Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2014, 10:15   #1846
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court. *UPDATE* Case Settled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Harish,

I'm really happy that this ordeal is over for you. And importantly, with an end result you're satisfied with.

This community is always happy to help a BHPian in trouble. I don't think we've met in years now, but I do remember talking to you when this case originally began, and recommending the Toyota Corolla to you then. Members who've commented on this thread, and some guests who dropped an email via the 'contact us' form, have stood by you like a rock.

The new team @ Skoda definitely handled this matter with the right attitude. One guy in particular (you know who you are) pushed hard to resolve this case. Thank you!

Now, lets talk about that treat you owe us BHPians. Kebabs at Bade Miyan?

Kebabs it is. At Bade Miyan. Can we have a date and time guys convenient to a majority of us ?
harishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 10:24   #1847
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court. *UPDATE* Case Settled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Kebabs it is. At Bade Miyan. Can we have a date and time guys convenient to a majority of us ?

How about 31st evening.?

I am leading a foodie delegation to Bombay from 28th-31st and our extravaganza ends with dinner @ Bade Miyan on 31st.

Waseem.
Old 21st August 2014, 10:29   #1848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
How about 31st evening.?
Suits me. GTO ? Guys ?
Old 21st August 2014, 10:38   #1849
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Suits me. GTO ? Guys ?
Free Shipping to Ranchi?

Anyway, great to see a day come like this. Congratulations! And have a blast guys!
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 10:52   #1850
BHPian

Congrats Harish and you truely deserve it for the patience you have shown. Many of us of have been closely following your thread for updates. Better late than never. Skoda and VW should take steps to put customer satisfaction as top priority. If possible, please do share details of the settlement.
stringbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 11:02   #1851
BHPian

Congrats Harish Sir.
Hats off to you sir. At last you won.

Even during my new car purchase i was very impressed with the Rapid but then i remembered this thread and Rapid was gone.

Its too long time to get justice.
SKODA should have done this before 5 years.

Glad to know that the top managment has changed and now they really concern about the customer.

They have very good products but they actually do not know how to maintain it.

Last edited by KALINGA : 21st August 2014 at 11:04.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 11:06   #1852
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court *UPDATE* Skoda settles the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
Umm, no. Not even close.

They just settled the matter with one individual, who was more stubborn than they could have imagined. They have settled one matter after 6 years of threats, court case and behavior abhorrent of a service provider. I have not heard or seen any official statement from Skoda to suggest that they will not drag another unsuspecting individual through court for years, before settling the matter. Or change their attitude towards their customers.

A swallow doesn't make summer. Their reaction and behavior, in this matter over last 6 years and in general with dealership and ASS, is more of a testimony of their attitude, not settling one matter. Though I am glad they have been put through this.

I hope this case is better publicized to raise consumer awareness, but if you don't see it outside T-Bhp, rest assured Skoda is bending backwards to ensure it. And that by itself tells me that nothing's changed. It's one court case less, that's it.
Well, look at it the other way.

a) A new beginning has been made

b) Customers reading Harish's case would know that Skoda (or be it any other manufacturer) can be held accountable for their product and issues emanating from the product. Yes, you need to be patient and determined to stand your cause.

c) One case is not representative of the prevalent ASS at Skoda; and I agree with your point in respect to this. But, Skoda has tried to resolve a long pending issue to its customer's satisfaction. And, with Harish mentioning that they are looking to settle issues that have been raised on forums, it is clearly a step in the right direction.

d) My point is that we are not there yet; BUT we are getting there. This holds true for all auto manufacturers in India.

Last edited by rdhawan15 : 21st August 2014 at 11:07.
rdhawan15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 11:13   #1853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Now, lets talk about that treat you owe us BHPians. Kebabs at Bade Miyan?
oi! what about ze rest of us?

if ze kebabs are pacelled and sent across (read - same day delivery), i'm good

ps: i'm still staying away from Skoda
Old 21st August 2014, 11:24   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Free Shipping to Ranchi?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
oi! what about ze rest of us?

if ze kebabs are pacelled and sent across (read - same day delivery), i'm good
Will check with bade miyan if he has a solution. However, am coming to Bangalore next month. Can carry for you guys. Or we can visit the bade miyan equivalent there. Diffsoft ?
Old 21st August 2014, 11:28   #1855
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will check with bade miyan if he has a solution. However, am coming to Bangalore next month. Can carry for you guys. Or we can visit the bade miyan equivalent there. Diffsoft ?
Just joking Harish! Consider it settled if you guys post pictures of the blast!
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 11:30   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
I am veg harish!!!!!!! So I would prefer a mixed option to satisfy all palate...as for "Bade Miyan" equivalent......I don't know Bangalore as well as I know Bombay

But how about Mahesh Lunch Home here - nice pomfret (and I can turn non-veg for just a day)!

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 11:42   #1857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
I am veg harish!!!!!!! So I would prefer a mixed option to satisfy all palate...as for "Bade Miyan" equivalent......I don't know Bangalore as well as I know Bombay

But how about Mahesh Lunch Home here - nice pomfret (and I can turn non-veg for just a day)!

Cheers,
Bingo. Will confirm my date and let you know.
Old 21st August 2014, 11:44   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Just joking Harish! Consider it settled if you guys post pictures of the blast!
Will do. Please catch up with me if you are in Mumbai next.
Old 21st August 2014, 12:03   #1859
BHPian

Congrats Harish and GTO. Nice to see a positive end to the whole saga.

Just like others, I was keenly following this thread as well. To be frank did not expect such a speedy end on a positive note, which makes the news all the more sweeter.

But this is not going to change the fact that our next car is definitely not a Skoda or a VW. Rapid was THE top contender in our list of probables, however your story coupled with others in our circle made us weary of taking such a risk. Lot of discussions later we finally removed Skoda from our immediate future plans.

I still remain an ardent fan of the Rapid and a few other nice models VAG dishes out in Germany. But then being a fan is more healthy & harmless vis-a-vis owning one here in India.
vinjosep is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 12:19   #1860
BHPian

Congratulations, Harish.

Wow man. That was quick. When we were looking at finding a way in the court, this 'behind the closed doors' thing has happened. Feeling happy for you.

Pls elaborate on how you managed all this, if and to the extent you find it feasible.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks