Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2013, 12:46   #1591
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Yea

i just have one question.

i agree that skoda has improved their a.s.s. and now is trying to satisfy their customers in amiable manner.

but if that's what they intend to do, and if that's the ideology they want to follow - why have they still not tried to patch up with harish? best way would have been not just refunding the amount he paid for the car but also gifting him a newer/better car. i am sure it would have gone a long way and harish wouldn't have been fighting a battle after 5 years.

he too would have joined the bandwagon of happy skoda customers.
samyakmodi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 13:28   #1592
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Yea

So actually majority of us are in agreement on the majority of the aspects, although it does not look like that

1. Do we support and empathize with Harish - Yes
2. Was Skoda at fault - Yes
3. Could Skoda have dealt with the situation better - Yes

4. Is it ok for someone to NOT buy a Skoda car after reading this - Yes
5. Can someone still buy a Skoda car after reading this - Yes

6. Is Skoda showing signs of improvement - Yes
7. Is Skoda expensive to maintain - Yes
8. Is Skoda suffering from a bad re-sale value - Yes

9. Should this thread / issue not be discussed - NO

Last edited by puchoo : 26th September 2013 at 13:30.
puchoo is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 13:44   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post

9. Should this thread / issue not be discussed - NO
Thanks Puchoo for summarizing it aptly. and we can stick to tracking/discussing Harish's tryst with his destiny (car) in this thread.
Old 29th September 2013, 14:45   #1594
BHPian

Although it is a strategic thing to do, I have never bumped up this thread during a Skoda launch.

I was travelling hence the delayed response to the last few posts.

For information, I would like to present some statements made by Skoda in court. These are written statements. God forbid, if any of you were to have an adverse situation with a Skoda dealer or land in a predicament similar to mine – this is what you can expect from Skoda.

1. The relationship between Skoda and Nummer Eins is on a principal to principal basis. Assuming without admitting that the original parts were replaced with spurious parts by Nummer Eins, Skoda is not at all responsible for the said acts of Nummer Eins.

2. Mr. Dee ( JMD manager ) forwarded the mail (vehicle inspection report) to Harish Kanchan on the strength of his representation that he will provide Mr. Dee with better career opportunities and higher monetary compensation. Mr. Dee further informed me that the said mail was forwarded to Harish Kanchan on his assurance that he requires the said document for his understanding that he will not forward the same to any external person or use the information for any legal proceeding.

3. Harish Kanchan has filed the above complaint with ulterior motives and malafide intentions to knock out handsome ransom from the opposite parties.

4. Harish Kanchan never visited Aurangabad.

5. Skoda denies that Mr. Ramakrishna Surabhi, after inspection has confirmed that many of the original parts have been replaced with spurious parts.

6. Skoda denies that Harish Kanchan has sent his car to JMD Auto for repairs and all the duplicate parts were replaced at the instance of Mr. Sudhir Srinivas.

7. Skoda denies that Mr. Sudhir Srinivas agreed and accepted the replacement to be free of cost.

8. There is no question of Skoda replacing the said parts and/or reimbursing the cost of replacing the said parts, as sought to be suggested by Harish Kanchan.

There are many more denials and ‘we are unaware’ statements.

You can draw your own inference for clause no 1. Clause no 2 to clause no 8 and many more are blatant untruths. I have documentary evidence against most of them.

Welcome to the world of a ‘reformed’ Skoda.

At the same time, I understand and appreciate that a lot of our very own members are experiencing a positive response from Skoda and I hope it remains the same.
harishv is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 15:24   #1595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
i just have one question.

i agree that skoda has improved their a.s.s. and now is trying to satisfy their customers in amiable manner.

but if that's what they intend to do, and if that's the ideology they want to follow - why have they still not tried to patch up with harish? best way would have been not just refunding the amount he paid for the car but also gifting him a newer/better car. i am sure it would have gone a long way and harish wouldn't have been fighting a battle after 5 years.

he too would have joined the bandwagon of happy skoda customers.
If they did admit their mistake, this late, they will suffer a massive damage. Do you think other companies will not exploit this admission? They have no choice but to continue defending whatever they have stated in court.

I seriously wish the case is decided and an example is made out of the case so that companies start being more accountable for their practices. Now that the judiciary has become more active, I hope justice is finally done to Mr. Harish.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 15:45   #1596
Senior - BHPian

I dont know why the discussion has taken a turn about the existence of this thread. Harish as the original poster of this thread chooses to share his experience with Skoda. So it will run its due course till the story reaches its logical conclusion.

As with other bhpians, I hope and wish that justice is finally delivered. We all know it is more than delayed, but that is no reason to stop this discussion or ask Harish to stop sharing updates. If other people have positive experiences, they are free to share it on their own threads, this is the place for Harish to share his experiences. To his credit, he has never been seen telling people not to buy a Skoda. Let us appreciate that and support him in his fight.

Whether you or I choose to buy a Skoda is not something that matters to Harish. Maybe it matters to Skoda, I am not even sure. If it did, they would have done something to close this story in a just manner. Now it seems that Skoda just feel obliged to stick to their tall tales. In any case, all the cats who ate the cream have gotten away.

Due to one of my cars (a Tata), I had the opportunity to meet a tow truck operator. He said it was the first Nano he had ever picked up. Now that could also be due to the fact that Nanos may not have all inclusive insurance policies, but that was his statement. The cars that he most picked up were in order of frequency (high to low):
- XUV 5OO
- Skodas (usually the longer ones - his words, not mine). He thought I was a noob. I asked him if it were Superbs or Lauras. He raised an eyebrow and said Superbs, usually those with DSG. Maybe he didnt expect a Nano driver to know that!
- Mercedes

Now if they really wanted to focus in perception, they should work on changing the overall perception and not just in a couple of threads online. this is India - word of mouth goes around faster than anything else. Especially the negative parts.

As with every other post, I end with wishing Harish support. This is one part everyone agrees on Harish, we are with you!
selfdrive is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 17:36   #1597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
If they did admit their mistake, this late, they will suffer a massive damage.
I disagree. I believe that a humble confession of fault, with a generous settlement, publicly made with no secretive stuff, would work wonders for them.

They may be concerned about other cases, though. They may be extremely worried about customers who might have settled other complaints on similar terms to those Harish was not prepared to accept. We don't know how far the rot spread.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 21:11   #1598
BANNED

All I can say is no VW product for me or my family and I also advise friends to avoid the pests.
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 15:02   #1599
BHPian

@harishv

that's appalling.

can't the posts from tbhp be submitted - the one where skoda instigates tbhp as evidence of Skoda being aware of the entire incidence from the beginning?
Old 9th November 2013, 19:38   #1600
vij
BHPian

Quote:
@harishv

that's appalling.

can't the posts from tbhp be submitted - the one where skoda instigates tbhp as evidence of Skoda being aware of the entire incidence from the beginning?
Skoda will just deny it calling it a conspiracy :-( I dont think forum posts will prove things.
Although it could still score some points with the judge.

Last edited by vij : 9th November 2013 at 19:40.
Old 9th November 2013, 19:39   #1601
Senior - BHPian

The posts them selves i would think would count for weak evidence , it is the trail and the source of those posts which would hold more value. Anyone could have written a post might be a claim them make hence not only the posts but the fact that they came from Skoda - official id's etc would all need to be accounted for.

And while i am not a lawyer , i think they can be submitted as evidence.

Quote:
@harishv

that's appalling.

Old 10th November 2013, 07:14   #1602
Distinguished - BHPian

@harishv : Sad that the legal eagles will prolong cases like this. Giving such statements is one more step in delaying so that base issue is side tracked.

@all : I always say our community strength is in thinking "if I were in those shoes"
sudev is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 08:58   #1603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
All I can say is no VW product for me or my family and I also advise friends to avoid the pests.
Same for us. When we were buying the Amaze ,the Yeti was being sold with heavy discounts while the Rapid had some attractive finance offers. While we finally zeroed in on the City and the Yeti , we realised no matter how great the car is , we wouldn't be able to fight with these dealers. Even if someone gives me a Skoda car for free ,I wouldn't be interested
speedsatya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 12:41   #1604
BHPian

Been a bit late to see your Sept 29 post Harish. When see Skoda's terrible failure in selling in the Indian market (except for possibly Superb) and their financial losses; there is a feeling of nature's justice prevailing here.

My best wishes to you as always.
diffsoft is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 15:18   #1605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Been a bit late to see your Sept 29 post Harish ...
Somehow I completely missed that post, so it was a bit stupid, or at least unrealistic of me, to post, shortly after it,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I believe that a humble confession of fault, with a generous settlement, publicly made with no secretive stuff, would work wonders for them.
Doesn't seem to be any chance of that.

Sorry, Harish, to see that there is still no end in sight to your stress and and expense.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks