us in a positive manner.
One wasted hour? as opposed to Harish's wasted year? I think the insight about Skoda's attitude gained by you (and all of us) from Mr. Liyakat's & Mr. Sudhir's behaviour was well worth that hour - I should like to thank you for it.

As for Honda getting orders for doing nothing, the Indian car industry acknowledges that Honda's management of their after-sales service at dealer points, and customer relations is the best of all auto manufacturers in this country.

Skoda is definitely reading this - only thing is, their dealer management is flawed, and there is hardly any will to correct it.

OT: Navin, I really liked your signature - unite dyslexics. I support you on this.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 22nd March 2009 at 12:54.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2009, 15:44   #72
Senior - BHPian

In a country of blind men, the one-eyed man is King.

Skoda and Toyota are the biggest foils for Honda. Toyota is too slow and Skoda is busy shooting itself in the head.

What Honda needs to better itself is the Skoda Superb designed by Audi, built, sold and serviced by Toyota
Old 22nd March 2009, 18:56   #73
BHPian

Why don't we compile all complaints from this site, call it "Complaints Dossier from Team BHP" and send it to the VW Board and the Skoda Board?

We can update it every year and make it an annual feature.

Cheers,
Old 22nd March 2009, 19:24   #74
Senior - BHPian

They've already tried contacting the people in Germany. And failed.
Old 22nd March 2009, 19:24   #75
Senior - BHPian

it same with dealers in rajasthan and gujarat.

both have lot of customer complaints.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks