Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2014, 12:36   #1696
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Yes, the Judge does dictate to the steno who records the proceedings on the Order Sheet, which is in turn annexed to the Court File and moved to the pending branch. There are always two sets of the same file, one is the Hon'ble Judge's set and the other is the Court's.
Unfortunately bro, there arent two sets. The Orders (collectively called the order sheet) is annexed to either the first pages of the file or maintained in a separate file all together. The files are generally taken out 1-2 days before a matter and sent back to the record room post the hearing and when the last order is typed, signed and made a part of the record. So there is just one set that is kept. However, if there are two persons presiding over the bench, two sets would be there.

Basically the set for the judges, is the set for the Court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Next date - 19th August

They are trying to find the file. The papers along with it.
Harsih, there would be a register in the record room and also in the court keeping a record of the files (on a daily basis). Please check that to find out the exact movement of the files.

I am a lawyer by profession and trust me in a special forum (consumer court in this) its not that easy for a file to go 'missing' for too long.

Cheers
Rohan

Last edited by RohanDheman : 22nd July 2014 at 12:37.
RohanDheman is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 14:43   #1697
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Unfortunately bro, there arent two sets. The Orders (collectively called the order sheet) is annexed to either the first pages of the file or maintained in a separate file all together. The files are generally taken out 1-2 days before a matter and sent back to the record room post the hearing and when the last order is typed, signed and made a part of the record. So there is just one set that is kept. However, if there are two persons presiding over the bench, two sets would be there.
The two-set-per-file system is usually the practice followed in the City Civil Court, Magistrate Court and most other Courts, Forums and Tribunals in Karnataka. Hence the confusion.
suhaas307 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 15:00   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
The two-set-per-file system is usually the practice followed in the City Civil Court, Magistrate Court and most other Courts, Forums and Tribunals in Karnataka. Hence the confusion.
No wonder the confusion. Up north, its just the judges file. Fortunately in the Delhi High Court now a lot of filing is e-filing (complete with digital signatures) which would elimate the rather unfortunate situation that Harish is in.

Really wish we followed a uniform system everywhere.

Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:31   #1699
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No wonder the confusion. Up north, its just the judges file. Fortunately in the Delhi High Court now a lot of filing is e-filing (complete with digital signatures) which would elimate the rather unfortunate situation that Harish is in.

Really wish we followed a uniform system everywhere.

Rohan
Unfortunately though, it's going to be a while before they migrate to the e-filing. The High Courts are sure to get it in a few years but it will take a long while before it trickles down to lower Courts, Forums and Tribunals.

Harish, please don't lose heart. The file will be found and proceedings will resume.
suhaas307 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 06:55   #1700
Distinguished - BHPian

Another twits in long chain of events. Hang in there harishv - this is very much about Skoda being insensitive and not owning up to their name.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 08:06   #1701
Senior - BHPian

Hang in there Harish. Am sure you will get justice soon.
And the missing file is just a delaying tactic, probably in cahoots with the court staff and manufacturer. Is'nt it such a sad state of affairs with the judicial system? Absolutely no faith in them to deliver speedy justice.
hrman is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 09:27   #1702
Distinguished - BHPian

Slightly offtopic but what happens if the file is really lost and probably destroyed, either by accident or deliberately? Does the proceedings then have to start from day 1 again?
Old 23rd July 2014, 09:36   #1703
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately though, it's going to be a while before they migrate to the e-filing. The High Courts are sure to get it in a few years but it will take a long while before it trickles down to lower Courts, Forums and Tribunals.

Harish, please don't lose heart. The file will be found and proceedings will resume.
Dear Suhaas:

From your profile I can see that you are from the legal profession so I feel heartened to read the above.

The current headlines on the judiciary as well as some compromised judges I have personally heard of (worse, in Public Prosecution cases) makes me wonder if the judiciary has let down the country more than the politicians. The latter are atleast judged by people once in 5 years.

To top the irony, they derive their power from our tax money!

Cheers,

Last edited by diffsoft : 23rd July 2014 at 09:38.
diffsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 09:59   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Slightly offtopic but what happens if the file is really lost and probably destroyed, either by accident or deliberately? Does the proceedings then have to start from day 1 again?
Mohit bhai in that case the courts usually seek the help of the counsels to re-create the file and the proceedings go on from where it stopped prior to the file being lost.

It is because of this reason that all files in various courts in Delhi are now being scanned and proper records maintained.

Hope this helps!
Rohan
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:21   #1705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mohit bhai in that case the courts usually seek the help of the counsels to re-create the file and the proceedings go on from where it stopped prior to the file being lost.
But are such recreations in any way close to the original truth? Or the less affluent/weaker party's version gets more dissolved, if you know what I mean.

I am all for digitalisation of all such things. Although pretty sure there also the risk of losing or making a file disappear still remains.

@Harish: When is the next date?
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:30   #1706
Senior - BHPian

All this while, wondering what Skoda gained by putting one of their customer go through all this and and why.
sarathlal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:31   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
But are such recreations in any way close to the original truth? Or the less affluent/weaker party's version gets more dissolved, if you know what I mean.

I am all for digitalisation of all such things. Although pretty sure there also the risk of losing or making a file disappear still remains.

@Harish: When is the next date?
No dilution of truth. whenever any filing is done, it is mandatory to serve a copy on the opposite side. Therefore contents can always be verified.

Yes, the risk does remain in any given situation for loss of data but is hugely mitigated in case of digital copies.

The next date in the matter is 19 August.
I have asked Harish to verify the details from the record register of the court and the record room. That should throw some light on this.

Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:31   #1708
BHPian

Thats right. The file will be reconstructed.

They next date is 19th August.
harishv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 11:06   #1709
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
All this while, wondering what Skoda gained by putting one of their customer go through all this and and why.
I used to think the same sometime back. All they had to do was to proactively accept their misdeeds, provide him a new replacement and move on. It would have been a win-win situation for both the parties. Instead they chose to fight it out, had a company representative register on the forum, threaten the forum for supporting Harish and has now dragged it to no end.

I respect Harish’s patience and endurance however. I sincerely hope you get a speedy and favorable justice. You have our support.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 11:33   #1710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Reputation!

Look at their sales figures and anyone can guess what kind of reputation. With the free flow of info these days, even normal (read non car savy, aam janta) customers are also aware that the big boss of Skoda is VW. Have a look at their numbers too.

Hang in there Harish.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks