Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 14:52   #811
BHPian

Good grief! I spent 4 days going through this thread as initially i did not believe that Skoda would do such a thing. But this is shocking. And whats up with keeping the hearing dates so far apart? I think is a trick that Skoda is using to put you off. They may be hoping that you get bugged and drop the charges. Are the Skoda dealers in Bangalore equally bad?
Old 4th February 2010, 15:26   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Are the Skoda dealers in Bangalore equally bad?
@rjalihal: My experience with Skoda and its Bangalore dealer was nightmarish - I poured my woes at that time in this thread - first old car given as new and then forge my registration, and the Skoda sales manager says in effect, "Sir, dealer may have done something wrong, but I can't do much" :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...signature.html
Old 4th February 2010, 15:34   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are the Skoda dealers in Bangalore equally bad?
Refer GTO's post in the other thread. It summarizes everything. There are links there detailing experience with Bangalore dealers of Skoda.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1273840
Old 4th February 2010, 16:09   #814
BHPian

Harish:I think you should say to the judge that this is has become a practice for Sokda or dealer lawers absent for continues hearings and move the case to next hearing date. Ask the judge to fine them even for adsents.

If possible request the judge to fine skoda a huge amount(1 crore ) for this case and let that amount be given to accident victims funds which would be lesson for Skoda.
Old 4th February 2010, 16:33   #815
Senior - BHPian

So much time has elapsed and Skoda has not done anything to resolve Harish's issue. Its a shameful reflection on the customer care and senior management at Skoda. And its a blot on the Indian consumer protection laws as well as the Indian judiciary.

I for one would hate to be in Harish's shoes. He seems to have immense patience and faith in the judiciary to go through this ordeal. I on the other hand will ensure that I never patronize this company and will try my best to warn any of my friends/family to stay away from this brand.

Shame on you Skoda.
Old 4th February 2010, 18:54   #816
Distinguished - BHPian

It's a shameful reflection on the law of this country too.

It's a shame that we don't have to choice of warning people away from that "brand"!
Old 4th February 2010, 19:51   #817

After I Started reading the thread and looking at the Date of Posts i was under the impression that Justice must have been served at the end of the Discussion , Buttttttt i am Horrified to know that the case is still pending , I was a a Huge FAN of SKODA , bu Now a BIG NOOOO to skoda .

Good Luck Harish
Old 4th February 2010, 20:12   #818
BHPian

Hi Harish,

Hats off to you... Besides manging your business you are always onto this subject. It really pinches when we see the law been manipulated by the biggies.

Hope the court makes an ex party order and also bans the rotten car company to sell further in India.

I have decided to take out a rally of all the problamatic skodas. Need your guidance as I also wish to bring these cars in Mumbai and move them at all prominent public places.
Old 5th February 2010, 07:50   #819
BHPian

My convert-skoda-buyers tally is at a confirmed 9, and an unconfirmed 20+.
  1. 3 Corollas
  2. 3 or more Civics
  3. Few Innovas, Ford - anything but Skoda
I work in a mid-sized software firm and ensure I post this thread on our local message board every once in a while. I keep getting 'thank-yous' and 'you-saved-us' messages from prospective Skoda buyers who were saved from the ordeal of buying a Skoda.

I tell you - Skoda marketing must be BAD at maths.
Old 5th February 2010, 14:42   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
@rjalihal: My experience with Skoda and its Bangalore dealer was nightmarish - I poured my woes at that time in this thread - first old car given as new and then forge my registration, and the Skoda sales manager says in effect, "Sir, dealer may have done something wrong, but I can't do much" :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...signature.html
Hi Diffsoft. I went through the thread. I was glad that it ended up well! But seriously, why does Skoda have such lousy dealers? Its hard to believe that they became such a successful car company in India. I mean, Skodas are quite common nowadays and they are built like a tank. But with this kind of customer treatment, i wonder if all are happy! I guess they must be targeting the Corporate crowd in which large companies buy the car. With individuals i guess they prefer playing around!
Old 5th February 2010, 17:01   #821
BHPian

Skoda seems to be the most notorious brand on Team-bhp.
Old 5th February 2010, 17:09   #822
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpente View Post
and ford+fiat the most loved ones
Old 5th February 2010, 19:18   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpente View Post
Tell me about it. Before i joined Team BHP, i was full of praises for Skoda. To me it was the best driver's cars ever. Responsive to the core! But after hearing all these incidents i was truly appalled. But you know what, i asked one of my relatives who owns a car from the Skoda stable and he said he has never had any issues. And his car was purchased in 2008. I wonder if they have gotten their act together and pulled up their socks.
Old 5th February 2010, 19:38   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Tell me about it. Before i joined Team BHP, i was full of praises for Skoda. To me it was the best driver's cars ever. Responsive to the core! But after hearing all these incidents i was truly appalled. But you know what, i asked one of my relatives who owns a car from the Skoda stable and he said he has never had any issues. And his car was purchased in 2008. I wonder if they have gotten their act together and pulled up their socks.
Depends alot on the dealer, Nummer Eins were asses, they gave harish a hard time..
Old 6th February 2010, 15:22   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
Depends alot on the dealer, Nummer Eins were asses, they gave harish a hard time..
To an extent, yes it depends on the dealers.

But, one question troubles me when I decide to buy a Skoda or not. Why do Skoda vehicles stall too frequently?

I heard someone mention that whenever he drives a Skoda (1.8 TSI, to be precise), he is reminded of why he loves cars.

So, is this a case of making vehicles that are good for 100m sprint but not worthy of a marathon? I mean, vehicles that may run without problems for 10K KMs but not for 100K KMs? Then, it is an issue of engineering as well. Rotten dealers add to the trouble.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks