Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2014, 16:59   #1756
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court *UPDATE* Skoda settles the

Though I haven't posted on this thread, i've have been reading it since 2009.

I'm truly very happy that the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction and a settlement has been reached after 6 years of ordeal. Its also good to know the new MD is focused to set things right,the cars are excellent,its just the after sales that was their achilles heel (VW too).

I hope to see many more happy Skoda customers like you in future. Congratulations!
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 17:03   #1757
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court *UPDATE* Skoda settles the

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
I would not term it as bringing Skoda to its knees. I would say I had more responsible people at Skoda to deal with.
Absolutely clueless how settlements are done in general. Is the settlement done full and final as in you have received it? If the compensation is at a latter date, please update the community that its full and final too
Old 19th August 2014, 17:22   #1758
BANNED

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Quote:
Hi Folks

Just to let you know that I reached a fair and satisfactory settlement with Skoda Auto India today.

By making customer satisfaction its top priority, Skoda under its new leadership is steering the company in a positive direction.
Congratulations Harish on the positive development in your case with Skoda.

Would be great if you can break the suspense and tell all of us as to how the issue has been closed and what has Skoda done from their end.

Have a peaceful sleep tonight!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 17:25   #1759
BHPian

Quote:
I would not term it as bringing Skoda to its knees. I would say I had more responsible people at Skoda to deal with.
Akhir Acche Din Aa Hi Gaye !!!

Really appreciate your perseverance. Hope you are happy now. Good to see that Skoda is making efforts to change its image in India. I really dont want to see Skoda brand disappearing from the Indian market just because of the poor after sales service.

Congratulations to you Harish!

PS : By reading your today's comments on Skoda, I guess that "No negative comments on Skoda brand on public forums" is a part of your settlement deal. Just kidding!

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 19th August 2014 at 17:33.
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 17:26   #1760
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Would be great if you can break the suspense and tell all of us as to how the issue has been closed and what has Skoda done from their end.

Anurag.
Harish can mention everything except the the dosage and frequency of Vitamin M he would have received from Skoda. Confidentiality must be a part of this deal.

Waseem
SILVERWOOD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 17:48   #1761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTLovesNano View Post
Is the settlement done full and final as in you have received it?
The settlement has been full and final and concluded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post

PS : By reading your today's comments on Skoda, I guess that "No negative comments on Skoda brand on public forums" is a part of your settlement deal. Just kidding!
Shared my bitter experience, last few years, when I had one. Had a pleasant experience last whole month, so have to share it accordingly. Will post a negative comment as soon as I experience one in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Harish can mention everything except the the dosage and frequency of Vitamin M he would have received from Skoda. Confidentiality must be a part of this deal.

Waseem
Thanx Waseem
harishv is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 17:53   #1762
BHPian

Quote:
Shared my bitter experience, last few years, when I had one. Had a pleasant experience last whole month, so have to share it accordingly. Will post a negative comment as soon as I experience one in the near future.
You have already suffered a lot. I just pray god to bless you only with good experiences in future.
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 17:55   #1763
BHPian

While am happy that this case came to a conclusion and to the satisfaction of harishv, I can't hide the disappointment of not seeing a headline like "Harish trounces Skoda in court".

For one, settlements, sadly doe not provide the satisfaction a victory provides. But the worst part for us observers, is that settlements comes with non-disclosure clauses that prohibits the rest of us from knowing what happened, and it limits all the pleasure that we seek to get.

For now, I would derive my pleasure from the knowledge that there is at least one happier man today.

Congrats harishv!
blacksport is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 17:56   #1764
BANNED

Quote:
The settlement has been full and final and concluded.
Wish to know the details.

The golden question:

What next?

A Skoda again?!

Anurag.
Old 19th August 2014, 17:58   #1765
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Harish, hats off to your perseverance.

Although it took them over 6 years, I guess its better late than never

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th August 2014 at 17:59.
Technocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 18:07   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

A Skoda again?!

Anurag.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post

But the worst part for us observers, is that settlements comes with non-disclosure clauses that prohibits the rest of us from knowing what happened,
Regrettable but true.
harishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 18:08   #1767
BHPian

Many Congrats Harish on your extended fight.. But the suspense has killed the excitement.

You have shared almost every bit of your fighting moment with Team BHP, but when you won your fight, the hush around the result is not fair I guess, my personal view though.
asdon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 18:09   #1768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Many Congrats Harish on your extended fight.. But the suspense has killed the excitement.

You have shared almost every bit of your fighting moment with Team BHP, but when you won your fight, the hush around the result is not fair I guess, my personal view though.
Totally agree. Wish it was otherwise.
Old 19th August 2014, 18:13   #1769
i10
BHPian

Congrats on the win - more a relief I guess

For those wanting to know the amount, here's a speculation on the 'fair and reasonable' compensation - a cash payment for the depreciated value of the vehicle (may be a 2 year depreciation)
i10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 18:16   #1770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i10 View Post
Congrats on the win - more a relief I guess
A huge relief. Don't have to go to that court any longer.
harishv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks