Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2010, 20:24   #841
BHPian

Clutch campaign by Skoda

When I saw this today Skoda Auto - Clutch Campaign 2010 I was wondering whether it's Skoda's way to surreptitiously find out fake parts?!

I agree with ajmat, not even responding to a legal notice is unforgivable. Seems like a sheer mocking of the rule of law.
Old 21st February 2010, 09:46   #842
Team-BHP Support

VAG don't sem to learn. In the mid 80's, there was a big issue in the US of Audi's running away on full throttle. Audi ignored it. Led to a big time fall in Audi sales in the US which is the largest market for such cars. Later on it was found that it was not a fault of the car. Audi's non engagement of the issue cost them dearly

Deja vu Skoda
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:52   #843
BHPian

@ Harish: May I ask you the update on your case?
Wish you all the luck and the patience needed to hold on and fight until the end.
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:26   #844
BHPian

So there were these guys from Marikkar Skoda downstairs advertising a Skoda Fabia below at my Office today. A few people were looking around inside the Fabia. I just asked the the poor salesman overeager to help me out if he had ever heard of Harish. Had not. I asked him to tell the next Skoda associate visiting his showroom that people were asking about what happened to Harish who met with an accident for the fake parts used in his Skoda and how Skoda company handled the issue.

A few guys got interested in what I was saying and I provided them the details of the thread. Am sure that atleast some more bad press for Skoda.
I do hope the salesman does go and tell someone from Skoda about this. Let them know that the way they have handled Harish has cost them.

For want of a shoe...
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:13   #845
BHPian

Has Skoda's image changed as of now? I mean most reviews about Skodas are -ve. But I just love their cars. How is Skoda's service and customer handling now?
Old 23rd March 2010, 01:21   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Has Skoda's image changed as of now? I mean most reviews about Skodas are -ve. But I just love their cars. How is Skoda's service and customer handling now?
In my opinion, the A.S.S. has improved (very much), over the years (I have owned my octy since Nov 2005). I guess, its the user who has also become more aware of his car, owing to him taking keen interest in the service & maintainance of the same.
Compare that to the average Joe (5 -6 years back), who was gullible enough to fall prey to these dubious Skoda service centres, while not much was known about ownership of an (Checz-German) Import.
Old 23rd March 2010, 04:56   #847
BHPian

I think after so many followups and bad press Skoda seems unperturbed. This may be due to fact that Rich class India runs on mentality that the "More Costly the Better" and partly because of the fact that many skodas find their way to rich politicians garages. So they get an automatic immunity. Had this episode took place in US, maybe skoda would have to gift lifetime supply of latest skodas to Harish.
Did any one notice information available in internet about skoda--"Historically, Škodas had a poor reputation and no fashionable person would be seen in one". Seems a part of its old reputation is back.

As an interesting aside, Škoda (i.e. the family name of the entrepreneur who bought the firm in 1869) happens to mean also damage or "pity" in Czech. Consequently, "To je škoda" can mean either "It's a pity" or "That's a Skoda".

Source : Skoda - Discussion and Encyclopedia Article. Who is Skoda? What is Skoda? Where is Skoda? Definition of Skoda. Meaning of Skoda.

Note: No offense intended to happy Owners of Skoda. This is just for this case only.
Old 26th March 2010, 15:32   #848
BHPian

WORST CAR to ever buy the SKODA OCTAVIA ! Within 1st few months of the car 4 items were replaced(i will be posting those details later). Now its been 20 months And the Gear-Box mount has been broken And there's a leakage in the tie-rod end ! The Car has done approximately 37000 kms ! Till date there has not been any kind of accident (small or big). I went to Giriraj Motors for a regular service where they informed me there's a problem with the gearbox mount and the tie rod end. They said they will have to send pictures to Skoda India for the warranty. Now after two Weeks Skoda India says that there are scratches and little rust on the bottom shield and hence they concluded that there is a HEAVY impact on the Shield due to which the Gearbox Mount has been broken though there is no MAJOR impact on the shield.
P.s- The Company does not even Honor their CommitmentS and are in a constant try to evade claims on irrelevant grounds.
And i have also experienced horn failure during the 1st year of the car only.

here's the previous issue --- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tavia-why.html
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court. *UPDATE* Case Settled!-image003.jpg  

Last edited by crashoverride9x : 26th March 2010 at 15:34.
Old 26th March 2010, 18:05   #849
BHPian

from the pictures , for once, I would side with Skoda. looks like a heavy impact to me.
Old 26th March 2010, 20:06   #850
BHPian

ThankS takumi-san for your opinion as i have no faith in what the dealership or the company says (because first they say something then they go back on it) as many of my cousins and friends also had a terrible experience with them so Im Basically gathering a Second Opinion !!

Last edited by crashoverride9x : 26th March 2010 at 20:16.
Old 26th March 2010, 20:26   #851
BHPian

I knew that Skoda in west is always considered as unreliable and low quality. But after reading this entire thread I thank god for not buying a Fabia which I was planning for. They are equally bad in India

Last edited by ulhas.ahirrao : 26th March 2010 at 20:28.
Old 27th March 2010, 07:10   #852
BHPian

It`s disgraceful the way they treat people buying such expensive cars. I sincerely hope VW does not follow suit.
Old 27th March 2010, 07:53   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punitkakri View Post
It`s disgraceful the way they treat people buying such expensive cars. I sincerely hope VW does not follow suit.
punitkakri, I believe that A.S.S. is only one part of the story. Other part points to the reliability issues of components.

Since Skoda & VW share components, I would be surprised if VW does not have the same set of issues.
Old 28th March 2010, 01:10   #854
BHPian

open you mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
punitkakri, I believe that A.S.S. is only one part of the story. Other part points to the reliability issues of components.

Since Skoda & VW share components, I would be surprised if VW does not have the same set of issues.
I would like add my piece of mind here:
As far as the A.S.S. is concerned, there can be doubts about the service and related issues.
But when it comes to reliability of parts (spares or otherwise), the VAG group has surely proven (without a doubt), over the past 70 years the kind of cars they can deliver to the world.
I for one can vouch for the spares performing as per their stipulated life spans in the respective conditions they are subjected to.
One cant see a reason why the masses have been hysterical over the genuinity of the car & its spares, when our own Indian dealers have made a joke of the A.S.S.

I hope you will agree that there has to be a one-off case, where problem (of the serious kinds) have arised, in the Toyota, Ford, Chevy, Honda, Tata camps.
Old 28th March 2010, 17:12   #855
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
But when it comes to reliability of parts (spares or otherwise), the VAG group has surely proven (without a doubt), over the past 70 years the kind of cars they can deliver to the world.
What are you talking about? The Fabia, Laura and Superb are known for their reliability issues, as is the VW Passat. In fact, VW has a very average / below average reliability rating worldwide.

It's only the diesel Octavia that has proven its long-term reliability in the Indian context.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks